India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

Are men sacrificial goats (Page 8)

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:31am | IP Logged
I could not agree with you more. If If I had been Arjun, I would have thrown Purvi off the cliff, dusted my hands and gone back to Canada Ovi-lessly.Wink

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by Miss.Colorfull

Completely agree with you. In the whole fiasco arjun is the one who is going to suffer in between his mahaan lover n psycho wife who lives in her own world. As for purvi's soo called sacrifice its just beginning of another drama.it woukd of been better even arjun left both the girls n married someone else kyunki now he will go mad when everyone will sympathize with purvi and blame arjun. Bechara na ghar ka na ghat kaa pyar arjun ko bahut phenga paad gaya n as for ovi n purvi none of them deserves arjun at all.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aditty

Swati_ IF-Dazzler
Swati_
Swati_

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by umayal

Hi Swati Hug,
How do you do. Its been so long ,very long to ineract but I have seen your glimpse visits at Nikki's FF or in some sushant's news thread.

Hope you are doing well and good. All the Best .take care.

Yes, we do stuck to this serial till now, Tried to leave it too,Left a gap, left for some months, But then came back, as Pagal Pr fan or addicted to PR forum.

@Kool di, Varsha di,Kalapi Di, masti  - very nice posts. good to read all.

Hey Umi Hug
I am doing fine...What about you ?
Yeah its been ages since we have talked na ?
I remember those good old days a lot Umi Ouch

Awww...You still watch this serial...I have not watched episodes since the day Sushant left...

Take care Umi...Love you Hug

LuvSSever

koolsadhu1000 IF-Sizzlerz
koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 5:06am | IP Logged
American audience applaud when a girl goes after Her man .  They believe that  all is fair in love and war . In American soaps the girl goes after even a married man . She simply follows her heart as she believes she has one life to live . Americans believe that if the man files for divorce its his burden not the girl's fault ...he is answerable to his wife not the girl .

But this is India and an Indian soap .

Here Arjun is unmarried .

Here Arjun was engaged to Ovi [ without a party thrown in as befitting their status but nevertheless with the blessings of the elders and it was he who proposed without any kind of force].

Here Ovi loved him since puberty and she never was interested  in boyfriends although it was a developed country .

Her fiancee comes for a project tp another country and falls  for another girl and what should she do ? 

Quietly , chupchap move out of his way  and not question him or the girl . In short , she should just roll over . Then she will be 'good Ovi.'

She should accept her mother 's decision who is divorcing her father yet again ...her decision ...her atrocious decision if i may add ...[one among the many she has taken in her life] quietly like a 'good' ' obedient' child and cling to her and even weave the flower garlands for  the Arjun Purvi wedding .

Why ?

If people tell me Kools you are going too far , all we are asking is that she ' respect' others feelings may I ask 

Why should there be a control button on Ovi's feelings while the feelings of Arjun Purvi should be uncontrollable ? 

Infact so uncontrollable are they that he renounced is dad , business everything and lived in poverty for her ...he had got it that badly . But Ovi should not get it that badly ...only he . Why ? Am puzzled . Who makes these rules ?

What is underhanded about that deal ? She offered the deal to her mother , then to her adopted daughter who had created a havoc in her peaceful life .

Had she told Purvi to hide the deal from Archana or Arjun ?

Had she told Purvi to hide from Archana that  it was she who had postponed the divorce for 10 days ? Later she was smart enough to heave a sigh of relief that Purvi did not tell her name but the decion was Purvi's alone right ?

The truth is Purvi , who was smart enough to smell deals as she was a smart working girl grabbed the deal out of  her own wish the moment it was offered to her by constantly thinking and mulling over it . This  deal would give her Aai everything ...Aai was personally foolish and stubborn and going about it the wrong way .

Arjun was totally under her thumb [ many are gonna hate me for spelling it out so bluntly] and making Arjun listen was her job .

Purvi realised quickly that it was a good deal and sold Arjun for her Aai's happiness .

But Purvi is noble . So is Arjun who has been cracking deals with DK all his life . Ah i forgot . One makes deals in business not in life .

Says who ?LOLLOLLOL This entire life we get is a deal with God if u believe in him and if you are smart enough to know what you want  you win . Purvi wanted Archana's happiness and Ovi wanted only Arjun .

And Arjun? LOLLOL Trust me , he is better off without Purvi . I would hate to be sold like that ...and be eternally grateful to the deal maker for exposing the real face .

Edited by koolsadhu1000 - 06 September 2012 at 5:15am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

LuvSSeverKalapiForeverSHINeeshermasashashyam.Senorita.Dabulls23

koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 5:21am | IP Logged
Swati dear 

HugHugHug

So good to see u again . Missed u a lot . I hope ur studying hard and may god bless u .

Yes i did post after a long time . LOL Just for a lark as i have lost intrest in PR too !LOLLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LuvSSeverDabulls23

vgiri Senior Member
vgiri
vgiri

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 6:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolsadhu1000

American audience applaud when a girl goes after Her man .  They believe that  all is fair in love and war . In American soaps the girl goes after even a married man . She simply follows her heart as she believes she has one life to live . Americans believe that if the man files for divorce its his burden not the girl's fault ...he is answerable to his wife not the girl .

But this is India and an Indian soap .

Here Arjun is unmarried .

Here Arjun was engaged to Ovi [ without a party thrown in as befitting their status but nevertheless with the blessings of the elders and it was he who proposed without any kind of force].

Here Ovi loved him since puberty and she never was interested  in boyfriends although it was a developed country .

Her fiancee comes for a project tp another country and falls  for another girl and what should she do ? 

Quietly , chupchap move out of his way  and not question him or the girl . In short , she should just roll over . Then she will be 'good Ovi.'

She should accept her mother 's decision who is divorcing her father yet again ...her decision ...her atrocious decision if i may add ...[one among the many she has taken in her life] quietly like a 'good' ' obedient' child and cling to her and even weave the flower garlands for  the Arjun Purvi wedding .

Why ?

If people tell me Kools you are going too far , all we are asking is that she ' respect' others feelings may I ask 

Why should there be a control button on Ovi's feelings while the feelings of Arjun Purvi should be uncontrollable ? 

Infact so uncontrollable are they that he renounced is dad , business everything and lived in poverty for her ...he had got it that badly . But Ovi should not get it that badly ...only he . Why ? Am puzzled . Who makes these rules ?

What is underhanded about that deal ? She offered the deal to her mother , then to her adopted daughter who had created a havoc in her peaceful life .

Had she told Purvi to hide the deal from Archana or Arjun ?

Had she told Purvi to hide from Archana that  it was she who had postponed the divorce for 10 days ? Later she was smart enough to heave a sigh of relief that Purvi did not tell her name but the decion was Purvi's alone right ?

The truth is Purvi , who was smart enough to smell deals as she was a smart working girl grabbed the deal out of  her own wish the moment it was offered to her by constantly thinking and mulling over it . This  deal would give her Aai everything ...Aai was personally foolish and stubborn and going about it the wrong way .

Arjun was totally under her thumb [ many are gonna hate me for spelling it out so bluntly] and making Arjun listen was her job .

Purvi realised quickly that it was a good deal and sold Arjun for her Aai's happiness .

But Purvi is noble . So is Arjun who has been cracking deals with DK all his life . Ah i forgot . One makes deals in business not in life .

Says who ?LOLLOLLOL This entire life we get is a deal with God if u believe in him and if you are smart enough to know what you want  you win . Purvi wanted Archana's happiness and Ovi wanted only Arjun .

And Arjun? LOLLOL Trust me , he is better off without Purvi . I would hate to be sold like that ...and be eternally grateful to the deal maker for exposing the real face .
Kool..absolutely correct.. but it;s a harsh & blunt truth..I am very sure that these things(Arjun-Purvi-Ovi) do happen in real life but what is fair for everybody involved?

If I step aside and look at it.. Arjun and Ovi are the most selfish ones.. Arjun went after what he wanted and Ovi went after what she wanted.. The indian Sankaari girl, adoped kid is the one got affected in this whole situation in every step of her way. How she handled it is a different story.
She can not force Arjun to marry Ovi. By doing so, she has portrayed herself as a selfish person.
Ovi asked her to leave Arjun, she never asked Purvi to convince Arjun to marry her. Why she has to do that step on her own. Arjun was very upset and AKish when he agreed to marry Ovi..
I want to see whether the marriage is going to work or what he is planning to do..

Besides..Purvi is very gentle in our hearts, so I am not able to take your version..Kool, I always love your sarcasm but not able to do that today. We are emotionally hurt..

The current gen kids (American or Indian kids) are very very practical (mostly) and less emotional. They get over things very fast and take care of their needs before others' need.
Whereas I am (an FOB, not fresh..15 years in US) the one who fall for this emotional blackmail and expect a fair deal.

Let me do a different post about your Americans and American soap..

koolsadhu1000

vgiri Senior Member
vgiri
vgiri

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 6:50am | IP Logged
"American audience applaud when a girl goes after Her man .  They believe that  all is fair in love and war . In American soaps the girl goes after even a married man . She simply follows her heart as she believes she has one life to live . Americans believe that if the man files for divorce its his burden not the girl's fault ...he is answerable to his wife not the girl ."
Your statement about Americans or the soap is a stereotype.. Not agreeing..
The good thing about American soap is..less emotional for us.. cause we can never connect with their life style. so it doesn;t affect us that much. Period..

ForeverSHINee

SudhaSangeet IF-Dazzler
SudhaSangeet
SudhaSangeet

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 6:53am | IP Logged
YES
becoz indian serials show indian men wimp like that and women very powerful and who runs the home

but the reality is exactly opp...

And ideally arjun should cut out this crap and should have bombarded purvi that you dont live me and you love your aai more thats fine...but why should I destroy my life in you being mahaan procedure...
that means he too is ready to be bakra aka goat...
his character is destroyed forever...

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

KalapiForeverSHINeesoapwatcher1sashashyamkoolsadhu1000.Senorita.Dabulls23

koolsadhu1000
koolsadhu1000

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Shyamala I  have seen an aai obssesed female much before in PR .LOLLOL Thanks for ur views .

SW thanks for ur compliments ...and anyone I have missed as im so forgetful  nowadays and I  am just skimming through the pages .

What I  find extremely underhanded is not telling about the deal to Arjun by Purvi . She left it out ! She morphed it as a big  test of 'love' to poor flabbergasted Arjun !  Suddenly , just like that when he was on cloud nine ! She had been mulling about it all along hadn't she .  If this was 'love' why hide it from Arjun . Ovi I can understand but Purvi loved him right .LOLLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Kalapishermasashashyam.Senorita.Dabulls23

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pavitra Rishta Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index