Are men sacrificial goats

Posted: 11 years ago
I know that the larger part of the viewership are women and they relate to suffering and tears and so the formula demands that the lead heroines look beautiful, suffer a lot and cry a lot .

But  women also have sons and brothers . Do they like their sons and brothers being treated  like the men are treated in this serial ?

Manav is insulted publicly and left by Archana for she wants to be mahaan in Sachu's eyes . This decision is taken much before the Purvi issue . Archana accepts a deal  and decides that an entire family can become unhappy ...for one person's  happiness .

Purvi decides to copy her mother . She decides to leave Arjun for her mother's happiness .

She asks a shocked Arjun 2 things 

1] How much do you love me 

2] What will you do for me 

A zapped Arjun rightly asks her ' ' what more ...do you want me to jump from the edge of this hill ''

This after he has stayed in a chawl and embraced poverty and worked as a mechanic for her ! After he had renounced even his father's name !

She then asks him to ' prove his love' by marrying Ovi .

She tells a stunned Arjun that she will be able to digest this marraige for her Aai's happiness !

Are men sacrificial goats to be sacrificed at the altar of so called 'love' by women ?

Don't they have any say in the matter ? Are all decisions taken by the one making sacrifices only ? Years ago Varsha aborted a baby without the consent of her husband Satish . Years ago Archana decided to leave Manav so that Shravani could have him and welcomed her with an aarti . Years ago she did a court case on him to prove he fraudulently duped poor people . Years ago she decided that her sister was ' cured' and insisted obstinately that she hold her child when the sister was protesting . Her sister had a baby mania and ran away with the child whose life got spoilt in the process as he became a full fledged goon . Now Purvi ' makes' Arjun marry someone else for giving her Aai happiness .

I know this is only a TV show but which of us would like our sons or brothers to be treated this way ?

Will Manav show some self respect and decide himself not to accept Archana for assuming that 52 year old Shravani was still waiting in some part of the world for him , aged 61 ? So what if Sachu hoped so ...how dare Archana make a decision on Manav's behalf ?

Will Arjun show some self respect and make his marraige a success by not looking at Purvi's face who made him this miserable ?

Will Manav and Arjun not get angry with the catalysts ...Sachu and Ovi when they understand the truth about the deals and tell the mahaan women that the deals showed them their real face ...asli roop?

Poor Arjun who

gave up his money

gave up his dad

gave up his identity

was ready to jump off the hill to prove his love

became such a puppet in Purvi's hands that she demanded more and more till she squeezed every  drop of happiness out of him . It is Arjun's fault that he gave a woman so much power over him .

I still disapprove of what he did to both the sisters but you must give credit where it is due ...Arjun did not hesitate to become the bad guy once knew it was Purvi he was in love with . He took a lot of flak for his admission of his feelings . Manav , the entire Deshmukh family , Ovi were very disappointed in him but he stood by his feelings .

Why did Arjun not refuse when Purvi asked him to sacrifice in the name of love by saying you take what decision you want but I am  a different individual  and i won't marry Ovi ? Don't take decisions on my behalf ?

In my opinion Arjun did wrong twice for trying to please Purvi .

1] Giving up his total identity for her while she never gave up hers and remained proud of the fact that she was Archana's daughter and had her sanskaars .

2] Listening to her demands and marrying Ovi .

Such was Purvi's hold on him that he jumped like an acrobatic monkey through loopholes for her .

She remained what she was ...attached only to her Aai .

I pity anyone's son or brother to have wives like Archana and Purvi .

As for Purvi , she should not cleverly give the name of ' proving his love'  for a selfish demand  and decision she took for her mother's happiness . The truth is she used her hold over him to get him to do her bidding and like a lovelorn weak fool he obliged .

superb post
i tottally agree
when arjun was introduced,
i never though arjun wld be another toy for k family,but he proovd worst
 felt bad for him,but he deserve this,
he needs to know how does it feel when ur dreams r shtterd like this,hid dreaam was only of 4mths
but ovi dream of getting marry to him past 5 years
totally agree sherma .

Arjun's deeds are haunting him for breaking  girl's heart after committing to her .

His choice was wrong .

No 'love' that makes one so miserable is worth it .
Basically, Arjun AND Purvi's characters have gone down the drain.

Purvi was the girl who took no crap from anyone. She was so bold, and had her own stable mind and thought of solutions cleverly

Arjun, well, i wasnt expecting him at all to  give in to Purvi's demands. He was a smart guy, and wanted to go to all extents to acquire his love, but here, at the end, he's also lost his personality. 
Hai Kool Di🤗,

How are you? Its been a long time seeing a thread from you.
Was awaited for a long time.

and as always ,this time too a thoughtful and a sensible post.
Well said about all.

A very well apt and suited title.

Exactly are they the sacrificial goats to be killed at the Altar.

Showing them this weak and mere puppets is not good.

This show shows and produces only Good Daughters to their Mom, who still stick to their Mom's pallu ,Nod and does everything their Mom says and  for their Mom.
Basically who can be with their Mom alone for their lifetime and who find it difficult to do justice to any other relationship or fail to convincingly do the other roles.

So, its just shows two Loving daughters(archu,Purvi) and their Proud Moms(Sulo and archu) and their so called sanskaars..Ufff...🥱.

Edited by umayal - 11 years ago
Originally posted by sherma

hid dreaam was only of 4mths
but ovi dream of getting marry to him past 5 years

since when was "love" based on time ? ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜³
Superb post kools...This is what I wrote in topic "Do Arjun really love Purvi"

Purvi should have never carried this love charades with Arjun after knowing the fact that he was engaged to Ovi..She should have stayed the heck away from him...If Arjun did not love Ovi than let him break engagement with Ovi...Things would not have been this bad for Ovi, Manav and deshmukhs...

What is the end result after 3 months of love? Purvi chose her mother over her love for Arjun...Arjun dumped his father's name, honor and business for Purvi's love and Archu's challange to prove his love for purvi...Ovi never demanded to prove anything from Arjun...She accepted him for who and what he was..

I know Arjun is not marrying Ovi for sure...this is all the drama...But even if he does it is the blessings in disguise for him...Actually now he will know how it feels to be dumped by someone...He will feel the same pain-hurt...Karma is the biggest B...What goes around does come around when least expected...This aurat the worst specie of mother will not bless Ovi when she touches Archana's feet to get blessings...

Why women like Archana-Purvi fall in love with men? They have no intentions of keeping those relationships...They should remain single and mingle with Aai and Aaji and keep that stupid Pavitra Rishta going...WHy put men thru hell in the name of love???😡 In that process hurt other women who might be in love with those men..
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
I dont know how many times I am going to repeat the below statements today.😳  😊

Though i agree Men are mere puppets and so weak in this serial and Arjun was also written with the same fate  and

So many BS and illogical, insensible Tracks these Cvs will show.
Whatever is shown by the Cvs in this serial is digested by the Viewers So far. So that gave the strength  for them. So this Arvi"s sacrifice is a yet another track from the same great CVs which had to be digested by the Viewers and Fans too.

But But...

But this time ,I find it totally digestible  😳 , am at fault.😊😃.

Arjun-ovi marriage doesnt come as a shock or surprise.
Expected,Though I dont approve Ovi going ahead with this and entering this relationship, it happened, destined, jo hua so hua.

And in this issue there is nothing to take the hate on ARMAN or Ovi. Its purely Arjun and Purvi's choice to not to go ahead with the marriage.

Purvi chosen her mothers happiness and Arjun accepted for what we should ask him.
why he had to go with it,i dont know. why he had to play weak. why he give in for Purvi's demands.

when we say Manav should have slapped archu, archu should have slapped ovi, then for many others ,many suggestions are given, then why cant arjun give a tight slap to Purvi and say,
how much I had done for you and gone down to the level i can, but what are you going to give me in return...

So with respect to Marriage,
I again think its destined for what he has done in past.

Edited by umayal - 11 years ago
Originally posted by eshaaax3.

since when was "love" based on time ? ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜³
i just meant from past 4 mths  arjun dreaming to marry purvi,but she broke it
and arjun did the same wid ovi who luvd him past 5 years,and he just broke it
it is his karma wich he has to face
Originally posted by umayal

I dont know how many times I am going to repeat the below statements today.😳  😊

Though i agree Men are mere puppets and so weak in this serial and Arjun was also written with the same fate  and

So many BS and illogical, insensible Tracks these Cvs will show.
Whatever is shown by the Cvs in this serial is digested by the Viewers So far. So that gave the strength  for them. So this Arvi"s sacrifice is a yet another track from the same great CVs which had to be digested by the Viewers and Fans too.

But But...

But this time ,I find it totally digestible  😳 , am at fault.😊😃.

Arjun-ovi marriage doesnt come as a shock or surprise.
Expected,Though I dont approve Ovi going ahead with this and entering this relationship, it happened, destined, jo hua so hua.

And in this issue there is nothing to take the hate on ARMAN or Ovi. Its purely Arjun and Purvi's choice to not to go ahead with the marriage.

Purvi chosen her mothers happiness and Arjun accepted for what we should ask him.
why he had to go with it,i dont know. why he had to play weak. why he give in for Purvi's demands.

when we say Manav should have slapped archu, archu should have slapped ovi, then for many others ,many suggestions are given, then why cant arjun give a tight slap to Purvi and say,
how much I had done for you and gone down to the leve i can, but what are you going to give me in return...

So with respect to Marriage,
I again think its destined for what he has done in past.

i totally agree,arjun shld have slapped purvi and tell her i am marrying ovi not for u or ur mom but the fact she luvs me 100o times more then u,so just buzzz off
d respect for mr arjun wld have rosen 10000 times in front of me