Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SiasCreations thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Res, might pen down a few lines if I have time regarding the title.
---

"O, beware, my lord, of jealousy; it is the green-ey'd monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on."

Having not seen the episode yet, I will not be analysing today. Instead I will write a small amount about the title of this Redux. A very small amount, sorry!

Othello: a story of love, jealousy, misunderstanding, tragedy and destruction.Iago - Othello's trusted companion. Blinded by the power of the 'green eyed monster', Iago set himself and others on a path of destruction.

"Keep your friends close and enemies closer". Iago despised Othello as he had wanted to be Othello's lieutenant & felt outraged that Cassio had earned the position instead. He also believed that Emilia had been Othello's mistress at some point, yet he knew the best way to get to Othello was by acting as if he was on his side. Strategically convincing Othello that Cassio was having an affair with his wife, Desdemona, he eventually led Othello onto such a path that he ended up killing his beloved wife. His envy of Othello and Cassio led to the destruction of many lives.

"I am not what I am" - Iago was the king of deceit. He deceived Roderigo, Cassio, Othello... The list goes on. Justice was served in the end by none other than his wife Emilia.

Shyam is obviously the Iago of this story - jealousy, misunderstanding, tragedy and destruction are all things we've seen in him. Justice will be served, and that will be by none other than his wife Anjali.

Othello kills his wife and then on discovering the whole truth commits suicide himself. Is that not what Arnav's father did? He killed his wife inside and led her to suicide by being caught in a web of misunderstanding & later killed himself.

Pathetic analysis, I know. It's late here and I'm shattered after a long first day back at college. I had a lot more to write but I don't have the strength so I'll leave it at that.Edited by .Ghausia. - 11 years ago
mars80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
a filler with an end to look forward to :-) just bookmarking to read u all :-)
P.S. Thanks for the title explanation tants! I was confused when I first read it last nite n had to ask several questions in order to get an idea! Second, why aint doods writing today? I hope shes not upset w the story to quit writing on redux again :-)
kpk1002 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Great title Tanthya. πŸ‘ Can't wait to read how this episode is analyzed by you and all the wonderful Reduxians!πŸ˜›

A few things bother me and I thought I would put the questions out there in the hope that someone answers them.

Q1...If Shyam is doing all this for revenge over how his sister and more importantly, her unborn child were treated (which is the only reason that makes sense), how can he justify killing his own child? We all know that he is a depraved individual, but killing your own flesh and blood?? Most of his other actions so far can be somewhat justified, as all he feels is hate and all he wants is revenge. This one act though is unjustifiable IMO.

Q2...If Anjali really thinks that Shyam is innocent, that all this is a misunderstanding and that all she wants is to be with him, why didn't she walk out of RM after the whole showdown? Why not show some spine and say "My husband is innocent and i will not return to RM until I prove his innocence!!" or maybe something like "I cannot stay where my husband is treated like this. I love him and nothing you have said proves that he is guilty of what he is accused of." Don't Shyam and she have a house that was being renovated? Doesn't Shyam still have a paying job as a lawyer (at least that is what she thinks)? Doesn't she have a right as a wife to stay with her husband if that is what she truly wants? Arnav can't stop her if she wants to walk out and live with her hubby, so why doesn't she walk out???

Q3...This has been brought up on other posts, but I didn't read a satisfactory answer anywhere. What happened to all the glass pieces? What happened to the blood she trailed in her room and from her room to the stairs? What happened to all the cuts on the bottom of her feet ? They couldn't have healed so quickly or stopped hurting either!! Why hasn't she told anybody about what lead to her fall? Or maybe I should ask, why hasn't anybody asked what lead to the fall?

Q4...Dadi believes, without a single doubt, that Shyam is telling the truth. A man she never met before shows up at her ashram, tells her this whole story...including the bit about the attempt on Arnav's life...tells her he loves his wife and only wants to be with her...and she, without checking for facts or asking anyone in RM about what transpired in the past 14years or what happened leading to the showdown, believes that he and only he speaks the truth. Everyone else including Nani and Arnav are wrong and/or misinformed. Things need to be set right at RM and so she shows up and tries to go about setting things right for the very same family she so happily abandoned so many years ago!! What justifies this behavior? What allows her to think that it is OK to let Shyam sneak around, lie to Arnav about where Anjali is going and call him to the hospital without asking anyone?

Sorry about the long post, but these questions have been driving me crazy. I hope one of you wonderful people out there can give me some answers. Thank you, thank you, thank you in advance😊

Thank you for the PMs Tanthya. Love the Redux thread and am completely hooked on to it❀️

Edited by kpk1002 - 11 years ago
S003 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hello Helllo,

Lovely ladies of the redux...before I go on my hiatus from writting on the Redux... I thougth one last hurra was needed...

And what an episode it was... we saw the ASR we know and love... I have always maintained inorder to tackle the situation  Arnav needs to become ASR... Dadi needs to see the monster that he was... the one that felt no remorse of the venom that he spewed, he just said he he thought was the truth... he did what he thought was best...
" Wohi rahana chaiyiea tha na" ... πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Stand up ladies and give credit where credit is due... today the CV's said what everyone has been saying from day 1 go back to the damn ashram Dadi...

I loved Barun today... loved him... all this Arnav the romantic hero is good but raw, unadulterated ASR is so much better... man when the CV's get it right Oh how they get it right...

But this is IPKKND and where they get it oh sooo right they also FAIL MISERABLY!!!! What have you guys done to Khushi... What... I ask????????????

Khushi was supposed to play devils advocate... I get it... she has a big heart this girl... she doesn't just see other peoples pain , she feels it. And then tries her best to make sure she can help alleivate it... now this is no ordinary other person... this is Anjali someone she loves... she feels guilty about hiding the truth from... somewhere deep inside she believes that she is the reason Anjali's world is falling apart... (that is why it hurt so much when Arnav said those exact same words to her... she couldn't take it...).

So Khushi wants to tell Arnav that may be the hurt Shyam is feeling for losing his child is genuine... but instead... Gopi Bahu... oh sorry Khushi... comes out as being superior instead of being confused about whether this man was actually telling the truth or lying through his teeth...she sounded like she wants justice for all... wth was that??????

Here is what I would have liked to see... Khushi telling Arnav that she saw geniune pain... but Khushi sitting down and thinking about what Shyam did to her... tied her up and left her to die by Arnav's hands... almost killed Arnav... accused her of being after him... then think about Di and her state... then stand up and tell Arnav that they need to think first and foremost about Anjali... now I'm no director, actor, script writer, or anything more than a fan... but I read and take mental notes when writers malign their main characters... JK Rowling did it when she had Ron Weasley (AKA the reason I read HP) leave Harry when Harry needed him the most... but she built up that scene almost right from the moment we met Ron on the train... then she gave him a hero's welcome back... I digress...the point is... yes Khushi is a righteous character... she believes the best in people... she is ever willing to give people a second chance... I mean if she can give Arnav a second/third/fourth chance why won't she give Shyam another chance... but... BUT... BUT... Khushi loves Arnav more than she loves her righteousness... remember she said I can fall to any level to make sure he is ok... so before she stood in front of Arnav talking about feeling Shyam's pain she really...REALLY needed to take a moment to feel her own opinions form...

We watch this show because the characters think... they do not preach... the act and react like the audience... just saying... if you are wearing a thinking cap from other show kindly check it at the door before entering the IPKKND space!!!

And now for my least favorite part of today... I normally end with what impressed me most... but today its what digusted me the most... Someone please take the time to explain to me this logic...

Daljeet plays Anjali... a guillable young women... with her head in the clouds... she loves her brother with a passion... and is known to be his only weakness... now... since people hate things that remind them of characteristics that most closely resemble themselves, poor Anjali got the brunt of some purely cruel comments... the reason why I say this... is because honestly, can someone deny not believing the man you love when he gives you one of those lines... Oh I was sooo busy... ya right busy partying with your friends... etc etc...

But Daljeet carried on... she played her part... whether people threw eggs at her or roses...

Then Anjali got pregnant and Daljeet refused to wear the bump... why... I swear I don't even know... but there was some tension... then she wore the bump only to lose the baby promptly...
now here is my question... to Daljeet... wear the bump be a mother... at least have the audience accepting you and your character... or lose the baby, the audience now has no respect for your character... they hate the sight of you on screen... no matter how well you play your role it sits as nicely as cold two days old pizza on an bad stomach... at awards shows since its all popular and not critics... no one will vote for you ... so basically you have the role you wanted... a parallel lead not a mother... you get to keep your flat tummy but you lose the love of the audience and now every member of the audience is abhoring your presence on screen and your stupidity of character... so tell me when would you threaten to leave?????????? Then or now?

CV's...  no one asks Anjali what happened to her... why she was alone on the stairs... no one saw her feet... not even the nurses in the hospital??????

Really... REALLY... ok I apologize for being so hard on you... you see I love this show and when there is so much love there is so much more expectations...

I loved that today all the characters played their roles... Khushi has accepted her position in Arnav's life... Arnav will not tolerate even a wrongful look in Khushi's direction... Dadi showed up because she thought she could fix things... Nani stood up because who the hell is Dadi coming in here and pretending she knows better... Mami stood tall besides Nani she helped raise these kids... NK spoke up again (beautifully done... he doesn't mean disrespect just brought up in a different environment) Aakash looked down ... digesting all the information ( so true to his logical character... I wish they use his cool common sense and soothing way of handling the situation more) Shyam instigated his love...Anjali blinded by love followed down a treacherous path... Buaji instructed Khushi to take care of Arnav... Garima stood shaking in fear... where was Payal??? vacation day????

Why are they still in the clothes from the engagement... yes I know they got new outfits but does that mean they make full vasolli of them... Jeez...

And finally to the reduxians... I take a break from writing starting tomorrow... sorry guys for me the magic is lost... lost with the  love story...lost with the hope that Anjali would not be the weakling that they set her out to be... lost with the hope that the baby would be on sets of IPKKND... I would like to thank everyone for their continued support, love, and time taken in reading my posts and sending me PM's...

To Sandu, my cyber sister... who discovered my ramblings... reserved a spot for me, got me noticed... then threatned me with her cyber danda to write everyday... without you this journey would not have been half as fun... love you long time...

To Tant, everyday you start the redux and everyday a treasure trove of knowledge is unleashed upon me... thank you for enhancing my learning experience.

To Guru D, what can I say... sometimes I wish the CV's would just lift the story from your analysis... it would make perfect sense and would keep us entertained...

To Koel, JJ,Bushy,Anu,Maria,Sam, Sumi, Trin, Naz, Shaz ( a thousand apologies if I have not mentioned your name, you see I'm falling asleep while typing ) and everyone I have bumped into on the redux... thank you... for enriching me with your praise for taking the time and for enlightening me with your brillant takes... muahhh

And that my friends was my two cents...

Lots of Love

S

P.S. I won't be sticking around please PM me your comments...

Edited by S003 - 11 years ago
rulama thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Tanthya,

Really an apt title for todays episode. Iago!!! Kudos to you!

Glad that ASR was able to see through both Daadi and Shyam. But just couldn't relish Kushi falling to Shyam's emotional crap🀒.  Anjali is emotional and surely is in depression after her miscarriage as earlier itself she was really that fine emotionally😭. Can understand her but not Kushi!😲 How can she be so gullible eh!😑

About yesterday's Redux GUHA what did you mean by it? Karthikeya ?
amimus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I absolutely loved Barun Sobti today , what a brilliant actor . He is the best thing that happened to television. What fantastic portrayal of emotions today . Brilliant. Take a bow Sobti you are truly amazing.

Let's start with the episode.

We have Arnav consoling Anjali for her loss. The cradle is being taken away from the room , I was hoping the will might fall down but alas it is too much to expect from the CV's, when they can conveniently forget about Anji foot injury and shock then what more to say. I am surprised at the cinematic liberty here, no one in the house has questioned her fall. Arnav is depressed about his DI 's condition but his strength is right there with him . She gives him the confidence that he is not wrong and will take care of everything and make things right. But it had to be DADI to taunt her isn't it. What is with this woman aaarghhh I hate her. Well the confrontation moves to the hall with the entire family gathered.

Once again Arnav is pressurized by DADI but he does not relent because he is sure of Shyam not being good. He knows he is cunning, liar , deceitful and all the other mean things.  But Dadi keeps on insisting that SMJ loves ANji a lot and she has seen it. Whoa the Harvard brain has started working and he questions Dadi of how come she saw love in his eyes in the first meeting itself. DADI ki pol khul gayi , she is cornered and finally blurts out that Shyam met her at Ashram and pleaded and cried in front of her. Well SMJ he knows how to hit the right nerve of the person. He goaded her ego and made her feel that only she can right the wrong , never once speaking against Arnav or the family . Only hinting at the troublemaker as Khushi . Arnav closes his eyes and finally informs dadi that there is no misunderstanding and he knows the truth.

He also informs her to not make the same mistake which he did before , but DADI is DADI will she listen to anyone. What surprises me is that she has believed Shyam without any proof shown by him and not her own grandson , is it because Shyam cried in front of her and Arnav is exactly opposite. Arnav in anger and frustration gives it back to Dadi as to why not she go back to where she came from , yeah right DADI go back even we don't want you here.

Ne ways our eve forgiving and giving chances Khushi what to say about her. She is so nave and gullible just like Anji , she is trying to convince Arnav to bring back Shyam , but loved the argument between them. It was not a heated but calm and understanding of each other's point of view. I am glad Khushi didn't push it and finally agreed that Arnav has decided so it will be right.

Will not speak on ANji- Shyam scene as not much to say as I was so sure that SHyam will be manipulating Anji to get back as he knows it's only her to whom Arnav will bend and listen. He reminds her of her ZIDDI nature and very smartly puts words in her mouth and Anji takes the bait .

Walks into Arnav rooms and asks Hume Shyamji Lauta doon .  What is Arnav going to do next , pressure from Anji , dadi and a little bit of pushing from Khushi , will he relent and till when. Anji is back to her emotional blackmail and manipulative ways , she knows this is the only way to get Arnav agree to her demands.

I liked today's episode there were many loopholes but what to say IPK is full of it .One question guys how long before Arnav succumbs to the pressure ?

Well for daily dose of drama, romance, thrill , suspense , mystery and lots of emotions do not forget to tune into IPK from Mon- Fri 8 PM only on SP.
Supna9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Book maring...

aaj main ne kya dekha...😲😲

2 rock stars...

ASR...😑 πŸ˜‘😑😑 VS DADI...   😑😑😑😑

Nk bhai dadi ne Asr ko grass nahi dali ...😭😭

tou you kiss khait ki mooli hain...πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

jo dadi you ko graas daling...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Dadi only moonchon waley jinn ko grass dalti hain...πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”

Edited by Supna9 - 11 years ago
ENLIGHTENED1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
wow some awsome  analysis 
Hkrajan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Just bookmarking gals abhi itna talent nahi k kuch likh sako 😳
joyvg thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
For me today's epi  was all about  headstrong wa Vs  Naive ..wa's...and Arnav  Singh Raizada - you really stand out πŸ‘πŸΌ

Circling your, circling your, circling your head,
Contemplating everything you ever said
Now I see the truth, I got doubt
A different motive in your eyes and now I'm out
See you later...
I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality paved in gold
See inside, inside of our heads
Well now that's over
I see your motives inside, decisions to hide

Back off I'll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong