Saas Bina Sasuraal

I reiterate my point...

abc113 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Only if I could forget all the crap shown in last couple of weeks and ignore how much damage has already been done to my beloved SBS characters, I should be able to appreciate today's episode. Personally, I didn't enjoy last two episodes especially yesterday's episode which to me felt like a long monologue first by Smiley and then by Tej. I don't appreciate long monologues, they make me bored and distracted from the purpose. I hated it when in earlier episodes Pashu used to get into his rage mode followed by self-pity mode. Even though tears rolled down my face when Tej and Toasty cried and hugged each other in the ashram and wonderful "Tere Liye" music played in the background but afterwards I couldn't sit through Tej's long speech to Toasty.

Today, not surprisingly, SBS put a light and comedic twist to such colossal turn of events. Even though everyone's dialogs and acting is superb (very SBSey indeed), I can't ignore the fact that concept is senseless and annoying. Not sure how the story will end, may be they will figure that Toasty doesn't have brain tumor or else Toasty will have brain tumor but everyone will be fully devoted to her treatment plans. Either ways, it does not erase the idiotic plot thrown in between and a despicable use of female character Smiley.

Lately, SBS has been Tej-centric which kept Ravi female fans interested in the show, then there were Rubina fans who showed up to sympathize with Smiley. In all this I could hardly find the true SBS fans on the forum. In a way, it is good that SBS ended this way; it prepared me to not miss it once it is over. If it ended on a high note, I wonder how I would have dealt with not seeing SBS family on regular basis.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

abc113 thumbnail
Thanks to devil_saint2000changumangu123aditiaroraheart1ChitrashiGauri22akash08 for liking my post.

For me show was over the day Sudha announced to C-family that Toasty was dead and then later went home and talked to her on phone.

In retrospect, considering how things took turn for worse afterwards, I believe that the episode where Toasty left C-house, said her goodbyes to one and all, had a beautiful scene with Tej and threw rice seeds bidding farewell to her beloved sasural would have been a much meaningful and strong ending to SBS.

To me, today's episode was a dud!!! (not surprising at all since I was being prepared for it in last couple of weeks.)

Still SBS will be remembered with great fondness and in future, I can see myself going to youtube and searching randomly for SBS episodes to entertain myself 😊

Edited by abc113 - 11 years ago
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
The last episode was so pointless

and promoting the new show at the ends was just cringe worthy

so many ways this show could have gone

if only CVs had actual experience in story writing
heart1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: silvermoonlight

The last episode was so pointless

and promoting the new show at the ends was just cringe worthy

so many ways this show could have gone

if only CVs had actual experience in story writing

totally agree 100%

tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
so did she end up dying or going abroad for treatment or was it a fake wrong report.

abc113 thumbnail
Originally posted by: tina59

so did she end up dying or going abroad for treatment or was it a fake wrong report.

None of the above. Pitaji, Smiley (and may be Shobha aunty) promised to get her treated completely. Toasty hardly spoke today. She only said sorry to Smiley, wore her wedding dress, got remarried to Tej, felt giddy while doing pheras so (very unoriginal) Tej picked her up and finished the pheras, everyone smiled for a quick family picture and the show was over...wait!! it wasn't over because then there was a very lame promotion of new show which is to replace SBS.
Tejy_Kumari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Didi, I definitely respect your view and I agree that the Smiley track was just pointless and that there are so many other better possibilities the CVs could have come up with, but I don't know..I guess I have this abnormal "unconditional love" and respect for SBS or maybe more so for the actors where literally no matter what happens and no matter how angry a track makes me, I can't find it within me to dislike it.  Even now looking back after watching the last episode, I have a certain small piece of respect for all the crap that was shown because it goes with Toasty's character and Smiley's story is definitely a realistic one...it's weird how all the tracks that might have irritated me the most like Kiya and Tej-Smiley remarriage are ones that I've seen and heard happening in my extended family very recently and it's made me realize how very relatable fiction shows can be.

I'll be there with you watching old epis of SBS :D I'm starting a new thread on Monday starting from the first episode and running through the epis in order on the thread, one each day or every other day.  :)
abc113 thumbnail

Tejy: I respect your views too 👍🏼 and my posts are definitely not to influence forum members in believing that my perspective or view of the show/track/episode is the best and should be followed. I have always been honest about my feelings for every episode in SBS and have decently expressed my views trying not to impose my opinion on others. I have bounced back plenty of times after not liking a certain twist in story but this last one was hard to fathom.

I do not even want to call it the "Smiley track" as I have come to empathize with her big time. In fact I despise how in all this chaos, a beautiful female character (Smiley) is finally shown to be weak only to glorify Tej and Toasty's love. To me, the entire track beginning with Toasty having LAST stage brain tumor was a big failure. I just saw a downhill journey for SBS thereafter. It was a big letdown for a devoted fan like me and to see SBS end this way is beyond anything I could have ever hoped not to see.  

It's great that you plan to keep the forum active but I cannot promise to be regular on forum anymore. I will check in once in a while but I am going to be very busy very soon 😊

Good luck with your efforts to bring SBS2 🤗
Tejy_Kumari thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: abc113

Tejy: I respect your views too 👍🏼 and my posts are definitely not to influence forum members in believing that my perspective or view of the show/track/episode is the best and should be followed. I have always been honest about my feelings for every episode in SBS and have decently expressed my views trying not to impose my opinion on others. I have bounced back plenty of times after not liking a certain twist in story but this last one was hard to fathom.

I do not even want to call it the "Smiley track" as I have come to empathize with her big time. In fact I despise how in all this chaos, a beautiful female character (Smiley) is finally shown to be weak only to glorify Tej and Toasty's love. To me, the entire track beginning with Toasty having LAST stage brain tumor was a big failure. I just saw a downhill journey for SBS thereafter. It was a big letdown for a devoted fan like me and to see SBS end this way is beyond anything I could have ever hoped not to see.  

It's great that you plan to keep the forum active but I cannot promise to be regular on forum anymore. I will check in once in a while but I am going to be very busy very soon 😊

Good luck with your efforts to bring SBS2 🤗

I love that you're honest about how you feel 😊

Do try and come whenever you can 😊 I totally understand being busy..I probably won't be posting epis everyday but every other day since my workload will be increasing steadily soon too.

Thanks Didi!! I'll definitely let you know if I hear any good news at all 🤗