India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Comparing IPKKND to Madhubala

Oyster IF-Sizzlerz
Oyster
Oyster

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:01am | IP Logged
This is what I came across on a website. I have only copied the relevant parts of the article. Basically, it talks about how the show Madhubala happens to be in the danger zone due to lack of originality despite the fact that the producers have casted two of the most popular actors as the leads. I don't watch Madhubala. In fact, IPK is the only show that I watch. However, I felt that the article is talking about IPK as I read the following lines:

Here are a few possibilities. Read on and let us know if you agree:

#1. The daily soap has a very run of the mill story, with no originality. Looks like the writers are suffering a mental block. First they get Madhu engaged, and then make RK sabotage her relationship, post which Madhu asks RK for money, for which she has to marry him. OMG! Are the makers now following Ekta Kapoor's tried and tested patterns like in Kasauti Zindagi Kay and a few other soaps?

#2. A serious lack of romance between the lead pair is a huge issue. It seems the makers have truly lost track of their original story plan, no?

#3. The serial faces stiff competition from other prime time shows like Zee TV's Hitler Didi, Sony's newLove Marriage VS Arranged Marriage, Star Plus' popular Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai and Life OK's Amrit Manthan.

All said and done, we believe that if the makers don't pull up their socks right now, Madhubala will indeed meet an untimely end… don't you agree?

I never paid heed to the rumors about IPK ending because I was confident about its popularity. However, it now seems to me that I might have been a bit too overconfident. Perhaps it's high time that the writers of IPK sit together and do some serious brainstorming. The show has certainly lost its originality for me. Everything has become so predictable. In fact, I even read a post just the other day about how a forum member was able to predict every detail of an upcoming episode before it even aired. I don't think that's a very good sign. So comparing IPK's situation to Madhubala's plight means that the two could share the same fate. 

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

apoorva12sharmadipali13Kamalika..arshi_karish-Dreamer-1yyy2krish3Barundeewani19--Udhay--princessunara

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
lol didn't u know that 'dekna toh dekho' aka GH writes Madhubala too?LOLAngry

so how can anyone expect any originality, common sense, romance b/w the leads or anything!!

he is so jaded that u know he has always said he doesn't believe in love..so seems it has crept in to the stories too..cz he is trying to make us cynical too by showing romance b/w villain and a side character as the prominent story while forgetting and butchering the lead characters...

duh...he would be a romantic if he wanted to show romance b/w the leads...

so it all comes down to 'dekhna to dekho!'DeadOuch

Angry

Edited by princessunara - 05 September 2012 at 11:06am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

zenjoe-Manal.A-arshi_karish.Sad.But.True..SobtiLicious.Oyster

--Udhay-- IF-Stunnerz
--Udhay--
--Udhay--

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:04am | IP Logged
This article on Madhubala u r talking about came up some 2 weeks ago in a silly website called bollywood life. At that time, the Show's TRPs were lesser, was just 1.7 at that time. This article holds no reverence now, as the TRPs have shot up to 2.5 at the moment. So none of us have any fear of Madhubala going off air now. Same applies to IPKKND, the TRPs are stable now. Please don't make this kind of topic yar, it is hurting. I don't want IPKKND or Madhubala going off air anytime soon, these shows have the top most stars, and sizzling chemistry!!

Edited by --Udhay-- - 05 September 2012 at 11:13am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

gurtiliciousixrayShas3simran04manidOysterArshi.Sugi.IPK

Oyster IF-Sizzlerz
Oyster
Oyster

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Oh Okay Udhay, but my point was to point out how the article applies to IPPKKND as well. 
-Dreamer- IF-Rockerz
-Dreamer-
-Dreamer-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:07am | IP Logged
res.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Oyster

rini_kat IF-Rockerz
rini_kat
rini_kat

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:07am | IP Logged
I don't think like that though its true Ipk had lost charm and become quite predictable nowadays ...  but still  it has some originality... Still we can connect with the leads... though many of us including me doesn't like  Khusi supporting Shyam to come to RM today...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

disheemeenaShas3-Dreamer-.Sad.But.True.BearNaNaOyster

Oyster IF-Sizzlerz
Oyster
Oyster

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Now what could be a better description of IPK's writers than this: "Looks like the writers are suffering a mental block."

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Shas3rini_katprincessunara

Sarun_4ever Goldie
Sarun_4ever
Sarun_4ever

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
IPK is way too popular and its a revenue earner for SP so they would not end the show. The show has also given SP so much global recognition. Also, SP is taking Sarun to the UK and US as they are aware of the popularity of the show.

Personally I love the show and am enjoying it very much. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MeeraHK-Dreamer-Oyster

Go to top