Debate Mansion

The price of development... (Page 3)

Vintage.Wine Goldie
Vintage.Wine
Vintage.Wine

Posted: 29 September 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rogna

Originally posted by seoulbeats

The developed world is fundamentally responsible for poverty in developing countries. What say?

I don't agree with the statement that the developed world is fundamentally responsible for poverty in developing countries. It may be true during the time of colonial period where the european countries were enslaving the rest of the world and taking all the freedom of choices and exploiting the resources. Nowadays we can still say that the rich is still now exploiting the natural resources of the poor but now they have a choice. The reason why they are still underdeveloped or not developing is because they have a bad management system from the government. I mean look at Africa especially the sub-saharan africa. They have Ethnicity, Race and Religion issues when the government body change the whole system crumbles down and they start a new organization and organizing from the very bottom. And then not to mention the chaos and civil wars in the countries itself. It is not because of the rich countries. And there are a whole lot of other endless issues why the country stay poor. 

Sub Saharan countries? Tongue A few I reckon are going developing in a reverse chronological order LOL ...I mean imagine a cranky situation where you have abundant natural resources ..But don't know how to extract them LOL ..Civil riots, Geo political issues and other such issues of social significance are also have a drastic effect on not only their economy but the entire world's economic system ..Let's consider Nigeria here ...The relentless endeavors of sabotaging and attacking the Oil and gas pipeline there has a drastic impact on the Oil price..Oil which is a major manufacturing element. Nuclear and Anti nuclear policies of nations that always cause regional instabilities and keeps the world under a threat of war is unhealthy too. Yet inevitable. Racism and extremism too cause damage to a nations image and economy beyond repairs. Zimbabwe is one such example. There currency value dwindled to the lows never seen or heard before. So much so that they had to adopt another country's currency instead of their own. Its hilarious when one can't buy a Banana for 1000 $ LOL

There has to be some basic amount of development that has already happened before a nation can think of developing further .. With infrastructure topping that list...The readiness to adopt new liberal policies by the governments..Sometimes even relinquishing the populist policies that help them win elections is much needed...Due care though needs to be taken that the already existing businesses remain unharmed.. Its a complex issue and not many can handle that like a dab hand..

Huh!  I so wish I can become the President of some nation soon ...Okay I would contest the Elections of Many nations ...Including the US in the years to come ..Haha ..I hope yall would vote for me .. Ouch I promise I would develop the world ..and yall beyond all development LOL

Over and out Ouch

rogna IF-Dazzler
rogna
rogna

Posted: 29 September 2012 at 10:02am | IP Logged
Yeah that's why the developed countries were not fundamentally responsible for the poverty happening in developing countries. The issues to that are too diverse. 

Go to top