India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

The price of development...

seoulbeats Senior Member
seoulbeats
seoulbeats

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged
The developed world is fundamentally responsible for poverty in developing countries. What say?

Angel-likeDevil IF-Stunnerz
Angel-likeDevil
Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:55am | IP Logged
IDK so I cannot comment on whether it's the developed nations' fault... because, looking at Euro-zone crisis, we cannot really put a blame on th developed nations. However, would you please elucidate on the context, I dont quite understand...

Anyways, I would say that, every nation goes through some period of lows and hardships in the form of poverty, racism, etc. after which they will also come up.

It's just the matter of time, and other factors like population explosion, law and administration, rationality of the general mass.

People in general are veryyy complacent, TBH with you. Both the govt, the administration and the people. There is malfeasance in the administration at various forms, levels ..

So, it's not about what has been done to the nation in the past, it's about how it can rise and grow NOW.

*Dev.* IF-Stunnerz
*Dev.*
*Dev.*

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 6:55am | IP Logged
dont agreee

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dhara.ciara

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 21 September 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Every country has independence to develop itself, so it is not fair to say that developed countries are hindering our progress. Yes, at a high level, every economy ties together, but still we have room to develop. One's forwardness does not necessarily have to mean other's backwardness.

Dhara.ciara

Vintage.Wine Goldie
Vintage.Wine
Vintage.Wine

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by seoulbeats

The developed world is fundamentally responsible for poverty in developing countries. What say?

Soul Ouch
 You are responsible for making me scratch my head Ouch Sheesh! Here comes another lice that badgered me for long  LOL Thank you I'm Feeling better now ..Blushing

Well Soul ..actually ...The developed nations can't afford to to keep the people in the developing world pauper ...The reason is fairly simple ...Most developed markets have reached a saturation point ...The giant companies there ...That are the engines of their debt ridden economies ...They can't afford to keep printing more currency ...The interest rates too are near zero ...And the debt markets are on the verge of a collapse ...

So if they want their companies to sell their exy products ..they can only look forward to getting newer customers ..Wealthier the better ...So that they can slug em and sell em their products to support the hefty compensations they pay to their employees. ...

What happened to GM , Chrysler in 2008 is the proof of that ..What happened to Bear Sterns is the proof of that ...The governments there are despaired ...They can do more Quantitative easing ..or offer more rescue / austerity packages ...Their economies would dwindle ...Like it happened with Greece , Portugal and many other nations.. Even the US lost it's AAA rating ..France and Germany face the same risk ..

The chains like Walmart ..that are sprawling relentlessly across all geographies would like the people there to be wealthy...and able to have more disposable income ... The markets where the Growth is the possibility ..

So I believe Developed nations ain't responsible for such things...Having poor people with empty wallets is their worst nightmare ...

Hahaha ..Can't believe I'm on a debating spree ...Blame it all on that Carrot juice I had a while ago ... Moreish it was ...And the focaccias too... Yum Yum ... Big smile

CottonEyeJoe

Dhara.ciara Senior Member
Dhara.ciara
Dhara.ciara

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vintage.Wine

Originally posted by seoulbeats

Soul Ouch
 You are responsible for making me scratch my head Ouch Sheesh! Here comes another lice that badgered me for long  LOL Thank you I'm Feeling better now ..Blushing

Well Soul ..actually ...The developed nations can't afford to to keep the people in the developing world pauper ...The reason is fairly simple ...Most developed markets have reached a saturation point ...The giant companies there ...That are the engines of their debt ridden economies ...They can't afford to keep printing more currency ...The interest rates too are near zero ...And the debt markets are on the verge of a collapse ...

So if they want their companies to sell their exy products ..they can only look forward to getting newer customers ..Wealthier the better ...So that they can slug em and sell em their products to support the hefty compensations they pay to their employees. ...

What happened to GM , Chrysler in 2008 is the proof of that ..What happened to Bear Sterns is the proof of that ...The governments there are despaired ...They can do more Quantitative easing ..or offer more rescue / austerity packages ...Their economies would dwindle ...Like it happened with Greece , Portugal and many other nations.. Even the US lost it's AAA rating ..France and Germany face the same risk ..

The chains like Walmart ..that are sprawling relentlessly across all geographies would like the people there to be wealthy...and able to have more disposable income ... The markets where the Growth is the possibility ..

So I believe Developed nations ain't responsible for such things...Having poor people with empty wallets is their worst nightmare ...

Hahaha ..Can't believe I'm on a debating spree ...Blame it all on that Carrot juice I had a while ago ... Moreish it was ...And the focaccias too... Yum Yum ... Big smile

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Vintage.Wine

sarasingh86 IF-Rockerz
sarasingh86
sarasingh86

Posted: 23 September 2012 at 3:43pm | IP Logged

i disagree. Fate of the country  depends on literacy rate, system and political /economical policies
. Other countries might effect but cannot play such significant role unless they are tightly coupled in terms of  trades to great extent

Vintage.Wine

Vintage.Wine Goldie
Vintage.Wine
Vintage.Wine

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 6:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sarasingh86

i disagree. Fate of the country  depends on literacy rate, system and political /economical policies
. Other countries might effect but cannot play such significant role unless they are tightly coupled in terms of  trades to great extent

Sara Ouch

I ll agree with your disagreement with alacrity ...But it seems like everyone is agreeing with everyone else on everything a bit too much ...Too much agreement to sounds scary too.  LOL

Okay ...Looks like I have finally found something to disagree with. Your last statement :  unless they are tightly coupled in terms of  trades to great extent <<<   of course the economies around the world are coupled with each other. World is a global Economic village now ...A symphony composed with economic tunesof many nations together ... that every nation dances to ...If one tune is outta rhythm ...the whole symphony starts to sound strident LOL   

Yeah very tightly coupled they are Tongue Much like Me with my Bf / GF LOL 

The exception being the Nations whose economies rely solely upon the amount of weed they produce ...LOL  << Kidding here Tongue
 Haha Keep making such seriously cute posts Tongue I like em Big smile

Go to top