Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Crooner 1.32 : Strike when the "iron" is hot -UPDT (Page 15)

riti4u IF-Stunnerz
riti4u
riti4u

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Divya1503

Wanted to say this since a very long time, actually from the time a lot of negative posts started surfacing out there!!!! Had I not found this place, I would've been so lost!!! Ouch one day, I was so irritated coz of the amt of negativity out there, that I thought I'll take a break from all this madness Dead fortunately or unfortunately, my health helped me stay out, but I cudn't stay away from crooner, obvious reasons!!Big smile  Priya di, thanks alot for creating this place!!! N all the ppl I met here, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there for me all the time n keeping up with my craziness!!!!!Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

(sorry if that dint make any sense Monkey Emoticons)
HugHugHugHugHugHug
Believe me when I say , I understand...Embarrassed

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

writ_in_waterParshaarchanan14-Prashu-Divya1503indi52

nancynair Goldie
nancynair
nancynair

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:01am | IP Logged
Lovely Crooner Priya,wonderful takes Crooner buddies.

I have tried to stay away from the discussion for a couple of weeks as I again was failing to connect with the so important parallel track of Anjali Shyam in the show. I am still hooked, I still watch, but I felt I could only rant if I had to discuss.

I watch the show for recreation purpose and appreciate if it gives me a feel good factor at the end of the day as I need my daily dose of escapism.
So that makes me like Anjali right, so I should be able to sympathize with her, but I am unable to and that worries me, and I know there are a lot of viewers like me .

Adultery is a serious offence no doubt, but during the course of marriage thousands of women, faced with disruption of their marriage, turn a blind eye to it and compromise and live a lie as the alternative is worse in their minds.
So what Anjali is doing is not unreal at all. But still I cringe whenever I have to see her on screen. So why am I having this emotional reaction?

Is it because the real threat from Shyam is being so underplayed by one and all?
Even ASR? He understands and has experienced the threat to his life and Khushi's but he has always said, Di ko Dhoka!!
This dhoka many women live with and Anjali is one such woman. Period. You cannot get too much sympathy there. Dumbing her, giving her more than required screen space, not to mention less than competent acting has ruined what was once a lovely character for me.

The Raizada family on the other hand might not survive if their only support Arnav ,is taken away from them. ASR knows they won't still he has been shown to take this threat  lightly and has been concentrating only on Di ko dhoka.

A psychopath villain is getting away scot free, and a resourceful tycoon is battling manipulative women at home? (I love BS , am totally a phangirl when it comes to him, but I love the show too much to appreciate butchering of ASRs character.)

The much anticipated love track was given a shoddy treatment and suddenly I felt that the leads were fighting for screen space as after more than a year the PH wants our forced sympathy for Anji. The lovely moments of Arshi were not dwelled upon.I felt shortchanged.

This absolute love affair for Shyam I am unable to logically decipher at all.
Maybe I am swayed by PHs track record, It gives me the creeps when I look back at Geet which I had loved initially but studiously stayed away when it degenerated to mindlessness.
I feel they have misjudged Abhaas popularity and if suddenly he is being built up as an avenging angel from the past it will be a total Satyanash for me.

My post still is a rant, so maybe I need to cool off a little more, so sorry guys,if you have patiently read me.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

archanan14amisuvsoni.bsubiscs-Prashu-

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by arch_nat1112

Originally posted by indi52

wo shyam bhi ajeeb tha, yeh shyam aur bhi ajeeb hai ROFL 

ROFL
Hemant da and Kishore Kumar are turning in their graves! (God bless their creative genius souls!) And most importantly - poor, poor Gulzar! LOL

sorry to all three wonderful artists. esp gulzar. bong babe with ruining his fine language.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Parshaarchanan14soni.bjakhushisubiscsDivya1503Newbiesoapfan

writ_in_water Goldie
writ_in_water
writ_in_water

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:24am | IP Logged
what strikingly wonderful posts on crooner today!!!! ClapClapClap so many conflicting viewpoints and so well argued either ways! loving it more than ever here today.
@farha, loved, loved your take, esp on Anjali and Khushi.

@hd am sorry i dunno your name.. your posts have always touched me.. they are real and felt. please dont go...your thoughts matter!

am sorry, i read so many that i dont remember all the names but there is much gyaan out here today!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Anchal_MParshaarchanan14subiscsDivya1503Omoraboti

Parsha Goldie
Parsha
Parsha

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:25am | IP Logged
[/QUOTE]

parsha,

aiyo that awful dhaiya ho. thanks g it's toned down. of course, it is the writing. that is the main prob. but, you know when a writer accentuates a character, in this case shyam, it should be ideally for the sake of the story and done with an understanding of the actor who is portraying it. you may build many castles in the air but the brick, mortar and the fire at the hearth comes from the actor. and certainly you should not fall in love with an actor and unnecessarily beef up the character. writer has gone for both mistakes, neither is this direction and action of shyam good for the story nor is nor is abhaas such a fabulous actor that he can give it a certain something and make it all work. i daresay barun sobti just might have.

dear one, i mention those others mainly to illustrate my point that it takes a certain calibre to draw us away from our need for happy to a fascination for dark. that's all.  LOL got ur point..got it then  to!! 

personally, have never been a shyam fan. but as his role was defined initially, and the scope given to it, he was ok. trouble started with him becoming "boss." shyam never had anything in him to be any boss. poor man, can barely get his day job done. what was needed then possibly was a darker deeper truer enemy, who kidnapped asr for some reason, not just because barun was on 14/28/40/365 days' leave. an antagonist with mind and matter, beside motif. 

instead we got the new improved shyam, and all that is on. plus, the engineered miscarriage which was fairly gratuitous, there were several other ways of adding the "shock" thingie to the show.

writer sahib, this is asr, doesn't he deserve a more khandani opponent. 

wo shyam bhi ajeeb tha, yeh shyam aur bhi ajeeb hai ROFL [/QUOTE] 

Understood dii... fascination for dark  and heights to which they took it..also understand Abhash is not tht fine an actor and his calibre cannot carry the burden he is being trusted with...

but just few crooners back we were cribing about our antagonist not  being strong enough and he should be brought out and given more space in the story..!! 

and One day u wake up to realize tht SMJ can abduct Mighty..make him helpless.. keep him confined...and can command..order..execute..!! Till then he was a coward who would hide and strike on the back.(liked him better that way)

Earlier his character was kept toned down and subtle..its only now that story telling is being done from a different POV..or may be they are trying to establish him as a worthy opponent for the mighty.. (i have a soft corner for LM's way of story telling..the good old days)Confused

but showing him boss...dominant...powerfull ...Would it not be better if he was like that venomous scorpion hiding in dark..wicked..slimy coward opportunist  ...I don't know how to put it..if you have seen Mother India and remember Kanhaiya Laals "Radha Rani"..that kind of cheap wicked creep would have worked better...coz ASR cannot stoop down to his level ...tricky,shatir shyam we buy  but trying to potray him as an equal..clash of Titans  ...not working..and specially when our mighty is taking all his time to rise and shine!! I loved shyam yesterday and day before..he came out very determined..knew what he was doing..and story teller wanted us to believe that!!!

even if there is a past tht made him what he is..story telling has to mark and state the difference between hero and villain..glorification of villain as Priya puts it...why play with emosions of loyal viewers who are daekhing ur show coz unhae daekhna hai!!Shocked

I am not a Shyam fan myself(Ouch) but have nothing against him either...I like current track ..love twist and turns...drama and dhamaka...even when he says "Toh..wht are you trying to say khushi"..feel like hooting... LOL  only if they spare khushi and slow their speed ...KYON THAK RAHE HO..thoda tham jao...!! 

Another point i fail to understand --- in IPK team every one commands and demands... be it DB... AM ..AK..GH...but do they really not understand who is carrying it on his shoulders..and whats the motive behind keeping every one happy when viewers are not!!!

Ranting ...m I!!LOL

Edited by Parsha - 06 September 2012 at 3:01am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

archanan14jakhushi-Prashu-Divya1503indi52

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:29am | IP Logged
gandhari,
pointed arguments, neat writing, enjoyed your post. most of all the ref to the "shyam walk." that's the first thing i saw when i turned on the tv at midnight, and i just had to turn it off right away. can't take it. 
the reasons for getting to love ipk can be explained up to a point, but when emotions are involved some things can't be put into words or even clear thoughts. it's subliminal, it's an instinct. looks like it will be that same instinct again which will make one walk away from it. but i hold on valiantly, because when it was good it was so very very good.

everything you say, i nod nod nod in yea and agreement. the trp thoughts, how come no one notices the obvious. uff. ki jala.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kushikumariarchanan14subiscs

Sunshine80 IF-Rockerz
Sunshine80
Sunshine80

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

wo shyam bhi ajeeb tha, yeh shyam aur bhi ajeeb hai ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Parshaarchanan14indi52

-Anku- IF-Stunnerz
-Anku-
-Anku-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by honeypriya

awww Ankita HugHugHug my pleasure...thanksss a lot girl...

u have sm beautiful creations out there...was stalking CG and came across them ClapClap

Aww thanks so much Priya Hug glad to know you like them.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

archanan14-Prashu-

Go to top