Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Devon Ka Dev Mahadev Written Update For 5 September 2012 (Page 5)

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 5:48am | IP Logged
Kal

Looks like they put a humpback whale into this story.  But it flipped just like a dolphin.  Oh well, it could have been worse - they could have shown a hammerhead shark Wacko

Also, where exactly was this story reputed to have happened?  I too thought that the language used by the fishermen was too refined for them - even for that era.  Of course, we have no idea of what they spoke, but to do a modern rendering, what they could have done is to mix it w/ some verbiage from whatever the local language is.  Like if this story was based in TN, they could have thrown in some Tamil words here & there, and run it.  And I agree - Matsyaa was a great opportunity for Sonarika to be herself and speak simple Hindi (although I guess using Urdu or English words would be a definite no-no).

I too was disappointed that Rishi Pitambar went unpunished.  As I pointed out, they could have had the Aghori tell them to throw the stones, and it would have hit the real culprit.  That way, either Rishi Pitambar would have been forced to confess, or he could have been merrily stoned Evil Smile

Originally posted by Kal El

LOL @ the dolphin comments LOL

I think it's supposed to be a whale (the other version of the story that I posted had Skanda becoming a whale; here it seems they turned Nandi into one).

This is what they showed:

And here are some pics of whales:

Blue Whale

Humpback Whale

I am enjoying the story despite the weird pacing.  Mahadev's look as the Fisherman is pretty nice except I think they made the turban a bit too different from that other other fishermen. I know he is Mahadev so he must standout but the difference here was a bit too jarring. Also I am tired of the same old wig. But my greatest disappointment was his personality and dialogue delivery which were exactly the same as his regular portrayal of Mahadev. Look at how he played Jata for example. There was a noticeable difference between him and Mahadev. Or the Aghori avatar. But here there was zero difference between Mahadev and the Fisherman. I expected to them give the Fisherman his own unique personality.  Forget that, they didn't even bother giving him a name! Stern Smile Silly

A bit of a nitpick here but I think they should have put more effort in giving the people of the fishing village their own diction. It seems very odd that everyone on the show, whether a royal or a commoner, a fisherman, etc speaks in almost exactly the same way. In particular Matsya: this was a good opportunity for Sonarika to play a village woman with her own quirks, style of speaking and all. But she is not much different from the regular Parvati. Oh well.

BTW, why didn't they have Mahadev expose Rishi Pitambar? He just vanished into thin air. Confused

Edited by .Vrish. - 06 September 2012 at 5:54am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhi

Go to top