India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Dont Glorify Weakness and Villany!!

jules IF-Rockerz
jules
jules

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged
It is sad but true... weaklings like Anjali who are brought up to first be dependent on their fathers and brothers and then move on depend on their husbands and sons do exist. We may criticism them.. we may get exasperated by them but the fact is we can do away with them... Its just the way they are brought up!!
Peopl may dislike Anjali for being the speed breaker in the romantic moments.. for bring the shower (of tears) without a rain check.. for being clingy and whinny... but she is a potral of many around us.

Such women many a times find themselves trapped in bad marriage just because they don't have the guts to get out of it or because they turn a blind eye and choose to live in a pretense world of their where all is 'well'!!

And Shyam is the perfect manipulator... how brilliantly he sowed the seeds of what he wants Anjali to do without her even realizing it. The idea of her stopping to eat and take her medicines thereby forcing her family to get him back for her sake  was all his... but the way he put it across.. Anjali felt like it was a thought that occurred to her.. like she suggested it!! Now thats a master manipulator. These people can twist reality, turn the facts to suit them and make you look at things from the exact angel they want and to top it he is a lawyer!!! Lethal combo...

So I accept that the world is full of people like these two.. but what I am not ok with is glorifying such personalities!!

Anjali seems to move from weakness to weakness and Arnav's over protectiveness is just making her more dependent. If you really look at it.. he is the reason she is soo clingy!
Movies and media impact people's lives a lot and we have enough proof of crazy things people get up to because they watched something. A lot of women (it make shock you) take inspiration from shows too... so while we may dislike Anjali there are many who empathise and defend her.
So I wish her weakness is not what is glorified and the writers dont make her a dumb wit.. and moving on they ensure she rises from the ashes like a phoenix and take control and move from strength to strength without her chotey!!!!

As for Shyam.. yes we know the writers love him and will not do away with him.. but when Lillian starts making the hero look dumb the story is looses the punch!!! You know when shyam was fun??? When he would plot and plan but that only make Arnav and Khushi come closers. Yes he hurt her dad but that too turned out to be a turning point! Now he just seems to manipulate and plot and hurt and everyone else looks dumb.

For the writers - you love him so much.. you can still keep him around after his true face is revealed. He can go harassing Khushi even if he is not in RM.. threaten and attempt to kill... the likes of it!!
But Anjali needs to know... dont glorify weakness and villainy!!

And just a question - how is Shyam sneaking into the house when everyone is around and Anjali didn't even inquire???

Edited by jules - 05 September 2012 at 10:28pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zeefan 1ipkknd_hazel

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top