Posted: 06 September 2012 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by fuzzyface
Eevryone is arguing abt Anadi feeling Jughead's presence, it very simple, Anandi is Padme and Jughead is Anakin, so she feels the dark side.
May the force be with the Jedi Shiv to overcome Jughead the Sith.
Coming to episode, Jughead *shakeshead* never learns, what a loser!
I thought this was a great epi. Watched the first telecast and the repeat
Some comments from my side:
1. I really did not understand why Jagya had to lie about the sagai thing
My first thought was that he was trying to garner sympathy through some weird "You're getting her engaged and you didn't even bother to tell me!
" ploy. But then he claimed it was because he didn't want to hurt them
Ummm, I think they were more hurt by your pointless dishonesty marring your claims to repentance? Anyway, I just thought that bit was weird.
2. The scene between Gehna and Dadisa really made me happy
Loved the way DS admitted how Shiv had made her realise the importance of trusting her daughters and daughters-in-law. It just brought such a smile to my face. Gehna was so taken aback being suddenly asked for her opinion like that
And Surekha ji was simply fabulous
Overally, it was a nice, happy, light-hearted scene
Reminded me of those episodes where Anandi was running that school for women... I loved those episodes, 'cause they were just so happy and always made me smile
3. I love how they make the characters in BV 3-dimensional. In a lot of serials, everyone in the family will have the same sort of reaction to an antagonist or grey character. Whereas here Bhairon reacted to Jagya with hatred and Dadisa with quiet disappointment. I dunno why, but I felt that that added to the scene... that they weren't all instantly and universally just like, "Get the heck out!".
4. Call me a softie, but I actually felt sorry for Jagya
He looked so pitiful! I had tears in my eyes when he walked past the line of the 4 family members outside the haveli. Kudos to Shashank, king of facial expressions
Back to Jagya... I think we've reached a stage where it's difficult to tell morally if he deserves more punishment than this or not. I reckon the Singhs could have heard him out and given him one shot at redemption. Then again, he didn't start things off too well by lying to them about the sagai, and they have Anandi to consider (not wanting Jags anywhere near her), and I also feel that them forgiving him yesterday would have somehow been too easy on him. So I'm really in two minds about this whole issue. Overall, I think he needed this to show him that his family members, particularly Dadisa, aren't the same people he once knew. I hope seeing the difference between the Dadisa he dreamed about and the Dadisa he actually met is an eye-opener to him... though it seems like it won't be given that he's walking along grumbling that no-one listened to him and shamelessly looking for Anandi to help him (despite earlier telling his family that he didn't want to come in the way of her khushi and that that's why he'd left the engagement without showing himself... clearly now her khushi is not a priority to him
). Anyway, FANTASTIC acting from Shashank, Surekha ji and Anup Soni. Kya baat... kya baat... kya baat!!!
5. YAY for Anandi a) not being around for the Jughead drama, and b) making halwa for her in-laws of her own accord!!! (though my mum and I were both like, "Will that small container be enough for them all?"
). Really looking forward to tomorrow's lunch. Cannot wait for the AnSh scenes... Shiv's smiles in the promo are truly adorable. Hayeee
6. LOVED the precap, with Jags about to run towards Anandi and then seeing Shiv and stopping like he's been hit in the face. That was such a priceless expression
Again, Shanky is amazing