Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

OMG Are you proud? (Page 5)

Tinkerbell5 IF-Dazzler
Tinkerbell5
Tinkerbell5

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -happilyunknown

Beautiful post dear! And i love the quote because it is 100% true. Kudos for this post! :)

Thanks LOL

1yyy2krish3 IF-Rockerz
1yyy2krish3
1yyy2krish3

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tinkerbell5BornThisWay

Tinkerbell5 IF-Dazzler
Tinkerbell5
Tinkerbell5

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by 1yyy2krish3

Clap

Thanks Big smile
-Sunset- IF-Rockerz
-Sunset-
-Sunset-

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by uktamil

Originally posted by -Sunset-

Let me first by saying this post has nothing to do with Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?. I have had many comments and private messages praising my signature and for me to create a separate post explaining what I meant and why I wrote it.

For those of you who haven't seen my signature can just scroll down or if you are lazy here it is: A True Indian isn't the one who wears a flag on the 15th August, but the one who picks up a discarded flag off the street on the 16th!

Before going further I have to say that I didn't create this quote - my dad did. He was born and bought up in India but emigrated to England decades ago. He used to tell us that every time we celebrate our independence on the 15th August most people think that this is it - one day's of celebration shows our patriotism and back to work the next day. He will get really upset over the fact that the next day the Indian flags will lie on the road and will be trampled on by some Indians.

That is why my dad will always drum it into us that "A True Indian isn't the one who wears a flag on the 15th August, but the one who picks up a discarded flag off the street on the 16th" and that we cannot call ourselves true Indians with just celebrating our independence and not take care of the country the rest of the year. That we should start by being patriotic ourselves before asking fellow Indians to do the same - that if we cannot join the Army, Police forces etc than at least we should give them the proper respect and applaud them for saving our country.

If I have hurt anyone with this post I am truly sorry but I only wrote it as people asked me to. If you have any incidents that made you proud to be an Indian than you are welcome to comment.

One quote always strikes in my mind:
" The problem with most people is that they sit at home wishing for something to happen, instead of doing something about it."

Most Indians complain about the roads not being clean blah blah... But what do they really do? They throw the trash on the road, spit on the road, etc. While travelling in train, the trash can is the window. 

I've always believed that instead of blaming the government ( though they don't do anything), people can change themselves in such small aspects. I always look for a trash can. In a train keep all my trash ( Lays chips pack etc in a plastic bag ) and throw it out in a garbage can. 

I used to think that illiterates often throw the trash and spit coz they are not educated properly. But when I found my own friend throwing a biscuit cover inside the college campus when a trash can was just 2 feet away, I was pissed off.  I kind of lost my cool and shouted at her ( I'm usually very calm at college though I'm short tempered (at home :P)... )

I'm glad to know that even if your dad is in UK he is much more patriotic than most of the Indians. 

There are still many people who are patriotic and do so much for our nation but they are not even recognized. Be it an Independence day celebration or a Republic day celebration, the tv shows are about cinema stars ... and just one Gandhi movie or a  Bharathiyar movie. No awakening about a social worker who is out there helping people in the streets... 

I usually google to find out such people and follow them in twitter or read about them ... I'm inspired by them and wish to work like them when I'm a bit established in my career ... I'm still dependent on my parents for a living.. When I'm on my own foot, I hope I'll be able to pursue this dream... 

I know I'm ranting a lot ... but I guess it is my wounded soul reaching out to a person who may understand me... 

P.S. I did not mean to offend any of my fellow Indians here... Let's join hands and work on small aspects that can improve our nation... 

Jai Hind!!!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment - you are right that we think similar and I am glad that you made sure your friend changed. Things like this is what makes India and not celebrities.

And I am glad that you plan to help make India better later in your life Clap
The point is that I don't know if my friend has changed... I mean she might be doing the same thing behind my back! It's hard to change a person's mentality... They have to realize on their own... Patriotism should come from within... 
Tinkerbell5 IF-Dazzler
Tinkerbell5
Tinkerbell5

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 2:11am | IP Logged

Let me first by saying this post has nothing to do with Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?. I have had many comments and private messages praising my signature and for me to create a separate post explaining what I meant and why I wrote it.

For those of you who haven't seen my signature can just scroll down or if you are lazy here it is: A True Indian isn't the one who wears a flag on the 15th August, but the one who picks up a discarded flag off the street on the 16th!

Before going further I have to say that I didn't create this quote - my dad did. He was born and bought up in India but emigrated to England decades ago. He used to tell us that every time we celebrate our independence on the 15th August most people think that this is it - one day's of celebration shows our patriotism and back to work the next day. He will get really upset over the fact that the next day the Indian flags will lie on the road and will be trampled on by some Indians.

That is why my dad will always drum it into us that "A True Indian isn't the one who wears a flag on the 15th August, but the one who picks up a discarded flag off the street on the 16th" and that we cannot call ourselves true Indians with just celebrating our independence and not take care of the country the rest of the year. That we should start by being patriotic ourselves before asking fellow Indians to do the same - that if we cannot join the Army, Police forces etc than at least we should give them the proper respect and applaud them for saving our country.

If I have hurt anyone with this post I am truly sorry but I only wrote it as people asked me to. If you have any incidents that made you proud to be an Indian than you are welcome to comment.

One quote always strikes in my mind:
" The problem with most people is that they sit at home wishing for something to happen, instead of doing something about it."

Most Indians complain about the roads not being clean blah blah... But what do they really do? They throw the trash on the road, spit on the road, etc. While travelling in train, the trash can is the window. 

I've always believed that instead of blaming the government ( though they don't do anything), people can change themselves in such small aspects. I always look for a trash can. In a train keep all my trash ( Lays chips pack etc in a plastic bag ) and throw it out in a garbage can. 

I used to think that illiterates often throw the trash and spit coz they are not educated properly. But when I found my own friend throwing a biscuit cover inside the college campus when a trash can was just 2 feet away, I was pissed off.  I kind of lost my cool and shouted at her ( I'm usually very calm at college though I'm short tempered (at home :P)... )

I'm glad to know that even if your dad is in UK he is much more patriotic than most of the Indians. 

There are still many people who are patriotic and do so much for our nation but they are not even recognized. Be it an Independence day celebration or a Republic day celebration, the tv shows are about cinema stars ... and just one Gandhi movie or a  Bharathiyar movie. No awakening about a social worker who is out there helping people in the streets... 

I usually google to find out such people and follow them in twitter or read about them ... I'm inspired by them and wish to work like them when I'm a bit established in my career ... I'm still dependent on my parents for a living.. When I'm on my own foot, I hope I'll be able to pursue this dream... 

I know I'm ranting a lot ... but I guess it is my wounded soul reaching out to a person who may understand me... 

P.S. I did not mean to offend any of my fellow Indians here... Let's join hands and work on small aspects that can improve our nation... 

Jai Hind!!!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment - you are right that we think similar and I am glad that you made sure your friend changed. Things like this is what makes India and not celebrities.

And I am glad that you plan to help make India better later in your life Clap
The point is that I don't know if my friend has changed... I mean she might be doing the same thing behind my back! It's hard to change a person's mentality... They have to realize on their own... Patriotism should come from within... 

I agree that patriotism should come from within but we can also give it a helping hand byt showing how much damage the individual is doing to India. It's a long campaign but our parents started and it is our duty to see it through.
Tinkerbell5 IF-Dazzler
Tinkerbell5
Tinkerbell5

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by samona24

THANKS, UKT AND YES, NOWADAYS ALL INDIANS ARE MORE AWARE OF THE FLAG AND ITS VALUE, I HAVE NOT SEEN A SINGLE FLAG ON THE ROADS TOO!

SALUTE YOUR DAD FOR BEING INDIAN IN THE TRUE SENSE, AND FOR RAISING HIS CHILDREN THE SAME WAY!

I READ YOUR SIGNATURE EVERY TIME I OPEN YOUR POST!  AND LOVE IT EVERY TIME TOO!

Thanks Samona
Tinkerbell5 IF-Dazzler
Tinkerbell5
Tinkerbell5

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 4:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by s1ma

I had no idea of the chain of emails and PMs but I assure you that if I had come across your sigi on my own, I would have personally PMed you to tell you that you my friend must be a true patriot!!  

And I salute your dad for pointing it out that patriotism is not something to be displayed on that one day but it is to be shown through our actions everyday after and before that.  Hats off to both of you.  

Also, personally I dont think you should be apologetic about anything at all.  Too many people do the wrong things day in and day out without apologizing and there is absolutely NO reason why people who do good and believe in good should apologize for what they do.  Live long, live strong!  Jai Hind!Thumbs Up

Thanks for the wonderful commentHug
honey_me19 Groupbie
honey_me19
honey_me19

Posted: 06 September 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Awesome post...Clap...every proud indian shud do dis n m proud of u 2...even i so luv dat signature...unity is dignity...jai hind..Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tinkerbell5

Go to top