Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by -Sunset-

One quote always strikes in my mind:
" The problem with most people is that they sit at home wishing for something to happen, instead of doing something about it."

Most Indians complain about the roads not being clean blah blah... But what do they really do? They throw the trash on the road, spit on the road, etc. While travelling in train, the trash can is the window. 

I've always believed that instead of blaming the government ( though they don't do anything), people can change themselves in such small aspects. I always look for a trash can. In a train keep all my trash ( Lays chips pack etc in a plastic bag ) and throw it out in a garbage can. 

I used to think that illiterates often throw the trash and spit coz they are not educated properly. But when I found my own friend throwing a biscuit cover inside the college campus when a trash can was just 2 feet away, I was pissed off.  I kind of lost my cool and shouted at her ( I'm usually very calm at college though I'm short tempered (at home :P)... )

I'm glad to know that even if your dad is in UK he is much more patriotic than most of the Indians. 

There are still many people who are patriotic and do so much for our nation but they are not even recognized. Be it an Independence day celebration or a Republic day celebration, the tv shows are about cinema stars ... and just one Gandhi movie or a  Bharathiyar movie. No awakening about a social worker who is out there helping people in the streets... 

I usually google to find out such people and follow them in twitter or read about them ... I'm inspired by them and wish to work like them when I'm a bit established in my career ... I'm still dependent on my parents for a living.. When I'm on my own foot, I hope I'll be able to pursue this dream... 

I know I'm ranting a lot ... but I guess it is my wounded soul reaching out to a person who may understand me... 

P.S. I did not mean to offend any of my fellow Indians here... Let's join hands and work on small aspects that can improve our nation... 

Jai Hind!!!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment - you are right that we think similar and I am glad that you made sure your friend changed. Things like this is what makes India and not celebrities.

And I am glad that you plan to help make India better later in your life ๐Ÿ‘
Beautiful post dear! And i love the quote because it is 100% true. Kudos for this post! :)
Originally posted by arnavocean6

Wow you dad is correct. Yes my dad was born before independence and for those who were in that period truly know what is the meaning of this word and it is not a one day affair. It is a massive task to have so many cultural background come together as a countr & India does. I am proud to be one. Yes a very valid signature.. keep it up๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks and it is true - those who lived during the independence war truly knows what it is about.
Originally posted by priya_86

Your signature is truly awesome, explains so much about your nature and family values๐Ÿ‘

Thanks๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by VasantiLad

Can I say please that I cried when I read your post - I think that is one of the nicest things that i have read on a signature. When you referred to your dad it got my waterworks going - how profound. It makes me think of my dad as well - thanks so much xx

Thanks

Your dad must be a very good man since you cry by just thinking of him.
Wow awesome post dear... Agree with u
Am very proud to be indian...
Originally posted by mamatha240

An eye opener post...    im proud be INDIAN..

Thanks๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Originally posted by FBANU

<font color="#669900" size="7" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">I am INDIAN...Proud to be an INDIAN...</font>

๐Ÿ‘
Originally posted by -happilyunknown

Beautiful post dear! And i love the quote because it is 100% true. Kudos for this post! :)

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by 1yyy2krish3

๐Ÿ‘

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ