India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

OMG Are you proud?

Tinkerbell5 IF-Dazzler
Tinkerbell5
Tinkerbell5

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 4:48am | IP Logged
Let me first by saying this post has nothing to do with Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?. I have had many comments and private messages praising my signature and for me to create a separate post explaining what I meant and why I wrote it.

For those of you who haven't seen my signature can just scroll down or if you are lazy here it is: A True Indian isn't the one who wears a flag on the 15th August, but the one who picks up a discarded flag off the street on the 16th!

Before going further I have to say that I didn't create this quote - my dad did. He was born and bought up in India but emigrated to England decades ago. He used to tell us that every time we celebrate our independence on the 15th August most people think that this is it - one day's of celebration shows our patriotism and back to work the next day. He will get really upset over the fact that the next day the Indian flags will lie on the road and will be trampled on by some Indians.

That is why my dad will always drum it into us that "A True Indian isn't the one who wears a flag on the 15th August, but the one who picks up a discarded flag off the street on the 16th" and that we cannot call ourselves true Indians with just celebrating our independence and not take care of the country the rest of the year. That we should start by being patriotic ourselves before asking fellow Indians to do the same - that if we cannot join the Army, Police forces etc than at least we should give them the proper respect and applaud them for saving our country.

If I have hurt anyone with this post I am truly sorry but I only wrote it as people asked me to. If you have any incidents that made you proud to be an Indian than you are welcome to comment.

Edited by uktamil - 05 September 2012 at 7:25am

The following 75 member(s) liked the above post:

pervinnNik28sangeeta23081121011998sayu123skreyaomlgrshoney_me19samona24SS24srach57Inderpreetghillsipi2011ashwathiMAGSTERMountainbreeze7BlueSpiritshree99LIONHEARTakanksha_apayel3004Archana89Ace11heidikitty789FBANULoveYouChutki..srija.singh04arnavocean6priyankaalifeztufFawadiliciousinajnarPiscineMolitorroldcmtina0207teletubbyhoopoe-_-harsh42sweet-fairymelfnsNishitaraoPrInCeSs_dIVashilparoxxBornToShipArShisonaparimayukattaShegarf71Preets19CetroniaHorizongmskMini17--Yashi--lolly143gatheringstormbepatientsrijaaa127arshi_karish-Sunset-dushturaindivvkHaRul-loversikhni_1yyy2krish3BerryBlush07ragvir.fan.ProperPatolapieryrose...Tanu...tvbuftvpal007Sue101BornThisWay

BornThisWay IF-Stunnerz
BornThisWay
BornThisWay

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Well the things which you wrote are quite true, but fortunately I have never seen a single flag lying on the streets after 15th August. 

Even I have thought about this a lot of time that why do we show our patriotism only on the 15th & after that we go back to our respective works? I haven't got my answer yet.

I must say your Dad is really awesome & a true Indian in every sense.

Thanks for making this post & explaining your signature.

Edited by BornThisWay - 05 September 2012 at 4:57am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sangeeta230811LIONHEARTpriyankaaipkkndfanforevaTinkerbell5teletubby-Saba-lolly143pieryrose

lolly143 IF-Rockerz
lolly143
lolly143

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 4:51am | IP Logged
wow...what a post shreya!...beautiful Clap
eventhough i'm not an indian ...i should say i love india, and when i say that i really mean it Heart
well...ipkknd has made me  almost indian and i love that fact. just one more thing...i love the fact that people from different contries who speak different languages gather here. no barriers ,no racial problems we r one big family...all r indians Big smile
jai hind!

Edited by lolly143 - 05 September 2012 at 5:16am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

sangeeta230811sayu123zeefan 1LIONHEARTTinkerbell5--Yashi--Mini17bepatient

rockingcouple IF-Dazzler
rockingcouple
rockingcouple

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Awesome post..and must say..whenever i read your post..i definitely read your signature and that too everytime..without reading i dont end my post...love itSmile

Edited by rockingcouple - 05 September 2012 at 5:33am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tinkerbell5

Preets19 IF-Dazzler
Preets19
Preets19

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Even i had observed many times..Smile Hats off to the Patirotism..Clap 

Tinkerbell5

naddiya26 IF-Sizzlerz
naddiya26
naddiya26

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged
dear flag is pride for everyone , danda wali baji  as in my neighborhood kids know on 15 August i will ask the to take it off  ,you know i really love when the listen to  me and say we have taken it off

i am from Pakistan so i ask them to take it off on 15 , and every year they have to listen a lecture from me 

Edited by naddiya26 - 05 September 2012 at 12:46pm

Tinkerbell5

Tinkerbell5 IF-Dazzler
Tinkerbell5
Tinkerbell5

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BornThisWay

Well the things which you wrote are quite true, but fortunately I have never seen a single flag lying on the streets after 15th August. 

Even I have thought about this a lot of time that why do we show our patriotism only on the 15th & after that we go back to our respective works? I haven't got my answer yet.

I must say your Dad is really awesome & a true Indian in every sense.

Thanks for making this post & explaining your signature.

Thanks Megha - this just shows that these days people are really fighting to make sure our country doesnt hang it's head in shame.

Atleast you are aking yourself that question - first step and than you will soon find an answer.

Will let my dad know you said that - I am proud to be an Indian and proud that my parents are true Indians in every sense.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

LIONHEARTlolly143--Yashi--...Tanu...BornThisWay

ashwathi Senior Member
ashwathi
ashwathi

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:40am | IP Logged
Awesome postClap

Tinkerbell5

Go to top