Page 1 of 1

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:41am | IP Logged

Tales of fading friendship and unbridled laughter,

For all those bitter smiles and dried tears,

For choked voices and unsaid words,

And for everything we thought would be but couldn't be.

We were little girls sitting on the roof of your house. I would sit with my two ponies bound in pink ribbon and my princess like red bellies dangling from my legs. Your mother would oil your hair and plait them with love-in-Tokyo schruncies. Do you know I always wanted those rubber-bands which seemed more like bracelets? I remember the time we stole your mother's colourful bangles they were so pretty weren't they? I matched the pink, white and blue ones to wear. But you snatched them from me because they matched your pretty Barbie dress. It wasn't fair, you know?  I was so happy when they slid down your wrist and fell on the floor, scattering and making that tingling sound which now reminds of our unbridled laughter. We were two girls with too many tales to tell and little time for each other each after noon. Weren't we supposed to be friends?

It was a sunny day and we were playing on the tyre taking chances to swing around. Do you know I love the feel of sand in between my toes and beneath feet? I felt the drizzle on my nose just a little drop. You had thought someone was pouring water from the balcony above. But you were wrong it was drizzling. I remember shouting in unison with delight, 'Rainbow.'

We were in my balcony and you had dragged your Tina doll along from home and I was setting rannabatti kitchen set so that I could cook atta ka halwa for your hungry baby.  You had Mumma's blue-green, sundar wala duppatta draped around her so that she looks pretty and doesn't catch cold from the chilly breeze.

It was one of those lunch breaks when we loafing on school grounds picking up something to eat from someone's tiffin and then telling them we too would treat them another day. I remember singing some insane song and going retro on the fete day. Remember, "badan pe sitaare lapete hue" and the cricket matches and sixers.

I remember the spilt gravy of momo chilly at Triptiz while we dug in the bowl on the cold winter night. I would pester you to bring your I-pod along just so I could transfer the latest Twilight videos to PC and you would call it a 'dabba' every time you visited. It was your birthday, wasn't it? When we almost burnt your mom's kitchen trying to cook wai-wai. Whatever it was I remember gulping down even the last bit of over-boiled, mashed noodles with too much soup water and haphazard green chillies.

Weren't we supposed to be friends remembering each other and caring when nobody else did? It is in moments like these when I lose my composure because I don't whether I should laugh or cry. Was it because I shouted too often upon you? You know, you could have told me to shut up. I thought it was within your rights. Or was it because I wanted to be friends with everyone? I thought, you knew I shall always care for you more.

Do you remember the testimonial you wrote to me on Orkut? The account's deleted and gone but it's still there, you know, saved and properly kept aside on my hard disk. It was because you had pestered me that I bought that hard disk. You didn't want me to lose all those movies and songs I have. You didn't trust my dabba enough, did you?

We always talked of girls growing apart but did we know we would grow apart too? I thought we had in ourselves enough to care. It didn't hurt that I lost the competition. It hurt that you hadn't wished me best of luck. It didn't hurt that you did not wish me 'Happy Birthday.' It hurt that you didn't remember. It was terrible when I thought that a text would suffice to wish you a happy eighteenth. Weren't we supposed to be there for each other for everything? I miss our aloodum and fanta and I miss you.

Friendship has given way to bitterness. The memories now are uncertain and the drift seems so vain.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

LoveToLaugh-De.De-Ameres5secsofsummer.ChaiBiskootLeve

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "In Vain" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ChaiBiskoot

IF-Sizzlerz

ChaiBiskoot

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 9:09am | IP Logged
i have no words dear to say nythin..

the excerpt is so touching .. u came up with a beautiful story.. said in three paras.. it took me to a new world..

some endings r sad.. but .. yeah.. that's life .. !

loved it !

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dee-5secsofsummer.

5secsofsummer.

IF-Sizzlerz

5secsofsummer.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Oh my God! At first I thought it was some kind of story, but then the Orkut bit shook me back to reality! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

So Neha (Purple_Lady) gave me this link, and truly, it rendered me speechless. I don't have words, and I'm literally struggling to move my fingers to type out this reply!
This was one piece I'll remember for the rest of my life.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dee-ChaiBiskoot

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:20am | IP Logged
^^ Thanks for the wonderful comment guys Smile And if you'd like please check out my blog and comment..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ChaiBiskoot

ChaiBiskoot

IF-Sizzlerz

ChaiBiskoot

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Dee-

^^ Thanks for the wonderful comment guys Smile And if you'd like please check out my blog and comment..

i dont have an acc on wordpress .. so will make it a point to comment in ur SB!

gave a look to the blog .. amazing!

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 11:35am | IP Logged
You don't need an account.. Just comment and put in your name..you don't even need an e-mail idSmile

ChaiBiskoot

LoveToLaugh

LoveToLaugh

BollyCurry Production Intern

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
This was beautiful. So very beautiful. I LOVED how you wrote about all those memories. How true is it that when everything changes, the only thing we hold on to are the memories. That's how it often is, isn't it? We watch friendships drift apart in front of our eyes and can still do nothing about it.

You have this very RARE gift of writing about simple, little moments in a way so...ethereal really, that readers like me fall short of words.

Thank you for this amazing read. Keep writing.

Edited by LoveToLaugh - 08 September 2012 at 12:04pm

-Dee-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.