Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Women are unprofessional? (Page 2)

Poll Question: Are women incapable of a professional demeanor under duress?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [4.55%]
18 [81.82%]
2 [9.09%]
1 [4.55%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

aekiel Goldie
aekiel
aekiel

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Most of the posters out here are women, and I'm happy to see that they aren't turning their backs on their own gender Wink

Reverse the situation ( not unlike Gauri and Jagat in BV), and you'd find that the male would probably respond the same way as Nidhi did, if not worse.

But I don't think many here have worked in a scenario where personal and professional interests mix, especially early in their careers.  Easy to say, difficult to do Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 3:26am | IP Logged
While I do agree that men can be just as unprofessional, the fact remains that these allegations are more often leveled against women than men...

Men are socially conditioned against public display of emotion. There can be exceptions to this rule.

But men generally do not wear their emotions on their sleeve. Looking at a man, you would not know that he has a problem at home. This is because they are intrinsically capable of compartmentalization. Women find it a little more difficult.

The other issue is of course hormonal. Since, women have cyclical hormonal changes, their emotions and mood swings are often linked to their cycles. How many times have we heard a woman's emotional  behaviour being mockingly attributed to PMS...I have known enough men who share a laugh over it at the work place...

So, I guess we are required to fight both against social conditioning and our own hormonal changes...but women are increasingly doing it...I find the present generation of women far more capable of it and even excelling at it as compared to men...reason why Nidhi's behaviour surprises me...!

Edited by Sujatha.rao - 05 September 2012 at 3:25am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aekiel

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 3:26am | IP Logged
No ...
Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aekiel

Most of the posters out here are women, and I'm happy to see that they aren't turning their backs on their own gender Wink

Reverse the situation ( not unlike Gauri and Jagat in BV), and you'd find that the male would probably respond the same way as Nidhi did, if not worse.

But I don't think many here have worked in a scenario where personal and professional interests mix, especially early in their careers.  Easy to say, difficult to do Smile

While standing up for our gender is a great thing, accepting limitations and working to overcome them makes it even better...

And yes, it is easy to say...and difficult to do...and as a woman, I believe therein lies the challenge...be up for it!
Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Just in case people think I am being extra hard on my gender, I have a small story to share

My friend is an actor...she was a at an outdoor shoot when she started bleeding profusely...she thought is to be a heavy period...but when she had to go to the hospital a day later, she discovered she was miscarrying...she had not even known she was pregnant...but if she had left that shoot, the entire schedule would have collapsed...she was adviced a D and C but the facilities were not good where she was...so she gritted her teeth and bore up for the next week before returning home and admitting herself in the hospital...

This is the degree of professionalism that a woman is capable of...I don't know how many men can rival this!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sharma.shivanijayanti_djttrocks

nandinidavid96 IF-Sizzlerz
nandinidavid96
nandinidavid96

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Gender has nothing to do with professional behaviour and to me women are more professional and handle toughest situations with more ease than men. I defer, more than socialization or hormonal changes, attitude, dedication and understanding of the professional ethics will help the person to conduct him/herself and in the early days of career we do commit mistakes; but mistake is different from professional decorum...an MBBS intern who is not a full doctor arguing with Chief or saying this is not my last operation is beyond my imagination

Mallika was portrayed as true professional during the earlier episodes; when ashutosh was brought from village after the accident, nidhi was ordering the staff to make the OT, scan etc ready, but mallika took him to causality for preliminary examination which is the the actual process. 

Nidhi, is an exceptional case as i cannot identify with her madness at KGH, whatever the reasons might be. Blame KPji, for giving her half brain and 2/3rd heart. KPji needs lessons on professional etiquette, hospital management, hierarchy and day to day functioning of OP & IP  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sharma.shivanittrocks

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
NO.
Women are equally or at times more professional than Men. Sometimes, to let them down, Men themselves stereotype the Women to be unprofessional -- their inflated male ego... Angry
Roza_DU IF-Dazzler
Roza_DU
Roza_DU

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:18am | IP Logged
No, it varies actually person to person irrespective of gender...

Go to top