Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR this week: Should we hold our horses? (Page 3)

aasmaan Senior Member
aasmaan
aasmaan

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged
I want to see how Manav will accept this wedding .They all know Arjun does not love Ovi and this is all  done by Ovi.

I have not seen the serial,did Arjun tell them that Purvi did this because of Ovi condition ?

vgiri Senior Member
vgiri
vgiri

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:53am | IP Logged

I wrote a long emotional post and my computer blue screened..I should thank my computer..

In just a day, they have drained all my feelings & energy..Gosh.. CryCryCry
feel so bad for Purvi & Arjun..Not able to blame either one of them. But Purvi could have stopped the marriage and stayed away from Arjun instead making him a scapegoat.

How did all ARMAN fans and PR veterans handle this kind of  situation for 3 years..
Shyamala.. Dont know how you did it..

I need to watch some 10 episodes of  Big Bang Theory or Cosby show or Monk (non-stop)  to stabilize myself.

I sincerely hope that i can stay away from PR & IF for sometime..

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

dolce123abhimgadittyAxiomjdronamrajuAshlaikapallavi25

dolce123 Senior Member
dolce123
dolce123

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
I feel the same way...emotionally drained. I hope that  Maanav and Archana look at themselves and realize the big role that they have played in so many lives being ruined...especially Archana with all the secrets that she is keeping.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ashlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
No, for she knows that that will set him completely against Ovi, and she wants him to be a good husband to Ovi, you see!

She merely hounds him relentlessly, demanding,  without any sense of shame, this price for her happiness (thru that of her parivaar), and for her so-called love, even when she is going to snatch it from him for keeps!

It is not enough that she keeps him dangling till the very end, that she breaks every promise she has made to him, that she makes  a mockery of what she calls her great love for him. She must go further and deliver him,  bound hand and foot by his obsession with her, to an awful fate for the rest of his life.

As I noted to ramki, I think Arjun agreed in the end to her demand because he was sick to death of her haranguing him, and probably he wanted to show her what getting her wish fulfilled would be like. He does not understand, being not really familiar with the masochist psyche of the Karanjkar women,  that this Archana lite will wallow and rejoice in her suffering, upheld by an invincible consciousness of her mahaanta.

I think he is definitely better off not marrying her. She would have spent all her time mourning the loss of her aai's pavitra rishta -  no matter that it had been in cold storage for 18 years -  and would  have made his life a living hell. Manav was right; it would have been much better for Arjun never to have come to India,  and to never have met this aai-obsessed female. He would then have been safe from this great, undying love that has now, like the black widow spider, eaten him alive.

As for Manav accepting the wedding or not, he has no choice. His dear daughter will shanghai him into going along with it.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by IFVJ

I want to see how Manav will accept this wedding .They all know Arjun does not love Ovi and this is all  done by Ovi.

I have not seen the serial,did Arjun tell them that Purvi did this because of Ovi condition ?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mandy321abhimgjdronamrajuAshlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Vilasini,

@red. No, I didn't. I did not have to, for I was not touched by any of the goings on at all, except that I was very angry with Archana over her letting down Manav so badly over the chawl demolition affair and also about her rank stupidity in the Soham affair.

It was with Arjun-Purvi that I first came to care for any TV characters, and that too has vanished now, thank goodness. Do read my PM to you; it should be of some use.

Shyamala

Originally posted by vgiri

I wrote a long emotional post and my computer blue screened..I should thank my computer..

In just a day, they have drained all my feelings & energy..Gosh.. CryCryCry
feel so bad for Purvi & Arjun..Not able to blame either one of them. But Purvi could have stopped the marriage and stayed away from Arjun instead making him a scapegoat.

How did all ARMAN fans and PR veterans handle this kind of  situation for 3 years..
Shyamala.. Dont know how you did it..

I need to watch some 10 episodes of  Big Bang Theory or Cosby show or Monk (non-stop)  to stabilize myself.

I sincerely hope that i can stay away from PR & IF for sometime..

vgiriabhimgjdronamrajuAshlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Laurie (and Ash and Abhi too),

Well, words did not fail me, about Purvi, that is, in my responses if not in the post itself,  though I have consciously restrained myself.

It was not a wonderful post, my dear, but a tired and exasperated one. I have separately sent you what I hope is an at least moderately useful post that I see you have both read. Do take it to heart. This is not the end of the world, you know, not for a day or even a moment, unless you let it be the end.

We sometimes take fool's gold for the real thing. It is neither our fault nor that of the fool's gold. But once we know that it is just pyrites, and still we  do not move on, then the fault is surely ours. Think about that.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by Axiom

Shyamala Aunty,

As always, thank you for your wonderful post.  

I'm with Ash today - the words are not coming.

It's done!

Congrats to Arjun/Ovi and best of luck for the future!

Edited by sashashyam - 05 September 2012 at 1:26pm

abhimgjdronamrajuAxiomAshlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Dear Nemeis,

Thanks for the kind words. You are always good to me.

I am afraid it is just 8000 households, scattered across a number of Indian metros, whose viewing habits are monitored for the TRPs. The Govt,of India is moving to get it increased to 30000. I understand that the corresponding number for the Nielsen ratings is about 16000.

As for the latest goings on in PR, the less said the better. I am afraid I have become unusually het up in some of my comments above! I plan to cut down drastically on my posting and read good books in the time thus saved.

Shyamala

Originally posted by Nemesispower

Don't think only 8000 odd ppl are the ones who are taken into account for TRP calculations...its much more than that...but, yeah not every audience is selected for the TRPs Ouch and TRPs are calculated only based on Indian viewership Smile

PS: Shyamala, its always a treat reading your post Clap even i was surprised to see Arjun marry ovi in SBS and being cool about it Confused The only way to end the torture of Ovi is to kill her character and they will take their own sweet time for that Dead meanwhile they will torture the audience with her obsession for the next couple of months Dead  Arjun might become devdas, purvi will sit and cry buckets in a corner and Archana will do the same Ouch and happy viewing guys Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAxiomAshlaika

mandy321 Groupbie
mandy321
mandy321

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Dear Shyamalaji,

The best thing about PR is that I found you here:) especially a big thanks to RD & Asha,have it not been these marvelous phenomenal pair I would have never found some of the most intellectual,kind hearted ladies here. I would cherish each and every post here.

As for PR  what can I say ! May be celebrating the funeral of Arjun Purvi. Way to go Ekta K & PR CVs in the name of crass uncultivated twist You have managed to bring abhorrence to the most beloved couple! At least many will be free from the bondage of Ekta's stale drama which many long and desired long time back but was shackled because of Rithvik & Asha's chemistry .Yes,Shamalaji,I never expected logic,reasoning  but was expecting from ArVi's story but thank goodness, this too has vanished now ! 

Love,
Mandy

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vgiriabhimgAxiomjdronamrajuAshlaikasashashyam

Go to top