Pavitra Rishta

India-Forums

Pavitra Rishta
Pavitra Rishta

PR this week: Should we hold our horses?

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Dear Swarna (what  a pretty name!),

First of all, let me congratulate you on a very ingenious and stubbornly optimistic take on how the Arjun-Ovi marriage will be handled in the near future. It is indeed a very clever theory.

So clever and intriguing, in fact,  that it has dragged me back from my sabbatical and made me break my firm resolve (at least for the past 3 days)  not to post any more for the present.
I am thus glad that a fellow member alerted me to it. I would not have missed it for anything.

Let me list my views on the key parts of the scenario you have sketched, of which the operative part is below, in italics. This is being said with the postulate that I would be very glad if I am wrong and you are right, but I am not as hopeful as you are.

The Arman enthusiasts would understand exactly what I mean, given the CVs' track record on Arman for fully 3 years now. So it is not a question of the pessimists among us being unintelligent, or of not having faith in ArVi , or of being naive, but rather of being realistic.

Well. here goes. You say that:

They will both hatch a plan which entails that Arjun falsely marry Ovi (incomplete rituals etc etc) in an attempt to finally make her understand that Arjun is not for her. This also ensures Arman's reunion.    He will pretend to enter into marriage with Ovi. Ovi will convince everyone to accept Archana.  Ovi will initially be ecstatic that she is married to AK.  However she will then quickly realize that AK does not love her and what she thought marriage to AK would be like is not quite what she had imagined.  She will also realize his deep love for our Purvi.Fast forward a few weeks, Ovi will declare that she cannot remain married to AK

@red. This is impossible in the mandap. Neither the priest nor the family would let them get away with what ? - 6 1/2 phere? Moreover, every Hindu marriage celebrated publicly is also  registered on the spot by a specially summoned Registrar's office staffer. Mine was,  in 1979. It is mandatory for getting the marriage certificate, and surely DK would have tied that up. The chap would just have to enter the new name for the bride, that is all. Once the marriage is so registered, it is valid in law.

The only possibility of invalidating the Arjun-Ovi marriage would be a prior and legally recognised wedding between Arjun and Purvi. You have proposed this too, but I wonder how Arjun would drag an official to the temple , so late at night,
to legalise their wedding. There would necessarily be no other independent witnesses.

More important, any such post facto claim by Arjun and Purvi would lead to a horrible public scandal, and even DK would not condone that, not to speak of Manav and Archana. Do you really see Purvi being ready for that storm, and all the shame it would bring down on both the families?

I thus cannot see how the option of an incomplete and thus invalid marriage between Arjun and Ovi will fly.

@blue
. You are grossly underestimating Ovi. She is made of MUCH sterner stuff. She will continue to believe firmly that he loves her, unless he beats her black and blue every day, an unlikely scenario! If Ovi  can believe that he loves only her when he is shouting out loud that he does NOT and that he loves Purvi, she can believe anything. Moreover, earlier, she was prepared to marry him with very little expectation that he would give her much time, not to speak of affection. Why should that have changed now? And Arjun is not looking particularly put out either, after the wedding.

Lastly, Arjun and Purvi have a zero record of working together intelligently to tackle ANY of their earlier, and considerably simpler problems. This is not to say they cannot do so now, but it seems that much less likely.

No, I personally feel that we shall have to fall back on Laurie's 
The Raging Storm, and move out of PR if and when all the most dire predictions of the last few weeks prove,one by one,  to have been correct

As for you, you should pin your hopes on the by now legendary illogicality of the CVs and their tenacious disregard of any and all rules and laws (witness the bail granting to Arjun and to Vishnu). 

Remember, however, that

a) the forum members, even the India-based ones,  count for nothing as far as the TRPs are concerned unless they are part of the 8000 selected viewers (the TRPs in India are based on just 8000 registered viewers; it is larger for the Nielsen ratings in the US, but not much larger). They thus cannot influence either the TRPs, or the rates from the TV ads, which is all the CVs care about.

Also that

b) it is not in the interest of the CVs to resolve anything neatly and positively, and definitely NOT soon. Tell me of one single unhappy issue in PR that was sorted out happily even in years, not to speak of the weeks or months you envisage. Why would Arjun-Purvi be an exception to this time-tested rule? I have always cited this in my posts and I feel the same now.

Finally, as I  get happily back to my sabbatical, here is wishing you all the very best of luck with your brave new scenario!

Shyamala B.Cowsik

[QUOTE:swarnar: Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:34pm | IP Logged

Okay Arvians et al,

Listen up!!!!!! I cannot believe that you have fallen for it. By 'it' I mean to say the ridiculousness that is the notion that ARVI are about to sacrifice their relationship and go about their separate ways. I mean for goodness sakes.  So much for your belief!  I thought you were far more intelligent than that.  ''Naive'' comes to mind...

Let me explain'I, like all of you, for a moment (a split second!!) had jumped the gun; feared the worst; swore that I would never watch this show again.  I then hoped against hope, that this was all but a stupid nightmare. I then saw that damn SBS clip!!!!  I felt betrayed by our hero and heroine.  Is Purvi that weak? Does Arjun actually wear trousers?  I was confronted with the reality that Arjun and Ovi are going to marry.  How could EKTA KAPOOR do this to us?

Then I realized..this is it!!  This is the exact reaction they want and definitely expected.  The CVs know that the viewers will never accept an Arjun-Ovi relation. They had already seen the reaction after their engagement.  Agreed, those CVs have got a screw or two loose, and without a doubt need to be replaced with far more intelligent creative minds. However they are not that stupid. They cannot be. They are fully aware that their viewers will be LIVID!! To say the very least.  However these promos, SBS/SBB, articles, all do create hype.  They are counting on the fact that people other than Arvians and Armans will tune in to find out what is going to happen.  It is just a tactic! Ultimately the CVs know what needs to happen- regardless of the twists and turns on the rollercoaster they choose to take us on.

So after much deliberation I have come to this conclusion..I  DECLARE THAT PURVI WILL BE ARJUN'S FIRST AND ONLY WIFE!!  How so??  Because we said so!!  Nahin samjhe?  Okay read on' main samjhata hoon.

1.     Re-check the promo'Purvi has mendhi on her hands.  Check out the phera scene.  Mendhi can be seen on the female's hand.  In SBS, Ovi did not have any mendhi on.  It is clearly Purvi who took the pheras with Arjun.  In the promo shots, Purvi is definitely the one in all the scenes except for the sindhoor bit.  This was Ovi. So either Arjun and Purvi tie the knot before the Ovi encounter or a few weeks down the line when the Arjun-Ovi truth comes out (read-on).

2.     SBS showed Arjun and Ovi but no Purvi. Where is she? Arjun would never just leave Purvi after meeting her on the hilltop and accept that he is just going to marry the Barbie doll.

3.     In today's episode purvi thinks to herself that she wishes that she was able to do something for Archana before she left the house. She does not suggest that she would leave Arjun (she has also promised him). Even though the CVs have been trying to make us think she is going to sacrifice (remember she has never done so in the past.  She is not Archana!!).

4.     In the precap today Purvi calls Arjun and asks that he meet her at a hilltop. She then says to him 'you have faith in me don't you, please come and meet me'.  Hint Hint..

I am going to take a wild guess now..  Arjun will meet Purvi.  Purvi will be very distressed and will blurt out the dilemma she finds herself in.  She will tell Arjun that she cannot marry him until her Aayi's future has been secured with Manav.  They will both hatch a plan which entails that Arjun falsely marry Ovi (incomplete rituals etc etc) in an attempt to finally make her understand that Arjun is not for her. This also ensures Arman's reunion.    He will pretend to enter into marriage with Ovi. Ovi will convince everyone to accept Archana.  Ovi will initially be ecstatic that she is married to AK.  However she will then quickly realize that AK does not love her and what she thought marriage to AK would be like is not quite what she had imagined.  She will also realize his deep love for our Purvi.  Fast forward a few weeks, Ovi will declare that she cannot remain married to AK and the truth will come out that the marriage was never valid.  Purvi will then come out of hiding (from South Africa to be precise).  A grand  wedding will take place between Arjun and Purvi.  Ms Kareena Kapoor will attend and the rest is history!

Remember the CVS may choose to reveal the truth to the viewing public as and when events occur or down the road in flashbacks.

Oh..I must mention my other theory'.Arjun and Purvi meet at the hill top (which happens to be near a mandhir) . Purvi tells him everything.  Arjun and Purvi marry at the mandhir.  Purvi swans off into hiding and then the fake marriage occurs. 

I HOPE TO GOD THAT THIS IS TRUE! OR ELSE PEOPLE I WILL, I REPEAT EKTA KAPOOR, I WILL TERMINATE MY SUBSCRIPTION TO ZEE TV AND SAVE MY $25Smile. 

Nevertheless I am sure that all will be okay in the end.  Don't give up on our ARVI. Not yet anyway!

-Swarna

[/QUOTE]

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

blas_morfabhimgdiana72JamuxRose_7vgirijdronamrajuramki1Axiombee5AshlaikaeuphoricMagicalParibonibright_OrChiD_

sahil70 IF-Sizzlerz
sahil70
sahil70

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 4:14am | IP Logged
only 8000 people influence trpsConfused 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagicalPari

ramki1 Goldie
ramki1
ramki1

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Shyamala madam I hope your wish(Arvi marriage at Mandhir) comes ture..Great thought.ClapClap If this happens all are happy...else

For Ovi' understanding only Arjun has to marry her..what a great Idea...else she will kill every one or she will die...Blockbuster Idea from CV's..

Marriage is one time activity(99%)..first arjun get marry with Ovi and make her understand that Ak never loved her  and she declares my marriage is not valid then arvi's marriage...it sounds not good..

This is a daily soap, so we have to bare any thing.. let them continue with nonsense..

Edited by ramki1 - 05 September 2012 at 5:05am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AshlaikaMagicalPari

diana72 Senior Member
diana72
diana72

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:17am | IP Logged
swarna
i really wish tht what u posted will come true but i wouldnt b holdin my breath...im more likely to agree wt syamala...but thrs no harm in hoping right... i really wish n hope tht ur version will cm true but the cvs n dont hav tht much of brains as u unfortunately...nway tks for partially makin my day. werl have already stopped watchin                      p
Jamux Senior Member
Jamux
Jamux

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Thanks for the lovely post. I initially had sincere hope for ArVi marriage regardless all the articles and promos but after SBS segment, must admit my beliefs did started to quiver and had to call it quit to PR. Now after reading your post, glimmer of hope has raised :)
swarnar Newbie
swarnar
swarnar

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:22am | IP Logged

Dear Shyamala,

I see your point!  You may be right.  Maybe the real truth is that it is I, who is delusional!  However something just doesn't add up!  

Even if I am totally on the wrong track, something tells me that there is more to this than meets the eye.

So the twist is that it is Arjun and Ovi (please "NOT AROVI" as one member has suggested) who marry?  Hey CVs, the cat is out of the bag, give us a real twist!

It has been weeks since that article regarding Arjun-Ovi marriage came out; plenty of time to change this horrendous storyline.  CVs knew then that the so-called twist was already out of the bag.  We are hearing a lot about high drama and lots of twists.  I don't find anything twisty about a useless Arjun-Ovi marriage.  I really don't think that this is just it.

I may be completely wrong……then again……..

-Swarna

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

adittyjdronamrajusashashyam

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Dear ramki,

That was not my idea but swarna's, and no, it is not  coming true. Today's episode settled this debated firmly in my favour and that of all the realists.

I think Arjun agreed in the end to Purvi's demand because he was sick to death of her haranguing him, and probably he wanted to show her what getting her wish fulfilled would be like. But he does not understand that this Archana lite will wallow and rejoice in her suffering, upheld by an invincible consciousness of her mahaanta.

I think he is better off not marrying her. She would have spent all her time mourning the loss of her aai's pavita rishta,which had been in cold storage for 18 years, and would  have made his life a living hell. Manav was right; it would have been much better for Arjun never to have come to India and to never have met this aai-obsessed female.

Shyamala

Originally posted by ramki1

Shyamala madam I hope your wish(Arvi marriage at Mandhir) comes ture..Great thought.ClapClap If this happens all are happy...else

For Ovi' understanding only Arjun has to marry her..what a great Idea...else she will kill every one or she will die...Blockbuster Idea from CV's..

Marriage is one time activity(99%)..first arjun get marry with Ovi and make her understand that Ak never loved her  and she declares my marriage is not valid then arvi's marriage...it sounds not good..

This is a daily soap, so we have to bare any thing.. let them continue with nonsense..

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

adittydolce123namitagloryzramki1jdronamrajuAshlaika

sashashyam IF-Sizzlerz
sashashyam
sashashyam

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 10:56am | IP Logged
My dear swarna,

You are not delusional, just anxious to be spared a great deal of disappointment and heart-burning,which is perfectly understandable.

But I am afraid I am right; you will be watching today's episode in due course, and then there will  be nothing more to be said. Please also read my response to ramki above.There is no room there now for any wishful thinking.  I thought I did not understand the way the CVs work, but you are worse.

Arjun and Purvi will eventually get together, perhaps after Ovi dies. But for now, both of them see the Arjun-Ovi marriage as one for keeps.

It is time to cut one's losses and move on.

Shyamala

Originally posted by swarnar

Dear Shyamala,

I see your point!  You may be right.  Maybe the real truth is that it is I, who is delusional!  However something just doesn't add up!  

Even if I am totally on the wrong track, something tells me that there is more to this than meets the eye.

So the twist is that it is Arjun and Ovi (please "NOT AROVI" as one member has suggested) who marry?  Hey CVs, the cat is out of the bag, give us a real twist!

It has been weeks since that article regarding Arjun-Ovi marriage came out; plenty of time to change this horrendous storyline.  CVs knew then that the so-called twist was already out of the bag.  We are hearing a lot about high drama and lots of twists.  I don't find anything twisty about a useless Arjun-Ovi marriage.  I really don't think that this is just it.

I may be completely wrong''then again''..

-Swarna

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

namitagloryzabhimgjdronamrajuAshlaika

Go to top