India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

Best thing about DABH??

monika_2691 Goldie
monika_2691
monika_2691

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Hi folks,after a long time,posting something in the forum..We are seeing so many serials being churned out every other day,so many disappearing without a trace...Yet DABH is still ruling the charts and doing stupendously well silencing so many critics...
So,what in your opinion makes the show click with viewers?What makes us not want to miss it and be glued to our tvs whenever it is aired?

Edited by monika_2691 - 05 September 2012 at 12:54am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

SonarMeyeNisha_abisweetycutieDeebzfarhana874-Ayeshi-maddy311Juna04Ritu-.NJ.SAIBALROUTH.Ami.Brahmaputrasitakshii

SAIBALROUTH IF-Sizzlerz
SAIBALROUTH
SAIBALROUTH

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:08am | IP Logged
First of all thanks for this post Monika.
DABH has an amazing storyline and the actors & actresses of DABH are all very talented and each one of them play their role to perfection. That's why we could see DABH getting so many awards and Anas, Deepika, Neelu Ji and Kanika getting nominated for so many awards and at various categories. This is an ample proof of the fact. Moreover, DABH has made a good connection with the audience through their social messages as well.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

SonarMeyesweetycutiemonika_2691Deebzfarhana874-Ayeshi-Juna04.NJ..Ami.Brahmaputrasitakshii

-Ayeshi- IF-Dazzler
-Ayeshi-
-Ayeshi-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:20am | IP Logged
From its beginning DABH managed make a connection of the characters specially Suraj- Sandhya with the viewers very well... The story-line, well direction and amazing casts are the main power of the show... The idea of husband helping n supporting his wife to get her a successful career is really unique... Every tracks of DABH was so amazing and heart-touching... SurYa chemistry is just superb... And when u love all the characters specially the main leads so much its kinda impossible not to watch the show even when u may find some episodes boring and not up to ur expectation level... So making connection with viewers with the characters initially is very important for a show...

SonarMeyesweetycutiemonika_2691Deebzfarhana874Juna04.NJ.SAIBALROUTH.Ami.Brahmaputrasitakshii

maddy311 IF-Rockerz
maddy311
maddy311

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:28am | IP Logged
In my opinion the script of diya aur bati is sheer brilliance. There is amazing continuity between tracks. Take this recent example. During the world top cook they slowly built up the whole rk track without us taking any notice and now they can continue with the track without us getting bored of the build up.
The next thing is nothing is over the top, there is perfect mix of emotions, comedy, drama, love, and everything is simple, sweet yet very addictiveBig smile
Of course the actors and whole crew associated with show work hard to serve the audience with brilliant episodes so that instead of people yawning and eventually changing channels, they keep the remote aside and enjoy the showBig smile

SonarMeyesweetycutiemonika_2691Deebzfarhana874duniaJuna04.NJ.SAIBALROUTH.Ami.Brahmaputra

saruu. IF-Dazzler
saruu.
saruu.

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:57am | IP Logged
Well...
I just started watching the show, and I LOVE IT!!!
I think this show is amazing because of how each character is carved out, they don't change, and the storyline.
Seriously, I've never a seen a show this good since tere liye!!!
And there's also a mix of everything included, from anger to love, every emotion is portrayed beautifully!!
And Anas is hot. Like, really hot.
Especially when he has a chefs hat on his head.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

monika_2691Deebzfarhana874Juna04SAIBALROUTH.Ami.Brahmaputra.NJ.sitakshii

Brahmaputra IF-Sizzlerz
Brahmaputra
Brahmaputra

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:58am | IP Logged
I find many best things instead of a single one. Here goes my list.

1. Interesting Storyline with the least dragging & proper closure of every story thread with an amazing connection between them...

2. Perfect casting...no actor is a bad choice & all are sharing valuabke screen spaces & contribute sensibly to every scene.. No one is a doll which just supports the main leads.

3. Perfect character sketching & developing. Every charater are having remarkable & distinct characterisation and contribute significantly to the storyline..

4. Social Education & General Awareness lessons. This is the best part. For eg- save the female child. So DABH bears a social responsibility...

5. No infinitely repeating 'eye locks' & 'I fall U catch' games... Each SurYa moments are remarkably distinct & outstanding..

6. Sensible, acceptable & matured romance with no irking stupidities & melodramas...

7. Soulful title track & background music.

8. No character is completely evil. Like every normal human being, even the lead villians show their soft, emotional and helping faces whenever necessary. Dhaisa, Maasa, Meena & Maithe are examples...

10. A perfect blend of multi tracks. Usual dramas are based on a single or two concepts. DABH is like marvellous rainbow of multicoloured concepts- saas-bahu track, supporting husband-wife track, romantic track, social issues' awareness track, family relations track, cultural values track, crimes-their investigation & thriller tracks, comedy tracks...the list goes on... And all these are perfectly blend together with no embarassing additions.

11. Finally DABH is a journey of some imperfect people to perfections. They fall, walk, again fall & finally learn walking. No character is stagnant. All are/will be changing at one or another time. A perfect story of a common lower middle class family that can happen almost anywhere in India. All married couple can find SurYa in them at one or other stage of their life.

Thats why DABH is a chart topper always..

Edited by June_Anne_Mary - 05 September 2012 at 2:10am

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

SonarMeyecuriouscatTheCoolDocSidshehjarsweetycutiemonika_2691akku8910april12Deebzfarhana874-Ayeshi-saruu.maddy311Tacker_HolicduniaJuna04.NJ.SAIBALROUTH.Ami.MagicalParisitakshii

.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:07am | IP Logged
I watch this show online, usually the videos are about 20 minutes but after watching it, I feel like it ends in 2 minutes LOL so I guess it is the screenplay- it is the most important thing in any show; and of course the actors and actresses who are all doing a great job... even characters like Daisa is properly defined and we can relate to her LOL, not to forget the amazing chemistry of the leads, which I think is the USP (unique Selling Point) of the show, but despite that, good that the writers did not give us the typical love scenes that will not suit the unique couple.
DABH writers always give priority to the storyline...I don't really watch other shows now but I've never heard of any serials showing a reality show or a track that shows terrorism; audience like to watch different things, not the usual stuff... that's why the show is doing good...correct me if I'm wrong Wink

Edited by niruba - 05 September 2012 at 2:15am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

SonarMeyesweetycutiemonika_2691farhana874-Ayeshi-Juna04SAIBALROUTHBrahmaputrasitakshii

UMDU IF-Dazzler
UMDU
UMDU

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:37am | IP Logged
I think what works for the serial is the role reversal which is a new concept on tv.THE HUSBAND COOKING AND WIFE ASPIRING TO BE AN IPS OFFICER.Even though the melieu is semirural, they have tried to show the husband being supportive of his wife in her efforts to appear for civil services.That too a husband who is himself not very educated.In a male dominated society such as ours it is rare to see a husband who basks in the glory of his wife's success.That with a dose of romance and masala works for DABH.Of course the good looks of Anas and Deepika,excellent script ,direction, acting are added advantages.But mainly I think it is the story line.Anas has acted in other serials also with equal passion and vigour, but it is only after DABH people have started noticing him.With Deepika apart from good looks and acting she has been very very lucky.To get so much adulation in the first serial is rare.

SonarMeyesweetycutiemonika_2691Deebzfarhana874-Ayeshi-divyasnJuna04SAIBALROUTH.Ami.Brahmaputra

Go to top