India-Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

Abort a baby

Krani IF-Dazzler
Krani
Krani

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Should the decision to abort a baby be more a woman's decision, or should it be an equal decision?
Or should it solely be a woman's decision?

What are your thoughts? 

I think a woman should have more of a say than a man, mostly because the child is growing within her, and eventually she has to sacrifice more than the man. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

meant4uonliemunnihyderabad--Iqra--pallavi25

munnihyderabad Cool Viewbie
munnihyderabad
munnihyderabad

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
According to the law in India... women has every right to terminate her pregnancy (of course, not based on the sex of the fetus though)  .. she does not need any consent or approval of any other person ..as per law ..

here is a case which proved that women need not take husband's consent for abortion

Edited by munnihyderabad - 04 September 2012 at 10:02pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Krani

sweetsorrow18 IF-Rockerz
sweetsorrow18
sweetsorrow18

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
it's a toss up because the reason why she's pregnant in the first place is due to the male, in such cases where a woman has become pregnant against her will, i think it's fair to let the woman have a choice whether or not to have the baby...but in situations like the one in ehmmbh, viren loves that baby as much as jeevika even though he's not carrying it, so the fact that he has no choice at all about what she's going to do is a little heartbreaking..i guess, its all situational

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

madhu0702Krani

meant4uonlie Senior Member
meant4uonlie
meant4uonlie

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
Well I dont know about law or anything ... but i personally think that A man and woman both have the right to make the decision ... because just the way the baby is important to a mother it is also important to a father ... and not to forget a woman gets pregnant because of the man ... so i believe the decision shoould be of both the parents not only the woman ... It also depends on the situation .. if the baby father is one of cruels ones (you know what i mean ) then a woman can take the decision alone .. well it all depends on the situation and people ...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

madhu0702Krani

Krani IF-Dazzler
Krani
Krani

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetsorrow18

it's a toss up because the reason why she's pregnant in the first place is due to the male, in such cases where a woman has become pregnant against her will, i think it's fair to let the woman have a choice whether or not to have the baby...but in situations like the one in ehmmbh, viren loves that baby as much as jeevika even though he's not carrying it, so the fact that he has no choice at all about what she's going to do is a little heartbreaking..i guess, its all situational

Fair enough, but in the case of Jeevika however, if she doesn't abort then she can't do anything to save her sister. But if she does, she increases the chances. 
And if Viren still keeps refusing, do you think she should go ahead with the abortion?

I would go for 'yes' because you can have another kid, but you can never get another sibling...

PS: I saw the precap, and I believe that Viren agreed to the abortion, however say that he hadn't?
KaShxoxo Senior Member
KaShxoxo
KaShxoxo

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:08pm | IP Logged
I think that the only way it would or could conceive a baby without a man than it should be only her decision! However i think that a man and a women both have equal rights on the baby! Even though a baby is inside the women and as a bond with the baby the baby's life will only be complete with a dad not only with a mother!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

madhu0702

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top