CID

India-Forums

CID
CID

HAPPY TEACHERS DAY!!!! Share your experiences (Page 2)

DemonStar IF-Sizzlerz
DemonStar
DemonStar

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Happy Teacher's Day, everyone. Smile Wished two of my teachers in the morning and felt really good. Loving reading all your experiences; will post my own in a while.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fairy1

fairy1 Goldie
fairy1
fairy1

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Happy Teachers Day To All

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mallikaBaluDemonStarvisrom

gadhadada IF-Addictz
gadhadada
gadhadada

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:02am | IP Logged

Edited by gadhadada - 05 September 2012 at 2:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fairy1DemonStarvisrom

DemonStar IF-Sizzlerz
DemonStar
DemonStar

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:29am | IP Logged

Alright, here we go; a few of my experiences.

When it came to my teachers, I had a bit more of a "responsibility", for the lack of a better word. My older aunt used to be a Math teacher at my school a few years before I joined and was friends with many of the other teachers in there, known to be among the best in the faculty (she's currently teaching in the USA). Ironically, Maths isn't one of my stronger subjects. So, I had to put up with quite a lot of "Oh, you are her nephew, aren't you? How come you got low marks in Maths?" remarks. Thankfully, I did well in other subjects to compensate for that. Tongue

Anyway, one of my most respected teachers (may she rest in peace) was one of her friends and was our class teacher in 5th class; I wrote about her in last year's thread here. Our computer science sir was yet another favourite of mine (helps that I've a knack for good programming LOL ) and was by far the most understanding teacher I've ever come across until now. Not only was he spectacular as far as the subject is concerned, but unlike the cold, formal approach taken by most others, he was strict but actively mingled with us during the classes and had one awesome sense of humour. One classic joke of his - while dictating notes, he'd say "whether boy or girl, you've all got to put a bindi now", meaning the sentence is over and you've gotta put the 'stop'. ROFL I particularly remember him showing us the first Spider-Man movie during one of our visits to the computer lab.

There was also our Maths teacher in 9th class who had this deep, James Earl Jones-like voice. He remained silent most of the time, had this mystical sorta air around him and was fancied by the girls. Tongue He and another teacher arranged a large play titled "Hindustan, Meri Jaan" in our 10th class' school annual function. Basically, after a large set of cultural dances and skits, my friends and I were supposed to re-enact a performance of the Kargil war. The 12th-graders were playing the terrorist militants and we were the brave jawans in khaki. Oh Lord, I can never forget this particular experience. LOL Our Maths teacher first had us stage a little performance to the "Taaqat Watan Ki'" song and then advised us to go watch Lakshya, which had just been released in the theatres, to learn more about military battle techniques (teacher asking students to watch a film in the theatre? Ye duniya ut-patanga? Silly). Later, he started instructing us for hand-to-hand combat, and the resulting "combat" turned into a classic brawl with both groups beating the crap out of each other. LOL After that, he had a large shipment of military clothing, prop rifles etc. delivered for us and we were left by ourselves to choose clothes that fit us best. Need I explain why many "pant utaar di" jokes were cracked that day? ROFL But anyway, he worked really hard on it all and our performance on the final day was widely appreciated.

Our music teacher in class-II - oh dear, while I wasn't really the music freak I now am back then, I was totally enamored by the sound of acoustic guitar the moment I heard him strum the first chord on his. Day Dreaming As much as I've been self-teaching myself the instrument now, I'd so love to have learned it from him back then (heck, even now!). The music flowed from his hands like enchanted water from the Fountain of Youth. He taught us songs from various artistes ' the Beatles, John Lennon, Stevie Wonder, Tina Turner and many more, and quite a lot of Christian-themed songs. I regret that I've recently lost my Singing notebook, which I had carefully preserved for several years. He was quite strict and a bit short-tempered, however - going off-key meant the lesson's finishing drumroll would be played across the offender's butt, literally. Tongue

For the not-so-nice part: the first one that comes to mind is our 8th class' Moral Science teacher, Father Sunil. LOL Oh Lord. Let's say he wasn't exactly the nicest person you're ever gonna meet, and my classmates had bestowed upon him a nickname that's too crude to be mentioned here. Tongue Anyway, in one of the classes he was reading out from an Eckhart Tolle book and as soon as his back was turned, a 'friend' hit me with a paper plane from across the class. I retaliated and, miraculously, we managed to go on unnoticed for almost 45 minutes. ROFL That is, until one of my planes went and landed right on the Father's desk. Out came the dreaded wooden ruler and it's pretty easy to guess what followed... ouch. Pinch As my 'friend' started smirking at me, he concluded with an "I hope you've learned your lesson, Ravi" lecture.

Me, outside - "I am sorry, sir." Embarrassed

Me, inside - (at the 'friend') WHY YOU LITTLE ^&$@#* JUST WAIT UNTIL YOU MEET ME OUTSIDE!!    LOL

Speaking of that, Hindi was never one of my favourite subjects, especially the poetry (phoolon pe chhote-chhote boond chamak rahe hain, yada yada yada Wacko LOL), which my teacher was quick to notice and made me a choice target of at least 10 questions in every class. Tongue @vis - even I had such an experience with my 12th grade's biology teacher, though thankfully I managed to get off comparatively scot-free. It involved this oxidative phosphorylation cycle that's tough as hell and I spectacularly screwed it up in the exam. She angrily asked me to read it out to the whole class, but I had barely finished it (flushing like hell) when one of my classmates became her next target - even worse, this poor fella's drawing of the cycle looked like a crayon doodle, and she actually started screaming if he expected her to "decode" it for hours. I can't remember having ever worked harder to stifle my hysterical laughter. ROFL That kinda took away the spotlight from me. That said, science has always been my subject of choice and one of my proudest moments is when this same teacher later showed one of my own prepared slides in the bio lab to the entire class. Approve The same happened with a parallax-removal experiment in physics.

We had SUPW as well, though personally I called it "Stupid Useless Pathetic Work". Tongue Usually it involved copying down mounds of info about pollution, deforestation, humanism etc. from the Internet and spending several sleepless nights copying it all down into notebooks (usually because of my own procrastination). Rarely, we got to do more creative stuff like art, painting and embroidery. I must say I actually enjoyed the embroidery thing, it was quite fun. Embarrassed I've still got most of my creations stored or framed at home.

Lord, it got longer than I expected. I'll leave it at that; sorry for boring y'all. Tongue Happy Teacher's Day to everyone, again.

"Gurur Brahma, Gurur Vishnu, Gurur devo Maheshvarah. Gurur sakshaat Parabrahman, tasmai Sri Gurave namaha."

Edited by DemonStar - 05 September 2012 at 2:32am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Akshay.fairy1DaydreamingShagnika-Twinkles-Bhavanabastonishvisromgadhadada

astonish IF-Sizzlerz
astonish
astonish

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Wow.. Looks like everyone had a lot of funny experiences in school LOL

Ravi..your music class reminded me of my music class.. we had it only in 9th class.. and the teacher was very funny... She actually taught us a funny english song dedicated to Lord Ganesha... We used to ROFL while she used to make us sing that song.. The lyrics go something like this...

Come oh lord ganpathi... come oh bulky stomach ganpati...
Ohh lorduu... the son offuu ..Shivparvathiii... Shivpaarvathi...

@Vis , @demonstar... Wonderful full forms of SUPW...LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

fairy1ShagnikaDemonStarvisromgadhadada

visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by astonish

@Vis , @demonstar... Wonderful full forms of SUPW...LOL
Arey, that teacher who taught us knitting for SUPW...her name was Uma and we had named SUPW as Stupid Uma and her pichi work.

I had one Geography teacher...who asked us all to draw the map of India and mark the physical features! Yes, draw! Tracing from the atlas was not allowed. I don't know what is the use of making us draw India map..she gave us one week to do it. I am generally poor at drawing, so I barely managed to do something. The teacher asked us all to come one by one to her table and get the maps corrected while she gave the class some work to do. My name was luckily towards the end in alphabetical order. I was praying that the bell rings before she calls out to me, but it was not to be.  She called me, I went with my map...she looked at it and said 'entamma bhookampamochinda'. ROFL

Edited by visrom - 05 September 2012 at 3:35am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

fairy1mallikaBaluShagnika-Twinkles-DemonStar

astonish IF-Sizzlerz
astonish
astonish

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 3:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

I had one Geography teacher...who asked us all to draw the map of India and mark the physical features! Yes, draw! Tracing from the atlas was not allowed. I don't know what is the use of making us draw India map..she gave us one week to do it. I am generally poor at drawing, so I barely managed to do something. The teacher asked us all to come one by one to her table and get the maps corrected while she gave the class some work to do. My name was luckily towards the end in alphabetical order. I was praying that the bell rings before she calls out to me, but it was not to be.  She called me, I went with my map...she looked at it and said 'entamma bhookampamochinda'. ROFL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL
I never used to take risk in such situations... I would simply go home.. give it to my sisters.. both of them were good at drawing...

Originally posted by visrom

Arey, that teacher who taught us knitting for SUPW...her name was Uma and we had named SUPW as Stupid Uma and her pichi work.

ROFL

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Edited by astonish - 05 September 2012 at 3:39am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fairy1gadhadada

DemonStar IF-Sizzlerz
DemonStar
DemonStar

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 3:53am | IP Logged

Yet another classic acronym for SUPW. ROFL Speaking of geography, a friend of mine ended up colouring the entirety of India blue in one of our exams. Our teacher took one look at his map and proclaimed aloud how we're all apparently living in a marine kingdom! LOL

We had an unusually strict Maths teacher that year who heaped tons of homework upon us and was liberal with the rod on those who failed to do it. I eventually ended up with an enormous backlog and stopped doing it altogether. She used to come checking the notebooks from row 1 and I remember sitting there with my big blank copy, praying for the bell to ring before she reached me. LOL Surprisingly, I escaped uncaught every time.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Akshay.fairy1mallikaBaluShagnika-Twinkles-astonishvisromgadhadada

Go to top