CID
CID

HAPPY TEACHERS DAY!!!! Share your experiences

visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
HAPPY TEACHERS DAY

5th September is celebrated as Teachers' Day as a mark of tribute to the contribution made by teachers to the society. 5th September is the birthday of a great teacher Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, who was a staunch believer of education, and was the well-known diplomat, scholar, President of India and above all a Teacher.

Teachers mould the lives that they influence because the lessons learned from teachers remain with their students throughout life. We should always respect our teachers. Teachers need encouragement and support from the community to feel that their devotion to students is appreciated.

Teachers' Day is now one of the occasions that is looked forward by the teachers and students alike. On this day students realize what it means to be a teacher and what it means to control the future of several students in their classes and also teachers are reminded what it felt like when they were the students.

Apart from the fun aspect of the day it is also a day when one can look back, admire and get inspired by Dr. Radhakrishnan, a small town cunning boy, who grew up to become one of the most respected politicians in the history of democracy of India.

A good teacher is like a candle - it consumes itself to light the way for others.

Wishing all CIDians a very Happy Teachers' Day. Party

Do wish your teachers, share your memorable experiences with your teachers and let everyone enjoy them.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

shreelafairy1mallikaBalu..Princess..Shagnika-Twinkles-iMiniDemonStarastonish..Roopal..gadhadada

astonish IF-Sizzlerz
astonish
astonish

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Happy Teachers Day!!!!

Thanks for the thread Vis Big smile...
Lemme start with my crazy experiences with my teachers Tongue I was one of the dull students of my class ..or I would say... a student who is more interested in sports than studies LOL

Maths teacher: This was the most funniest and another embarrassing joke in class..maths unit test...   I had got around 20 out of 25... just made one small mistake due to which i lost 5 marks...

That mistake .. was so stupid... !!! When there is a variable with negative sign on the right side of equals (=) sign... and if you bring it to the left side of equals.. it changes to positive sign... right...!!!!

But... the unit test books are small.. so the equation was at the end of the page and i had to continue it on the next page... i did the same... but.. on the next page i copied the equation incorrectly.. minus sign as plus sign and continued with it...

My teacher called me.. and said ... "when you move the variable from one side to other side of equals-to the sign changes... but the sign doesnt change when you move your equation from one page to another" LOL

Hindi teacher: She was in her 40's... but we would still call her didi... i think 4-5 months before the board exam... last unit test results... she never scolded anyone... My name was 1st.. she had decided to be harsh to me.. else i would surely fail in my board exam...LOL i could see it on her face... Tongue

I never understood the difference between the two "ki" maatraas in hindi LOL I literally used to use them alternatively.. .. one time small "ki" and next time big "ki" ..then again small 'ki"... LOL That day... she literally shouted at me.. and explained me the difference and till date i didn't forget it... LOL and again never made a mistake with "ki" maatra's

SUPW:  I never tried to know what SUPW stands for in the 12 years of school... LOL There was a sister who used to teach us ..clay art on pots... D'oh First day.. I tried to mix clay and water... it was a mess... finally.. i had to throw away all the clay... but had a whole year ahead.. and so many SUPW classes D'oh
That whole year.. all the SUPW classes ...i spent kneeling down in open air.. enjoying the breeze outside the class LOL That sister had a favorite dialog... "I'll put you zero" LOL

Well.. School was fun.. I donno if lecturers in engineering are also teachers...because most of them never taught anything Evil Smile That was a different kind of fun though...

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Akshay.fairy1Daydreaming..Princess..mallikaBaluShagnika-Twinkles-DemonStarvisromgadhadada

visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Wow...I will add mine too...I have enough for a whole book. Will write when I get some time...a bit preoccupied now.

Edited by visrom - 04 September 2012 at 10:27pm
Daydreaming IF-Dazzler
Daydreaming
Daydreaming

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Woww Astonish!! Those were fun experiences Big smile
Reminded me of my school days too. And you know, even I used to do that ''Ki'' mistakes in hindi. And in Hindi and Marathi, different rules are applied for giving matras and I always used to jumble in that LOL
I had cool teachers in school. My English teacher was such a darling, a very sweet lady, also my science teachers.
I liked most of the subjects, but I used to goof up in economics. I've never had such a strong disintrest for any other subject. Once we had three chapters for economics exam and I had just ratofied one answer from each chapter. I solved the paper using the contents of only those three answers and by putting some familiar words like ''inflation'', ''gdp'' etc every now and then ROFL And when the results were out, our economics sir had called me. I knew that he'll scold me for bad performance, but instead he was praising me. He told me that I had written a very nice paper and I was like Shocked ''Yeh kaise ho gaya bhai??'' Shayad us exam me un teen answers pe hi maximum part aya tha.

Originally posted by astonish

I donno if lecturers in engineering are also teachers...because most of them never taught anything Evil Smile That was a different kind of fun though...

LOL I agree with you.
But we had a lecturer in last semester who taught electrical. He is really a very good teacher. Even the all time class bunkers used to come for his lectures. Lagta hi naheen tha ke engineering ke lecturer hain.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

fairy1mallikaBaluShagnika-Twinkles-astonishDemonStarvisromgadhadada

astonish IF-Sizzlerz
astonish
astonish

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pvkd

I liked most of the subjects, but I used to goof up in economics. I've never had such a strong disintrest for any other subject. Once we had three chapters for economics exam and I had just ratofied one answer from each chapter. I solved the paper using the contents of only those three answers and by putting some familiar words like ''inflation'', ''gdp'' etc every now and then ROFL

We had social... i.e. 4 subjects combined... I hated it...Geography...history... civics and economics... Since my sister's time... there was a social teacher who never used to ask us to sit after we stand and wish her Goood Morniiinggg teeecheerrrLOL

1st 20mins of the class.. she would ask questions to every individual in a sequence... if you answer you get a chance to sit.. or have to stand for complete 1hr LOL I don't think there will be any student who passed out of our school and never got a punishment atleast one time in social studies class... LOL 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

fairy1Daydreaminggadhadada

visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
I have loads of memorable experiences.

We had one Chemistry teacher in 10th who had this nasty habit of making people read out their own wrong answers in front of the whole class. So, if we didn't know the answer it was better to leave a blank page than write something just like that.

For the first term exam we didn't know her habit. There was a question related to Alkanes. Alkenes and Alkynes and I wrote my own answer - 2 pages about Alkalies...I wrote so much...about how acids and alkalies give salt and water and pH values and lots of examples on NaOH and KOH and all the possible Alkalies I could think of...I wrote uses of Alkalies, big equations and even managed to balance them correctly.

Then there was results day! She came to the class with my answer sheet on top. She called me out and I went to her table hoping for an applause.

She first showed me my answer and said 'have you read the question', I said 'yes ma'am'.  She handed me the answer sheet and said to the whole class ' now visrom is going to read out her answer'. I still did'n't know what was wrong. I innocently took my sheet and started reading out. After 2 sentences, the whole class burst out laughing. I was Confused..I stopped and asked them what happened. The teacher said 'don't stop...please read the whole answer'...I read the entire 2 pages amid the roaring laughter of my classmates.

Then she opened the Chemistry text book and showed me the chapter on Alkanes, Alkenes and Alkynes - Organic  chemistry part which I didn't realise was included in the portion and had completely left it.

I was completely PinchOuchCry insulted, embarrassed and shocked...literally in tears...not because of my low marks, but the way I was made a laughing stock.

She later came to know from other  teachers that I was not a 'weak' student...and I had my vengeance by scoring top marks in the next Chemistry test.

After that incident, she mellowed down a bit...maybe felt sorry for me. LOL

(But see...I still remember those 3 words after so many years...and though I didn't study chemistry after 12th)

Edited by visrom - 05 September 2012 at 3:25am

Akshay.fairy1DaydreamingShagnika-Twinkles-DemonStarastonishgadhadada

mallikaBalu IF-Dazzler
mallikaBalu
mallikaBalu

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:38am | IP Logged
Lovely thread.
Will come back later and share my experiences.

Right now too many of my students are calling me and wishing me. 
I have to grab time between all this to do the same to my teachers.

See you all later.
To all the teachers on IF 
Happy Teacher's DaySmile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

fairy1DemonStar

visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by astonish

SUPW: I never tried to know what SUPW stands for in the 12 years of school... LOL There was a sister who used to teach us ..clay art on pots... D'oh First day.. I tried to mix clay and water... it was a mess... finally.. i had to throw away all the clay... but had a whole year ahead.. and so many SUPW classes D'oh
That whole year.. all the SUPW classes ...i spent kneeling down in open air.. enjoying the breeze outside the class LOL That sister had a favorite dialog... "I'll put you zero" LOL

SUPW - Socially useful prodcutive work?? Confused or Some useful periods wasted.

We had one teacher who was pregnant and used to knit socks (or whatever). So one term she decided to teach us knitting. D'ohNo one in my class ever got the hang of it. Every week she used to ask us to get our needles and wool and show how much we had finished...the max we would have done is 1/2 an inch. Also it used to be embarrassing knitting socks at home or anywhere other than the SUPW class,...we used to hide it as soon as she left and never took our needles out in public...(pata nahi log kya sochenge...ROFL) After a whole term, she gave up...rather she went on leave and we heaved a sigh of relief.

Akshay.fairy1DaydreamingShagnika-Twinkles-DemonStarastonishgadhadada

Go to top