Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Say NO to cruelty! (Page 2)

zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 5:53pm | IP Logged
Sari... brilliant post!! Watching Shyam gloat was probably the worst thing I have seen on this show..as you stated it was a new low.  When Shyam was faking the loss of his unborn child...Khushis expressions were kind of sympathetic..so they will quite possibly show her caving in, but lets hope not. I sound like a broken record but come on bring Anjali back stronger...she has gone through the worst thing any woman can go through I think its time to cut her some slack and give her her brains back...Ever since Dadis character has been introduced I think I hated her the most today as she stood back and listened to Shyam accusing Anjali... I can give her the benefit of the doubt for all her other stupid view points but not this one..I am ready for her to be out of the picture!

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

KitwatJordinmoonlight99Atyayashwink630-Maggie--Pallavi-ravenheartmaaloodocgirljoenet1234showstruck--Sari--Zuzanasoapsudsserialwatcher16sbk2ipkbs

Zuzana IF-Rockerz
Zuzana
Zuzana

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Sari you spelt it out wonderfully...enough of showing the sick games the villain is playing,...we have completely got it that he is the worst and most disgusting villain..so now shall we move on please! 
Sadistic writers as you put is a right word...even when Shyam was revealed they didnt give us the satisfaction of seeing the good over bad in a complete way..they shrouded it by leaving many things in the open so that they can have all options..I would call that low confidence! How disgusting it was to see him blame Anjali for the heinous crime he did!Dead

Now my only wish is to see kushi not get into Shyam's business and stay away and be by Arnav's side and not get into more trouble by advicing Arnav to bring Shyam inside Shantivan...we dont want to see a Mahaan heroine! 

Loved the Arnav-kushi scene...a lovely one..unknowingly she has become his emotional support and he is readily embracing it and derives solace! They are so much like a long married couple deriving strength from the other in difficult times!

I absolutely enjoyed the punches the evil got this time..I was cheering like a teenager!LOL 
It was a delightful sceneApprove..I wouldnt have minded some more of it!Wink 

In hope of seeing some positivity in the show not in the form of comedy! 

Edited by Zuzana - 04 September 2012 at 6:11pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99spsharmila-Maggie--Pallavi-docgirljoenet1234zainah09maaloo--Sari--soapsudsserialwatcher16showstruckpremparbatNewbiesoapfansbk2ipkbs

DiamondLife IF-Sizzlerz
DiamondLife
DiamondLife

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
Sari:
very well said..
we got the point Cvs want shyamu back..
but there is limit to tolerate such cruelty..and butchering characters in order to fulfill...its always Khushi who is the target
i have already prepared myself that its khushi who will bring shyamu...this time it will  be for good.
Shyamu will be exposedSmile

Edited by Shastradhari - 04 September 2012 at 6:01pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Kitwat-Maggie--Pallavi-ravenheartzainah09Zuzanapremparbatshowstruck--Sari--soapsudsserialwatcher16LadyLaLasbk2ipkbs

zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ipkbs

Ippy...I lau you dammit!!! Hug Thank you so much...Love the vm...your scene selections are perfect!

ROFL  Shut up Dadi. You DHV lau-er..

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-docgirlmaaloosoapsudsshowstrucksbk2ipkbs

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Rabba Ve ladeej  Hug

Today we got a conclusive answer to the kostin - Sari ko gussa kyon aata hai? I could not agree with you more on this one, Sari. Bas bahot ho gaya! 

The show lost the brownie points earned from me for pulling back with Monday's episode. The Anjali-Shyam relationship is being handled in as OTT a manner as is possible - with maximum cruelty as you rightly said, Sari. Anjali (and with her the entire audience) is being dragged all the way down - far, far into the melodrama abyss. All this to what end? ... to make Shyam's entry as dramatic as possible? 

Sari you may feel sympathy for Anjali's character but I don't think they're doing her character any favors - but what do I know? Confused  Taking on the blame and begging forgiveness? Oh peeleejh! Nothing about Anjali's motivation makes any sense. The show has taken no care to set it up, if anything her state of mind (such as it is!) has been systematically obscured. It's hard to feel empathy for someone who seems impenetrable and just well... dumb! The victim card infuriates me ---- it devalues true victims who have no resources to fight back and are deserving of our compassion. 

I don't care any more about rise of the steel magnolia or watching Anjali do a fearsome Kali dance when she finally rises. This is awful to watch and it's even more awful to contemplate how pathetic the emotional manipulation of the audience is. Enough already! 

Are there any female characters left to root for other than Naani? Do they really have to make Daadi so unidimensional? She seems to care nothing for Arnav, less than nothing for Anjali or her lost child (given her accepting silence of Shyam's appalling accusation!)... her ONLY goal seems to be to return damaadji to his "rightful" place in RM! At this point does it matter if she has a traumatized past or even her own reasons for her prejudice? Characters can be flawed, grey... but they must display at least a spark of humanity or none of this matters, show us there is something worth redeeming. 

Khushi has been reduced to nothing more than a trusted appendage ... a crutch, a support who is mute and largely without agency. Knowing IPK as we do, this can only mean that for Khushi satyanash is right around the corner. She's going to stand against Arnav on the Shyam issue and I'm pretty sure we'll see a rather rude end to the love-dovey trust that is in place now. Nafrat here we come... color me shocked if that doesn't happen sometime soon. Ouch

So last night when I signed off I'd hoped for a thappadgate repeat. We got that and much more -mukkagate galore. It ought to have been one for seeti maroing and coin throwing. But not only was the execution of the mukkas as unconvincing as can be, the entire OTT drama just left a bad taste in the mouth. There was no satisfaction to be gained - at least for me. 

Oh and the great mumbler was back in glorious mumbling form.  Someone do something about that already! 

My tolerance for this less than useless drama is sinking fast. It's just as well I'm travelling tomorrow and will miss the rest of the IPK week. The forced detox will be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe by the time I return, the show will have restored some measure of balance --- I'm not holding my breath!

Edited by docgirl - 04 September 2012 at 6:25pm

The following 31 member(s) liked the above post:

sheena27newipkksamba12Jordinmoonlight99Sahana2IF_Rocksyogifaluashwink630Suni-Maggie--Pallavi-Hriju321joenet1234maaloohowcomeSiri22zainah09premparbatsavvy05--Sari--Mepharmshowstruck-monalisa-soapsudsserialwatcher16Zuzanamadmaxinesbk2Newbiesoapfanipkbs

tulip21 IF-Dazzler
tulip21
tulip21

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
A neat and clean episode...thats what i thought...
Didn't have much expectations but the way arnav slapped and punched shyam  i felt good...

Things stood out:
Khushi assuring him and giving him the comfort and confidence that is much needed...
Arnav's pov abt shyam and not in a idea to let him in...

Confusion:
Shyam was thinking dadi as his return ticket to RM and was planning for the miscarriage... but his way now is anjali...its much confusing and scary

On seeing episode it was clear that arnav is going to have khushi by his side...so garima truth is not going to come out now and the drama now will be around shyam...

lets see what we have in the coming episodes

Edited by tulip21 - 04 September 2012 at 7:53pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maalooNewbiesoapfan

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

My tolerance for this less than useless drama is sinking fast. It's just as well I'm travelling tomorrow and will miss the rest of the IPK week. The forced detox will be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe by the time I return, the show will have restored some measure of balance --- I'm not holding my breath!

Great post! The upside of all this is, detox seems achievable. Have an awesome time at the festival! I checked the line-up, some really interesting stuff. Whatever happens or doesn't happen at the show, who cares! We'll be here waiting for you Smile

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-howcomedocgirlMepharmsoapsudsshowstruckipkbs

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
Since last Friday, I am reading the updates first. And if the updates don't look like a horror story, then I see the episode. I saw Monday's because it was more about Arnav and Khushi being together in tough times. But yesterday's, I didn't dare to see. I didn't dare to see the pictures also (other than the ones posted in this hangout). I am just tired of Anjali's dumb fold face and Shyam's cruel eyes - which we are seeing directly/indirectly since one year. 

Ultimate move is to get sympathy. Yes, now all of us are sympathising with Anjali. But what does Anjali need? Sympathy or the strength? She has seen the worst possible things that can happen in life. How much more is in store for her and for us to watch? 

And definitely it will be Khushi who will push ASR to bring Shyam back. No one else has any effect on ASR other than Khushi and Anjali. And Anjali is not in a position to discuss other than looking at Chotey with those begging eyes and hence it has to be Khushi who will make ASR understand his Di's needs. Hope I am wrong here. 

Yes, evil and naive characters are needed for the story to continue. Thats not the point. The point is how long they want to show this? Till SP gives them a notice of close down? Then everything will become ok in the last episode. 

Everyone's taste is different. Some people like horror stories and some like comedy and some other like romance or drama. No one is right or wrong. But the the issue here is, this serial was something different last year and beginning of this year with evil and naive characters in the background and now it is stretched so much that evil and naive characters are in the fore-front. 

Anyhow, I have the choice. Remote and FF buttons are there to help me avoiding seeing "helpless" women tormented by men. So no complaints.

Edited by reguser - 04 September 2012 at 6:26pm

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

susieKitwatJordinyogifaluAtyay-Maggie-joenet1234maaloo--Sari--premparbatZuzanasoapsudsserialwatcher16showstrucksbk2Newbiesoapfanipkbs

Go to top