Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: --Sari--

Blast from the past is way better than the crap they show with Shyam...Torturing Anji mentally and physically on a daily basis...I accept the girl is weak and is susceptible to such treatment...There are men who did this on a daily basis too and there are women who tolerate it for whatever reasons...but why show it daily?

At least in Anji's duniya unlike other abused women, they can show it with a social message by making someone other than herself to fight for her. Maybe mami finding out what Shyam is up to...But here all women are dumb...& that I cannot buy...Time & again women have taken it to a new level, even in poverty...so I can't relate to this dumbness...

At least Khushi proved she is a normal girl, dreamily looking at her mehendi despite all this nonsense going on...👏
I hope she doesn't fight for Shyam's entry...Puhleege...I will loose respect for the so called "creative minds"🤢

I'm interested to see what CVs show from Garima's perspective, hoping they show it is a MU or that there is more to it than Arnav knows. I just don't think Garima is the other woman so to speak, doubt Shashi would have married her or support her now had that been the case.

Sari I would love the return of Manorama Bond, at least her character would be put to good use and we would see her being the protective mother she is fighting to expose him. It would be completely in character for her to do. Definately one way to help give this show the boost it needs

I don't want Khushi fighting for Shyam's entry either, I want it to be all Anjali and Dadi's doing.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Newbiesoapfan

Hope it gets through to the PH..they are extremely bull headed in taking feedback.

They were never like this before, so why ignore feedback now? Don't they realize their current track has done nothing for both the character and the actress?? Anjali was once a beloved character with an important role but now the majority of fans cannot stand Anjali ever since the DKS was introduced, that should be a huge wake up call to the PH. When feedback continues to be negative it is time to change things and go back to the way things were when TRPs were at their highest. We wanted the return of drama but not at the cost of Arnav and Khushi being sidelined or characters being destroyed
Edited by .Mandy. - 11 years ago
--Sari-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: .Mandy.

I'm interested to see what CVs show from Garima's perspective, hoping they show it is a MU or that there is more to it than Arnav knows. I just don't think Garima is the other woman so to speak, doubt Shashi would have married her or support her now had that been the case.

Sari I would love the return of Manorama Bond, at least her character would be put to good use and we would see her being the protective mother she is fighting to expose him. It would be completely in character for her to do. Definately one way to help give this show the boost it needs

I don't want Khushi fighting for Shyam's entry either, I want it to be all Anjali and Dadi's doing.

Mandy - Absolutely does not make sense for Khushi to fight for Shyam's return other than DKL. In fact, just the opposite coz she knows and has seen how dangerous he can be. Blindfolding Arnav and taking him to the jeep...Fighting with the gunda's...She has seen first hand Shyam tying her up and leaving her on the street to die a brutal death...So if they go there, it is a colossal failure in the plot. coz she should be connecting the dots and worry for Anji's safety...Let's see where they take this...

Manorama can act but is reduced to nothing...beats me...😕 Out of all the older ladies, she is the versatile one...she can be empathetic, she can be cruel, she can be nutty, she can be smart...but we see mostly nutty and cruel...🤢

Garima is just a pawn...dadi used her to hide some dark secrets...? maybe she was a informer, she told Arnav's mom w/o realizing the consequences? And indirectly responsible for the events...

Edited by --Sari-- - 11 years ago
paru_rox thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Apparently we are playing now 😛

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3180776

soapsuds thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Blast from the past is way better than the crap they show with Shyam...Torturing Anji mentally and physically on a daily basis...I accept the girl is weak and is susceptible to such treatment...There are men who did this on a daily basis too and there are women who tolerate it for whatever reasons...but why show it daily?

At least in Anji's duniya unlike other abused women, they can show it with a social message by making someone other than herself to fight for her. Maybe mami finding out what Shyam is up to...But here all women are dumb...& that I cannot buy...Time & again women have taken it to a new level, even in poverty...so I can't relate to this dumbness...

At least Khushi proved she is a normal girl, dreamily looking at her mehendi despite all this nonsense going on...👏
I hope she doesn't fight for Shyam's entry...Puhleege...I will loose respect for the so called "creative minds"🤢

Sari brace urself...coz I feel a certain someone's ego with its love for Shyam is sure taking this show down...and that ain't changing with a sharp rap on the knuckles by the powers that be.
No one is a worthy adversary for Shyam the way this is being written...and highlighted in the screenplay...dekhna hai to dekho...

hope they realize that no one wants to see so much evil on their TV sets everyday...real life has enough problems...without so much darkness in reel life too...it need not all be sunshine and light...but they are overdoing the villainy without any counter to it...its like good has no chance and no brains...evil will outsmart it everytime...sigh...sorry...the rant is still in me...
--Sari-- thumbnail

🤣

Nothing left to say about the show I guess...
😆

Hriju321 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

It is indeed a torture to see women potrayed as dumb and brainless in IPK where the producer with the vision is a woman herself. Anjali's character has been butchered beyond redemption...initially I had loved her bond with Arnav and her believing nature, but there is a limit to one's idiocy.She never ever picked up the clues of her husband's treachery where even a common illiterate gaon ki gori would have done. The miscarraige fiasco was aimed at garnering the audience's sympathy but I'm sorry to say..I did not feel much as I was frustrated with her actions.Which pregnant woman will walk on the glass shards for the second time...why did she not stop to clean her wounds...why did she not call for help...did she behave responsibly towards the baby...for me it is a big no.
I had some faith in Manorama mami during the kidnapping/manorama bond stuff but that too went down the drain.
Nani in the initial days was a true matriarch...nowadays reduced to cowering in front of dadi
Payal...the less said the better...cannot even complete her sentences...
Dadi,...full of self grandeur...cannot differntiate between right and wrong..does not even take the initiative to find out the truth...
Garima...cowering...
Buaji...better than the rest...lets see how it proceeds.

Khushi---my favourite,destiny's child with spunk,true goodness of heart. I just have one request for the CVs...please please don't mess with her character as she is the half that makes ASR whole...if ASR is the apple of Gul's eyes then Khushi must be the true Raizada/Mallik consort.
Edited by Hriju321 - 11 years ago
paru_rox thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: .Mandy.

This is where PH screwed up instead of calming fans down they only enraged fans more by saying this was always supposed to be DKS which could not be further from truth since right up until the kidnapping track it was solely Arnav and Khushi's story with the supporting characters playing supporting roles. I just saw the TRP breakdown, Wednesday's episode was the highest but the rest of the week was a rollercoaster ride. PH fails to see that the track focusing on Anjali is not clicking with viewers. Viewers want Arnav and Khushi back and one would think PH would want this show back on top considering its immense popularity worldwide. They can promote their other shows as much as they want but none have come close to the popularity of IPKKND so they should not neglect it.

IMO the PH has failed to work on something major  -- the "Feel Good" factor of the show. The TRP's jumped up post kidnapping was coz finally the viewers were sure that they would get some much coveted happiness in the Arnav-Khushi equation. That finally the leads would take their relationship forward & be happy for sometime atleast.
Instead what we got was an extended version of Jhalli all wilted & wallowing in self pity with the entire khandaan swarming over to her like bees to nectar. Where is the happiness? Admitted we need the drama and the gham but is a little bit of Khushi too much to ask for

Earlier with all that happening in the show whether Shyam's evil intentions towards Khushi, his attempts to murder Shashi Babua or his bigamy ... there were feel-good moments with the leads oozing chemistry; brilliant direction giving us a lead couple who would scorch the screen even when they were at their bitterest.

Can we at least have the chemistry back ... I will make my peace with the torture inflicted on my nerves by Jhalli & Daiyya ho. I will even try to bear *shudder* Deadly Dadi if the director can just get the leads to burn the screen again.

PS -- Thoughts might be disconnected coz am working on sumthing alongside ... just had to get it out.
--Sari-- thumbnail
Originally posted by: soapsuds

Sari brace urself...coz I feel a certain someone's ego with its love for Shyam is sure taking this show down...and that ain't changing with a sharp rap on the knuckles by the powers that be.
No one is a worthy adversary for Shyam the way this is being written...and highlighted in the screenplay...dekhna hai to dekho...

hope they realize that no one wants to see so much evil on their TV sets everyday...real life has enough problems...without so much darkness in reel life too...it need not all be sunshine and light...but they are overdoing the villainy without any counter to it...its like good has no chance and no brains...evil will outsmart it everytime...sigh...sorry...the rant is still in me...

Biraj - so right... what do we know? Only the "gyani's" understand the plot...We are 1-dimensional and good at what we do but making and understanding a run of the mill soap, only a handful of people get it...It isn't us...🤣

That seems to be the only defense they have...😆 Our educational background doesn't count, it is acquired knowledge...We need a higher IQ level to get this soap...🤣

soapsuds thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hriju321

It is indeed a torture to see women potrayed as dumb and brainless in IPK where the producer with the vision is a woman herself. Anjali's character has been butchered beyond redemption...initially I had loved her bond with Arnav and her believing nature, but there is a limit to one's idiocy.She never ever picked up the clues of her husband's treachery where even a common illiterate gaon ki gori would have done. The miscarraige fiasco was aimed at garnering the audience's sympathy but I'm sorry to say..I did not feel much as I was frustrated with her actions.Which pregnant woman will walk on the glass shards for the second time...why did she not stop to clean her wounds...why did she not call for help...did she behave responsibly towards the baby...for me it is a big no.
I had some faith in Manorama mami during the kidnapping/manorama bond stuff but that too went down the drain.
Nani in the initial days was a true matriarch...nowadays reduced to cowering in front of dadi
Payal...the less said the better...cannot even complete her sentences...
Dadi,...full of self grandeur...cannot differntiate between right and wrong..does not even take the initiative to find out the truth...
Garima...cowering...
Buaji...better than the rest...lets see how it proceeds.

Khushi---my favourite,destiny's child with spunk,true goodness of heart. I just have one request for the CVs...please please don't mess with her character as she is the half that makes ASR whole...if ASR is the apple of Gul's eyes then Khushi must be the true Raizada/Mallik consort.

I am afraid Khushi is also going to be sacrificed at the altar of Shyam...I hope I am wrong...but if Khushi prevails upon on ASR to let Shyam return or even attempts to do so...then there is no hope left for this show...Khushi of all the people in RM/GH knows first hand exactly what Shyam is capable of...how ruthless he can be and the lengths and depths he can go to...she has been eyewitness to it during the kidnapping track...if after all that Khushi is still gullible...then there is no help for Khushi...