India-Forums

Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain
Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain

But I can't ever be you Manvi...

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
'What do you think, will Jeevika be able to live without you? She won't. Even if I give her all the love & happiness in the world, I won't be able to take your place'.

A dialogue which pricked me for two reasons 1) From the Behna's perspective 2) From the Husband Viren's perspective.

1) Today I saw both sisters pleading Viren in their own ways for each others happiness. Jeevika was begging to terminate her child (a very very rare sight) to save Manvi. The words 'Meri behen mar jaayegi. Meri Manvi mar jaayegi' hit hard, very hard. Not just as a JeeMan fan but also as a sister hearing the words 'my sister will die' made me uncomfortable. On the other hand, Manvi in her poorly state, apologizes on her Di's behalf for loving her to no extent. She excused her Di's carelessness towards her personal life, her own health, her husband and her unborn. She made her jiju promise to look after her Di after she leaves and even though deep down she knows its impossible, she wants that assurance that her sister will be ok after she leaves. The two sisters had barely any screentime together but the depth of their love was so obvious today. Maybe if they had a choice to put others before each other then things wouldn't be so complicated but that's the thing...they don't have a choice.

2) 'Even if I give her all the love & happiness in the world, I won't be able to take your place'

I felt a hidden sadness of a husband in this line too. He loves Jeevika unconditionally, he has stood by her through thick and thin yet he knows he will always be second fiddle to Manvi. He will never have that place which Manvi has in Jeevika's life because the love she has for her sister cannot compare even if he puts the love of the entire world at her feet. Very very few men would accept to be the second fiddle in their wife's life (including their own children) but Viren has succumbed to it.

Edited by *Reemz* - 04 September 2012 at 3:39pm

The following 31 member(s) liked the above post:

AshiraniaangeldhaalChastidyKryanian08slovearmaanscreen22nazsheikhjs1234nrithyao_Sara_Captain_Pariakku8910Amii90applenpeachesathniamanviShona1907..Ankita....Gowri..preetipccurrentpreity_dAisha.Delena-cious*Eva*Neha.K.-Sara.ani_gra2zahid....Poojie.....Sumi....Jes...

-Sara. IF-Sizzlerz
-Sara.
-Sara.

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
It was indeed an great dialogue. It really made me emotional. The undying love both Maanvi and Jeevika have for each other is unforgettable.
They both care for each other in different ways.
Btw Bang on post!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

current*Reemz*

screen22 Senior Member
screen22
screen22

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
This post is so bang on, how will the two sisters live without each other?

Nothing will take the place of a lost sister, heaven forbid that it happens but how does one live?

No matter how much love viren gives jeevika, he will not give the love of maanvi,

Your post kind of pull at the heart strings, well writtenClapClapClap

current*Reemz*

Neha.K. IF-Sizzlerz
Neha.K.
Neha.K.

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
Smile

Now i will have a good sleep...  thankuuu for this...
As always your post made me feel all Goody goody :)
lub u beeji
todays epi was seriously one of the solid episodes with such a brilliant and heart wrenching scenes... :):):)

cant write more, m replying frm my cell :(

akku8910*Reemz*

current IF-Rockerz
current
current

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
The beauty was the perspective...each have their own place and none can supplant the other..

The behna bonding is special because JV has been a near mom to Maanvi ..so her child rather than her Behna can take the place first and foremost in her affections..

The fact being ...Ek hazaroon ..mein Yeh Behna ..WHY??because it is not a regular sis bonding but that of it being far far more..of a protector..of a parent..esp when JV has been groomed to look after her lil sis..

That said and done..Viren is not a second fiddle ..He has his own place...After marriage ..he was always first on JV's mind..even the fact when she cut the cake ..She was torn ...indecision overtook her ...had he been second fiddle she would have without hesitation given her maanvi  the cake..

Because She gives him his due status..and respect...He respects her too and loves those she loves..

and hats off for making it sooo believable..and real..spot on acting there..

Lovely post...Clap...

Edited by current - 04 September 2012 at 4:29pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nrithyaosennareni*Reemz*

*Reemz* IF-Stunnerz
*Reemz*
*Reemz*

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by current

The beauty was the perspective...each have their own place and none can supplant the other..

The behna bonding is special because JV has been a near mom to Maanvi ..so her child rather than her Behna can take the place first and foremost in her affections..

The fact being ...Ek hazaroon ..mein Yeh Behna ..WHY??because it is not a regular sis bonding but that of it being far far more..of a protector..of a parent..esp when JV has been groomed to look after her lil sis..

That said and done..Viren is not a second fiddle ..He has his own place...After marriage ..he was always first on JV's mind..even the fact when she cut the cake ..She was torn ...indecision overtook her ...had he been second fiddle she would have without hesitation given her maanvi  the cake..

Because She gives him his due status..and respect...He respects her too and loves those she loves..

and hats off for making it sooo believable..and real..spot on acting there..

Lovely post...Clap...
Of course Viren has his own place and Jeevika gives him the utmost respect but even Viren himself admits that Manvi is the most important person in Jeevika's life. I remember KT's interview before the show began and he said something similar along the lines of how he plays a character who comes second for his own wife.

Thanks for the replies :))
preity_d IF-Sizzlerz
preity_d
preity_d

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 2:10am | IP Logged
the episode was really emotional
now when i was reading your post "meri behen mar jayegi  meri manvi mar jayegi"
my eyes starts raining Cry Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*Reemz*

Ashirania Senior Member
Ashirania
Ashirania

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Awesome post..very nice way of putting it...nd that one line from jeevika was enuf to make my eyes pour...god...being a sister myself it just hit home...hard...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

...Jes...

Go to top