India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Such Piety and Pomposity

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Good evening my beauties. How are you on this fine Tuesday evening?Well and dandy I hope.
I am here once again in pure ignorance of the state of affairs in a home in the Indian subcontinent
A woman who disappears for years on end abandonding her very young family in the  throes of a tragic event mourning their parents returns after years of abscence.
Only to find her young grandchildren are now mature ( this is of course rather debatable),grown up and conducting their lifes as they see fit.
Obviously one would imagine this to be no surprise to this vanishing Dadi but we are talking about an Indian drama serial and what do I know about the customs, traditions and what's acceptable and what is not

She flounces back in to dictate to her grandchildren about the rights and wrongs in their decision making of daily life. This is perfectly normal and acceptable?
Or is she merely an over aggressive, interfering boot of a battle axe who thinks she knows it all?
I am rather bemused and flummoxed why anyone would give this haridan house room never mind tolerate her overbearing, over zealous and rather cutting criticisms towards a grand son she had abandoned for many a year
Does Nani not have far more authority, love, understanding and compassion to undertake such a task as to reprimand or guide her grandchildren who she obviously has dedicated and devoted time and love on
Who the dickens does this ghastly dadi think she is. How does one respect and listen to someone who was never been there in the first place to cherish these children when they needed her most
Has she not forfeited those rights by her very act of gross neglect , deserting,utterly forsaking and casting away her grandchildren in their hour of need and rather critical time of their life?
How dare she?
What injustice?
What arrogance?
What pompous self importance of oneself?
Such piety and pomposity is most unbecoming and undesirable

Do you not agree my beauties?
Maybe you don't
Either way carpe diem and take it away and share you thoughts
In the meantime have a wonderful Wednesday

Edited by enigma17 - 04 September 2012 at 2:41pm

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

auntiejiFaiminashilpi_isscagirlMaverick29meshasEmerald-kitty25AmazingAmyJaponicaafsuuSeerialLoopsEXPELLIARMUSsareeta.x-bumblebee-x.GodhuliLogon

meshas Goldie
meshas
meshas

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
This was exactly my question, how dare she come back after 14 years and dictate terms, where was she 14 years back, her self righteousness is rather nauseating, double standards, she may be Daadi, so what, when it is convinient she dissappears?Angry

I can't connect with this Daadi character, she just irritates me to the core.

If I were Arnav, wouln't tolarate her, and make it very clear who is the boss in this house.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kitty25enigma17

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meshas

This was exactly my question, how dare she come back after 14 years and dictate terms, where was she 14 years back, her self righteousness is rather nauseating, double standards, she may be Daadi, so what, when it is convinient she dissappears?Angry

I can't connect with this Daadi character, she just irritates me to the core.

If I were Arnav, wouln't tolarate her, and make it very clear who is the boss in this house.
Surprising aspect is also ASR accomodating her and her wilful tongue
This man makes his own rules and lives by his own rules so what is his reluctance in showing Dadi the door?
Duty?
It surely cannot be love as they both seem rather ascerbic in their cutting comments to each other
afsuu IF-Rockerz
afsuu
afsuu

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
She is taking trainning in lion den now come for roar
EXPELLIARMUS IF-Rockerz
EXPELLIARMUS
EXPELLIARMUS

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:43pm | IP Logged
To my mind,Dadi is the outsider, and Nani should have authority over Shantivan. For the simple fact that,were it not for her, ASR would probably not be where he is today. The CVs however,in their never ending quest for ridiculous drama,have decided to give Dadi the upper hand,and put her on Shyams side as well.
Nothing makes sense anymore. No energy left to rant either. So I will just copy some general observations about the show that I posted on another thread.
I am all ranted out about IPK vs DKS, Anjali vs Khushi, lovers vs siblings etc..
However,I do have one question.
WHY???
Why would anyone take a beautifully crafted,nuanced love story and turn it into some crap about Di and her saut?
Why would you take the focus away from arguably the best on screen chemistry on television, and instead concentrate on the best twitching/crying ever?
Why would anyone not continue the kind of storytelling that brought them 4+ TRPs?
Why would anyone take away the subtle touches that made this show unique?

Does this give them creative satisfation to twist their own story so much that it doesnt bear any resemblance to the original show that brought us to it from all over the world?
Does it even make any kind of business sense?

I am genuinely baffled,because I just dont understand why someone could destroy something that was so wonderful.
These days,watching old scenes on YT no longer entertains me. It just makes me sad, for what could have been.
And I ask myself again, Why??

kitty25enigma17

kitty25 Goldie
kitty25
kitty25

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:53pm | IP Logged
totally i agree with you...after neglecting her grand children for so many years what right she has with them?.none...and why this nani's taking back seat and letting this dadi rule this rm people?...Disapprove

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

enigma17

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by EXPELLIARMUS

To my mind,Dadi is the outsider, and Nani should have authority over Shantivan. For the simple fact that,were it not for her, ASR would probably not be where he is today. The CVs however,in their never ending quest for ridiculous drama,have decided to give Dadi the upper hand,and put her on Shyams side as well.
Nothing makes sense anymore. No energy left to rant either. So I will just copy some general observations about the show that I posted on another thread.
I am all ranted out about IPK vs DKS, Anjali vs Khushi, lovers vs siblings etc..
However,I do have one question.
WHY???
Why would anyone take a beautifully crafted,nuanced love story and turn it into some crap about Di and her saut?
Why would you take the focus away from arguably the best on screen chemistry on television, and instead concentrate on the best twitching/crying ever?
Why would anyone not continue the kind of storytelling that brought them 4+ TRPs?
Why would anyone take away the subtle touches that made this show unique?

Does this give them creative satisfation to twist their own story so much that it doesnt bear any resemblance to the original show that brought us to it from all over the world?
Does it even make any kind of business sense?

I am genuinely baffled,because I just dont understand why someone could destroy something that was so wonderful.
These days,watching old scenes on YT no longer entertains me. It just makes me sad, for what could have been.
And I ask myself again, Why??
Absolutely agree about Dadi being the outsider who persists on intruding into her grandchildrens' personal lifes. the woman is a lunatic.

This is not the same show we started out with. Its changed beyond recognition. Astounding how they have altered the characterisations of the two leads and also keep on adding people who have no relevance to the storyline. All it has ever done is to be laboriously tedious and boring and the storyline being dragged out with no connection to anything.

I am rapidly losing interest

kitty25EXPELLIARMUS

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kitty25

totally i agree with you...after neglecting her grand children for so many years what right she has with them?.none...and why this nani's taking back seat and letting this dadi rule this rm people?...Disapprove
Good question. No one stands up to this demon with her hand actions. I would find that rather annoying and vexing

kitty25EXPELLIARMUS

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index