India-Forums

Suggestions / Comments
Suggestions / Comments

Theft of Intellectual Property

Xarina Coolbie
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Yep.  That's right.  How many times have some of our updaters put in so much time and energy to post an update to their favourite serial only to find out that someone has pinched their hard work and posted it on another site, claiming it to be on their own.  This goes for writers of fan fictions too.

Is there any way that a watermark could be incorporated into the posts which is visible and non transferable. This could be anything from an IF logo embedded into the page behind the text or the creators name.   Anyone lifting someone else's work would not be able to edit or pass it off as their own.  I know that it is possible to create the watermark in a word document but previous attempts to put it into an IF post or pm have failed.  Can this work?  Can the dev team have a think and work something out?  Is this just a mad idea?  Confused?  Try being me for 10 minutes LOL

Apologies if this has already been put before.  But anything is worth a try.  Thanks for reading.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinKilike_tvbasuanasuyaShaunSAswasthi.DontKnow.-Eris-

Ishan. IF-Sizzlerz
Ishan.
Ishan.

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Everything has been tried and tested. The last resort which we thought was having a watermark on the updates but the thieves took a screenshot of the update, shamelessly blurred I-F's logo and placed their own logo and posted on their website as their own update. So these guys have a lot of time to steal someone's work and pass it on as their own but even after stealing and posting updates on their sites, anyone hardly visits those sites. LOLLOL

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

MahinKXarinaShaunSAswasthiVishaD..DontKnow.-Stutz-Autumn.-Jwalamukhi-The.Lannistersnowflake.Tony_StraK786

Xarina Coolbie
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 12:16am | IP Logged
Thanks for the reply Ishan.  I wasn't sure if the team had looked into this before, hence the post.   How about updates and ffs posted as PDF files.  They can't be edited once posted?  

Shin Chan was such a naughty character. Smile  Your profile pic just brought all those memories back.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShaunSA

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index