Posted: 04 September 2012 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jhalak29

@ Erika

Hindu mythology has 3 main gods

1) brahma -- creator
2) Vishnu-- manager
3) Shiva-- he is the destroyer
 n shiva destroys the eveil when it tks over the world
 his wife parvati one day was going to bath n he wasnt at home, she takes the dirt from her body and makes a baby boy n puts him at the door to gaurd, she tells him not to let anyone in
lord shiva coms back the child stops him n he cuts his head at the rude behavior and when the mother comes she cries n tells the husband to make the child alive they cannt find the head and he sends his assistants everywhere but he fail n in the end he says any mother whi doesnt hv the child in her vision u can get the head of that child n they donot find any mother like that only a she elephant is found sleeping with the back to the baby
they tk his head n place on boys body n mother agn cries taht no one will value my kid bcz he half elephant
lord shiva blesses the kid to be praised n worshiped before any new or auspicious occasion so  as far as i know to make him happy sometimes they offer him green grass which is 3 petal n rare so i think tant mentioned it like thta will wait for her thoughts

@Jhalak never heard this version of the story...I have read all these...
mostly Gajasura is the most common as I have heard it as Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated at home every year. Thanks for sharing!Smile

Edited by shreya_l - 04 September 2012 at 1:59pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JRiaJhalak29sonia_1

coolgal270 IF-Rockerz
coolgal270
coolgal270

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Updated on Page 1 Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

joyvgshreya_lJhalak29sonia_1

Jhalak29 IF-Rockerz
Jhalak29
Jhalak29

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shreya_l

@ Erika

1) brahma -- creator
2) Vishnu-- manager
 his wife parvati one day was going to bath n he wasnt at home, she takes the dirt from her body and makes a baby boy n puts him at the door to gaurd, she tells him not to let anyone in
lord shiva coms back the child stops him n he cuts his head at the rude behavior and when the mother comes she cries n tells the husband to make the child alive they cannt find the head and he sends his assistants everywhere but he fail n in the end he says any mother whi doesnt hv the child in her vision u can get the head of that child n they donot find any mother like that only a she elephant is found sleeping with the back to the baby
they tk his head n place on boys body n mother agn cries taht no one will value my kid bcz he half elephant
lord shiva blesses the kid to be praised n worshiped before any new or auspicious occasion so  as far as i know to make him happy sometimes they offer him green grass which is 3 petal n rare so i think tant mentioned it like thta will wait for her thoughts

@Jhalak never heard this version of the story...Ihave read all these...mostly Gajasura is the most common as I have heard it as Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated at home every year. Thanks for sharing!Smile
Shreya my granny n our panditji told this always, infact he said that in this yug which is the last yug only two gods will hold imp its ganesha n devi maiya

@ Erika, did u get it,  the idea abt vinayak mean

Edited by Jhalak29 - 04 September 2012 at 2:00pm

Arnav_Khushifanshreya_lJRia

shreya_l IF-Dazzler
shreya_l
shreya_l

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:04pm | IP Logged

@ Erika

1) brahma -- creator
2) Vishnu-- manager

@Jhalak never heard this version of the story...Ihave read all these...mostly Gajasura is the most common as I have heard it as Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated at home every year. Thanks for sharing!Smile
Shreya my granny n our panditji told this always, infact he said that in this yug which is the last yug only two gods will hold imp its ganesha n devi maiya

@ did u get it,  the idea abt vinayak mean

I forgot to mention the link in the previous post...here are the other stories

@ Red I did not understand... let me check Tanthya's post. Lord Ganesha's names have a meaning and a story behind each name... Will have to check Smile

JRiavasirajuJhalak29

Jhalak29 IF-Rockerz
Jhalak29
Jhalak29

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:06pm | IP Logged

@ Erika

1) brahma -- creator
2) Vishnu-- manager

@ did u get it,  the idea abt vinayak mean

I forgot to mention the link in the previous post...here are the other stories

@ Red I did not understand... let me check Tanthya's post. Lord Ganesha's names have a meaning and a story behind each name... Will have to check Smile
the red was for erika, forgot to put  her name, hv amended now, his 108 names hv story but I beleive guha is the green crass which is specail which is offered him

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shreya_lJRia

mars80 Senior Member
mars80
mars80

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:06pm | IP Logged

@ Erika

1) brahma -- creator

2) Vishnu-- manager

lord shiva blesses the kid to be praised n worshiped before any new or auspicious occasion so as far as i know to make him happy sometimes they offer him green grass which is 3 petal n rare so i think tant mentioned it like thta will wait for her thoughts

So is ganesh supposed to be shiva s child? oh yeah another thing when they were celebrating janmashtami (sorry if im spelling it incorrectly) u guys talked abt krishna too so if there r only three gods then whos krishna plus didnt khushi prayed to another god for arnavs safety while he was kidnapped i think twas mahadev so what is he supposed to be? Sorry i dont mean to be disrespectful n im not either...just curious so asking...hoping no offence taken by ne of the believers here :-) n for the reference is asr playing the role of ganesh i.e. protecting n all n the othe term does that mean green grass?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Erika1joyvgshreya_lJRiaJhalak29rulamatanthya

Hkrajan IF-Dazzler
Hkrajan
Hkrajan

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Bookmarking :)

Erika1shreya_lRJXX

shreya_l IF-Dazzler
shreya_l
shreya_l

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
@ Jhalak ...Getting off topic...there are lot of patri (leaves and grass) that is offered to Lord Ganesha ...the grass is Uttareni, Durva and others...there is a list of 21 such offerings...Durva ( Desmostachya bipinnata is considered one of the sacred ones...actually it has medicinal properties.Smile

Edited by shreya_l - 04 September 2012 at 2:23pm

Erika1Jhalak29sonia_1

Go to top