Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
@ Erika

Hindu mythology has 3 main gods

1) brahma -- creator
2) Vishnu-- manager
3) Shiva-- he is the destroyer
 n shiva destroys the eveil when it tks over the world
 his wife parvati one day was going to bath n he wasnt at home, she takes the dirt from her body and makes a baby boy n puts him at the door to gaurd, she tells him not to let anyone in
lord shiva coms back the child stops him n he cuts his head at the rude behavior and when the mother comes she cries n tells the husband to make the child alive they cannt find the head and he sends his assistants everywhere but he fail n in the end he says any mother whi doesnt hv the child in her vision u can get the head of that child n they donot find any mother like that only a she elephant is found sleeping with the back to the baby
they tk his head n place on boys body n mother agn cries taht no one will value my kid bcz he half elephant
lord shiva blesses the kid to be praised n worshiped before any new or auspicious occasion so  as far as i know to make him happy sometimes they offer him green grass which is 3 petal n rare so i think tant mentioned it like thta will wait for her thoughts
shreya_l thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Erika1

Jhalak, what is this @blue?

Thanks for the link, I saw that but understood nothing,๐Ÿ˜†

Hi Erika and Jhalak๐Ÿค—
@ Erika both are Hindi words๐Ÿ˜Š
@Jhalak it is Gudha (which is also written as Guha) ๐Ÿ˜Š How are you now? Fever down hua ke nahin?
Jhalak29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shreya_l

Hi Erika and Jhalak๐Ÿค—
@ Erika both are Hindi words๐Ÿ˜Š
@Jhalak it is Gudha (which is also written as Guha) ๐Ÿ˜Š How are you now? Fever down hua ke nahin?

Thank u Shreya for confirming the word guha i was thinking its the green grass which is offered to ganesha,,,n yes its up n dwn with medicine it goes dwn  but is back after a couple of hrs
shreya_l thumbnail

Originally posted by: Jhalak29

@ Erika

1) brahma -- creator
2) Vishnu-- manager
 his wife parvati one day was going to bath n he wasnt at home, she takes the dirt from her body and makes a baby boy n puts him at the door to gaurd, she tells him not to let anyone in
lord shiva coms back the child stops him n he cuts his head at the rude behavior and when the mother comes she cries n tells the husband to make the child alive they cannt find the head and he sends his assistants everywhere but he fail n in the end he says any mother whi doesnt hv the child in her vision u can get the head of that child n they donot find any mother like that only a she elephant is found sleeping with the back to the baby
they tk his head n place on boys body n mother agn cries taht no one will value my kid bcz he half elephant
lord shiva blesses the kid to be praised n worshiped before any new or auspicious occasion so  as far as i know to make him happy sometimes they offer him green grass which is 3 petal n rare so i think tant mentioned it like thta will wait for her thoughts

@Jhalak never heard this version of the story...I have read all these...
mostly Gajasura is the most common as I have heard it as Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated at home every year. Thanks for sharing!๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by shreya_l - 11 years ago
Jhalak29 thumbnail

@Jhalak never heard this version of the story...Ihave read all these...mostly Gajasura is the most common as I have heard it as Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated at home every year. Thanks for sharing!๐Ÿ˜Š

Shreya my granny n our panditji told this always, infact he said that in this yug which is the last yug only two gods will hold imp its ganesha n devi maiya

@ Erika, did u get it,  the idea abt vinayak mean
Edited by Jhalak29 - 11 years ago
shreya_l thumbnail

Shreya my granny n our panditji told this always, infact he said that in this yug which is the last yug only two gods will hold imp its ganesha n devi maiya

@ did u get it,  the idea abt vinayak mean

I forgot to mention the link in the previous post...here are the other stories

@ Red I did not understand... let me check Tanthya's post. Lord Ganesha's names have a meaning and a story behind each name... Will have to check ๐Ÿ˜Š
Jhalak29 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shreya_l

I forgot to mention the link in the previous post...here are the other stories

@ Red I did not understand... let me check Tanthya's post. Lord Ganesha's names have a meaning and a story behind each name... Will have to check ๐Ÿ˜Š

the red was for erika, forgot to put  her name, hv amended now, his 108 names hv story but I beleive guha is the green crass which is specail which is offered him
mars80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

@ Erika

1) brahma -- creator

2) Vishnu-- manager

lord shiva blesses the kid to be praised n worshiped before any new or auspicious occasion so as far as i know to make him happy sometimes they offer him green grass which is 3 petal n rare so i think tant mentioned it like thta will wait for her thoughts

So is ganesh supposed to be shiva s child? oh yeah another thing when they were celebrating janmashtami (sorry if im spelling it incorrectly) u guys talked abt krishna too so if there r only three gods then whos krishna plus didnt khushi prayed to another god for arnavs safety while he was kidnapped i think twas mahadev so what is he supposed to be? Sorry i dont mean to be disrespectful n im not either...just curious so asking...hoping no offence taken by ne of the believers here :-) n for the reference is asr playing the role of ganesh i.e. protecting n all n the othe term does that mean green grass?
shreya_l thumbnail
@ Jhalak ...Getting off topic...there are lot of patri (leaves and grass) that is offered to Lord Ganesha ...the grass is Uttareni, Durva and others...there is a list of 21 such offerings...Durva ( Desmostachya bipinnata is considered one of the sacred ones...actually it has medicinal properties.๐Ÿ˜Š Edited by shreya_l - 11 years ago