India-Forums

Byah Hamari Bahu Ka
Byah Hamari Bahu Ka

WHAT?!?!? What is going on here?!?!?

ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
I will start by saying that I am new to this show and this forum.  I probably will not continue to watch this show but needed to make this post to get something off my chest.  My intent isn't to offend anyone but to raise questions about the show and what it is trying to say and what it said to me. 

Second thing I will confess before going on  (so that you don't have to ask me) is that I made a few mistakes this past weekend which I should have known better.

Mistake number one -  I was on the Sony Video site trying to catch up on another show and accidentally clicked on this show (mistake 1a) and when it looked good I continued to watch (mistake 1b).

Mistake number two - I should have known better that I wouldn't like this show longterm by the name but it was interesting.   I convinced myself that the "Byaa of the bahu" part had already happened when Krish (love that name) married Rajani.

Mistake number three - Gaurav.  He is okay looking but his smile..oh his smile is devastating! His smile is a weapon that should come with a warning.  I couldn't stop myself and continued to watch against my better judgement.

Even though I spent most of the weekend watching old episodes, which are lovely, I can't go on.  I don't like this. 

How can Krish give up the love of his life?

I understand it is because of a child but he was born through surrogacy.  He already had a mother who died.  Life happens...people die and you need to go on.  Adults around the child need to explain the realities of life and help him understand.  Children around the world lose parents all the time and need to learn to accept it.  You can't take someone else to be your mother.  I know this is an unique situation but the focus should be about teaching the child the realities of life instead of taking from someone to give to another.

Why do Indian movies and tv want to  perpetuate the myth that life is all about the children.  What about the heart of the woman.  I am a mother perhaps can't understand the reality of surrogacy but if something happened to me I wouldn't want to break someone else's marriage to give my children a mother.  That doesn't make any sense. 

I know on tv they show the idea that children always stay with parents but that is not the case.  The reality is that once they grow up they start their own lives, they go off to university, then they have friends, then they get married.  The parents are still the parents but they have other people in their lives,t the children's lives don't revolve around the parents or the other way around.   After Aryan grows up what is Rajani going to be left with?  An empty life with a husband that she doesn't love?  Regardless of what they show on these shows you don't just fall in and out of love. Rajani is not going to ever forget Krish and the circumstances in which she got married to Yash.  After the kids are grown and move on with their lives .. the parents are left with each other...if there is love and the relationship is good then the rest of your life is also good.  But what will Rajani be left with?  Nothing! 

Once you marry the love of your life and then you start a life together...the idea that you can just divorce each other and start a life with someone else for the sake of a child ... it doesn't make sense.  What they are showing is completely ludicrous!  If Krish broke up with Rajani before they got married to marry Yash that would be fine.  But now it is too late.  You can't do.

What does everyone else on the forum think?  Am I wrong?  Is this not the most ridiculous idea you have ever heard of?? How can Krish have convinced Rajani to go along with the idea after a short conversation?  She is the love of his life!  She is the other half of him! How can he ask her to do this? 

Edited by Shell16 - 04 September 2012 at 12:12pm

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

chillout_821SeforajihadulgenduclassyjasBvfan123mistybluePravessbh1smiley1000heart1jasmine477prernacdasummikhanhinzlakshmHawttInBlackGKThinker_Bellessroomani_Invincible_rahmona_pakswesathuraj

prernacda Goldie
prernacda
prernacda

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
excellent post and reflects my sentiments...rajanis character is so weak and spineless..not sure i want to watch...
she had the child as a surrogate mom and gave him up...no issues or mamta jagrofying for all these years...and suddenly the mother dies and she cant live without him for a day...

this is too ludicrous...her acting is not that great, compared to gaurav...and so nosy and judgemental...so let her move on...how could she agree to it...child is emotionally blackmailing them all and when is faiba going to leave...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

SeforajihadulgendumistybluehinzThinker_BelleShellJAssroomaniHawttInBlackGKrahmona_pakswe

ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prernacda

excellent post and reflects my sentiments...rajanis character is so weak and spineless..not sure i want to watch...
she had the child as a surrogate mom and gave him up...no issues or mamta jagrofying for all these years...and suddenly the mother dies and she cant live without him for a day...

this is too ludicrous...her acting is not that great, compared to gaurav...and so nosy and judgemental...so let her move on...how could she agree to it...child is emotionally blackmailing them all and when is faiba going to leave...

Thank you!  I thought it was me.  I will say I didn't watch all the episodes so can't comment on everything.  But what I did watch didn't make sense.  How can Rajani go along with this...there was no conflict in her about her decision! 

It is not just the acting but it is the writing that is at fault here.  Rajani's character is not realistic. 

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

spgamerjihadulgenduhinzThinker_BellessroomaniHawttInBlackGKrahmona_pakswe

ssroomani IF-Rockerz
ssroomani
ssroomani

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:30pm | IP Logged

@Shell16, welcome to the forum!

You are not the only one outraged at what is being shown...and this is supposedly a show with a social message!

These things have been discussed a lot on the forum...just go through some of the threads...most of us tired of what is being shown!

In fact, I am a Gaurav fan too, but I stopped watching and may even stop reading updates soon!    

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

jihadulgenduclassyjasBvfan123desi5555hinzThinker_BelleShellJAHawttInBlackGK

jihadulgendu Newbie
jihadulgendu
jihadulgendu

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
completely agree with u...
the track is totally illogical and doesn't make any sense at all... it is totally impossible in real life...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hinzThinker_BelleShellJA

Thinker_Belle IF-Rockerz
Thinker_Belle
Thinker_Belle

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

I'm totally with you on the smile comment... I saw him smile in a promo some two and a half years ago, and I'm still reeling from the after effects Big smile

As for the show,  just forget about logic, and you'll be able to watch... if at all you want to watch.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PraveshinzShellJAssroomaniHawttInBlackGKrahmona_pakswe

ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ssroomani

@Shell16, welcome to the forum!

You are not the only one outraged at what is being shown...and this is supposedly a show with a social message!

These things have been discussed a lot on the forum...just go through some of the threads...most of us tired of what is being shown!

In fact, I am a Gaurav fan too, but I stopped watching and may even stop reading updates soon!    

Thanks for the welcome.  Unfortunately I won't be staying.   Sorry didn't look through the old posts...I just needed get my thoughts out there. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hinzssroomani

ShellJA IF-Rockerz
ShellJA
ShellJA

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Thinker_Belle

I'm totally with you on the smile comment... I saw him smile in a promo some two and a half years ago, and I'm still reeling from the after effects Big smile

As for the show,  just forget about logic, and you'll be able to watch... if at all you want to watch.

@thinker_bell (cute)

Gaurav is wonderful...I like that smile Embarrassed but he is also a wonderful actor.  Too bad he is in this show.  I don't think I can turn off the brain...In the past I have watched lots of shows that were terrible which probably kllled more brain cells than I can afford to lose...but this show is heading for heartbreak and I can't participate...even for the pretty face/smile. 

Edited by Shell16 - 04 September 2012 at 2:54pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

PravesprernacdahinzsiumiThinker_Bellessroomani

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index