India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

Count your blessings while you can!

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:05am | IP Logged
This has nothing to do with the show directly. It is the story of a friend of mine. Something that I wanted to share here. Because it is about marriage and conflict!

My best friend had a bad marriage. Her husband abused her emotionally but she stayed with him out of a sense of duty and for her two children. After a decade or so of marriage, he started changing. He started being more caring and loving towards her and the children. However, she told me that she found herself unable to respond because there was too much of bitterness in her by then. A couple of years later, he was killed in a car crash. My friend bore her loss very well and remained strong in front of her family. However, she broke down before me in private. Apart from her parents, I was the only one who knew of her abusive marriage. However, when she broke down and cried, she told me she wished she had known there was not much time left. She would have then let go of her resentment and tried to enjoy the brief moments of happiness left. Now, she was left only with memories of the abuse and her own regret at not having been able to forgive him and respond to his overtures when she could have. Wonder why it is that we learn our lessons but never on time? Why does it have to take loss to teach us to count our blessings while we can?!

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ssktlkBinatAkhdaKhabroosharma.shivaniSSA777vidyasabdeRoza_DUBlushsarikashobha21RainbowSunttrocks

Blushsarika IF-Dazzler
Blushsarika
Blushsarika

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:21am | IP Logged
Coz this is human nature , we learn from our mistakes only , till we realize our mistake on our own we humans normally don't pay heed to advice of others.

This is life , and it will go on like this . But why it happens is a million dollar question.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SSA777shobha21Sujatha.rao

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Blushsarika

Coz this is human nature , we learn from our mistakes only , till we realize our mistake on our own we humans normally don't pay heed to advice of others.

This is life , and it will go on like this . But why it happens is a million dollar question.

Sarika,. having seen my friend's pain first hand, I can't help wonder when I see couples fight over silly things...do they even know what they have and what they stand to lose...sigh!

SSA777Blushsarikashobha21

zoya_naziya IF-Rockerz
zoya_naziya
zoya_naziya

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 11:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujatha.rao

Sarika,. having seen my friend's pain first hand, I can't help wonder when I see couples fight over silly things...do they even know what they have and what they stand to lose...sigh!

i guess today's youth are more self-centered...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sujatha.raoshobha21

ssktlk Senior Member
ssktlk
ssktlk

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
You're right Sujatha, life is so short, in such times we realize why waste time in petty tiffs. Even if not petty, nothing is bigger than life itself. No trouble is worth losing a life for. Wish we really count our blessings while we have them. nice post.

Sujatha.raoshobha21

Blushsarika IF-Dazzler
Blushsarika
Blushsarika

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:17pm | IP Logged

We get to know the real value of person in our life when that person goes away from our life forever . Till that person is with us we take him and his feelings for granted. That's why I don't keep any kind of grudges. My only problem is I don't make first move to talk to that person . But if that person talks to me , I welcome him or her with my heart.
Life is too short , we should be happy and spread happiness.

It's sad people don't think like this .

Sujatha.raozoya_naziyashobha21

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

We get to know the real value of person in our life when that person goes away from our life forever . Till that person is with us we take him and his feelings for granted. That's why I don't keep any kind of grudges. My only problem is I don't make first move to talk to that person . But if that person talks to me , I welcome him or her with my heart.
Life is too short , we should be happy and spread happiness.

It's sad people don't think like this .

A very funny thing happened to me today...a friend whom I had not spoken to for three years called me...she had hurt me badly over something...you could even say it was a kind of betrayal...she went behind my back and grabbed a business opportunity...and I got to know about it from someone else...we had not spoken since then...

Today, she called me out of the blue...I don't know but we just got talking...neither of us spoke about the past...at the end of it, I could not help myself from inviting her home...just like that we buried the past without even a sorry!

fanktlkzoya_naziyashobha21

ttrocks IF-Stunnerz
ttrocks
ttrocks

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
TFS Sujathaji. Sorry to hear about your friend and her sad story. God bless her.

That's why the saying :"Forgive and forget and you will never regret" It's hard for women to forget the bitterness of a bad marriage, but, dont know why, nature puts women to go thru it. All the sage say, bury the past and dont worry about future, live in today, like there's no tomorrow.

Edited by ttrocks - 04 September 2012 at 9:16pm

SSA777shobha21

Go to top