Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Gauri's pregnancy results... (Page 6)

shamar Newbie
shamar
shamar

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 8:56am | IP Logged
@ manismat and vamita.

We really dont know the reason why she wants it at this stage. Before she was hit and lost conciousness, as aparnauma pointed out - she was thinking of what all happened between her and jagat and so on - any women in her place, despite whatever she had done , would be feeling upset, depressed , even angry . Now if on regaining conciousness she is suddenly confronted by the news of her pregnancy, she would ofcourse initially instinctively react against it ...

I am concerned that without even knowing her reasons, her mental state, everyone just jumped to the conclusion that she's just being selfish, revengeful etc ...BV writers till now have steered clear of painting anyone only as black and i hope they will not just show it in a way that only destroy's her character further. If jagat who was primarily responsible for most of what happened  can still be redeemed, why can't she??
and incidentally i'm really surprised that nobody thought that jagat was also responsible for being careless here if gauri was so- because a man should also be careful in not  making a woman pregnant accidentally. He could also have taken due precautions !!

And i'm shocked by the deeply moralistic comments once again by so many others for whom G is no more than a vamp and a trollop and an object of ridicule instead of being an ordinary woman who might be guilty of wrong actions ut is neverthless still a human being.

Also even if we assume that she's being selfish ( though its quite natural to atleast iitially react like that when a man who's been your lover for 7 long years abandons you like this after publicly humiliating you , and i repeat if she was guilty of wrongdoing , J was far more guilty)- even if she's being selfish and wanting to kill the child as revenge - i'd much rather she aborts the child than give birth to it with such sentiments...

and lastly i do not think women who want to build their careers, their lives, and want children only at a later stage and still get accidentally pregnant - do not have a right to go for abortion - men never face such dilemmas for they are not the ones who have to carry the child for 9 months, give birth, be there initially for the child etc.   Our society still continues to be moralistic about these decisions though as if only men have  a right to think about their careers. So if a woman wants to decide the timing of when and whether she wants a child at all - it her decision .  I repeat - Much better to abort  than bring an unloved child into this world.

While i could relate to your confusion vamita and understand your wondering aout it all, i just wish so many had not  not raced to the conclusion that this is simply another black mark against her !!

Edited by shamar - 05 September 2012 at 9:01am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sarandhamansimat

shamar Newbie
shamar
shamar

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Also i don't simply know why the carelessness argument is being thrown around besides the fact that J was also responsible for any carelessness if it occured .

Because till a few days before they were a happily married couple - there was perhaps no need at all to be careful and if the news had come thru without this, they would actually be happy !

Then why jump into straightforward condemnation as a careless act etc besides reacting prematurely against her decision to abort !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sarandha

Go to top