Balika Vadhu

Gauri's pregnancy results... - Page 4

mansimat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
 HI All, here are my views on the matter. Please feel free to comment.

1. Being doctors, it might mean that Gauri and Jagya can be more careful in birth control, but it doesn't mean that they are superior to nature. Again, Gauri is a doctor, alright but that doesn't mean that she is foolproof against pregnancy. And I can say that even if they didn't take birth control, it's not that wrong. Because according to their lives a week ago, they were together. Maybe if no fight had happened, they would have welcomed this baby in the world? 

2. I think the decision to bring a child in this world is a personal decision of the parents. In this particular case, the father has already left the mother. Whatever be the reason for separation, however wrong Gauri was in her conduct, but the fact of the matter is that right now, Gauri is a single, pregnant lady, abandoned by her lover. So right now, the decision lies in her hand solely, to whether abort it or raise it.

3. It's perfectly alright for a single woman to abort a baby. If she doesn't want the entire responsibility of a child on her shoulder, what's so wrong in that? She has the right to decide in life. If she had decided to raise the baby by herself, then also I would have said its a right decision. But at the end of the day, I respect the fact that Its HER DECISION TO CHOOSE if she is wants to take it up.

4.Also, the child will be out of wedlock, with no father. Which woman would want to bring a child in such scenario? Imagine the condition of an illegitimate child without a father in country like India? Grandparents might help in raising the kid, but they can't give the child the love, name and protection of a father. 

So in this scenario, despite all Gauri's faults, I don't find any fault if she decides to abort the baby. BTW, if she had decided to keep the baby, then we would have all shouted that she is using the baby to get Jagya back. So its like a lose-lose situation for her. 

Whatever be the status of JaGa relation, however much Gauri has lied and manipulated, but I respect her decision. 

Edited by mansimat - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
being single this is not at all reason to abort child .there r many women who can raise their child alone .there is no problem with gauri as she is earning .now problem is that who will take of child when she go to hospital so nani can take care of child .btw gauri did not say that she do not want to bring child into world because she is single she do not want child because it is jagya child
Chytra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I would applaud👏 if gawari aborts that poor fetus and save it from future humiliation.
God knows what will happen to that kid raised by a mother like gawari and gawari's mother.😕
There is no legality between their relationship and it's like a air bubble. No one knows when it will break. Any relation built on base of lies will never stay forever. She kept on saying n number of lies to him and abused his family without his knowledge. A disgraced woman like that has neither capability nor love for a kid.

It's a cruel world for that kind of kids.

Personally i would never suggest anyone in this world go for abortion. I 100% agree with niharika👏
What she said is 100% correct , abortion is not a contraceptive. Hell lot of complications rise when a abortion takes place. No one said gawari, as a doctor is immune to pregnancy. But the point is as a doctor, one should have more knowledge. Why does she need to faint to find herself pregnant.  As a doctor, she will know the symptoms and she can know it in first front but no. Every time she faints and then tadaaa news of her pregnancy.  demands of the fetus, the mother gets exhausted . The hormones(hcg, estrogen), elivated senses(mainly smell) give these and even in basic medicine(student of mmbs) will have this knowledge.

aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I have an explanation for Gauri's pregnancy.Such high strung women like Gauri usually  have hormonal disturbances.So it is possible that she may not have recognized it herself.
payalibm thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
as a woman i will never go for abortion... and here tou they claims to be huby and wife...and she was in day or 2 before was about to get amrried to pighead...and if this BP incident didnt happened she would have rejoice knwoing she pregi again...
now her lies came out...and she cant still accept her fault she is blamng all in pighead and with that she killing an unborn child...saying part of pighead... she is saying part of pighead as if he has molested her or forced her and made her pregie...
this child was conceived with 2 people quit with mature understanding and knwoing what they doing...with full responsiblity and sound mind... it wasn like ke he dosent knew in puting his sperm or she dint knew its geting infusion or whats her recycle time intercourse can do...
normal educated for once can even think they night dosent know...but they both a dr. and that too one with MS degreee and other doing it...was it so tought for them not to know the nature call...

yes there is indifferences...but thats between you both where you both were so selfishness and all into each self ke you people didint bother to ever think about others...you both brought missfortune to your own self life and still geting a chance to rectify still thinking of going more deep into black pit rather then acepting and trying to give it one more chance to go...she killing the child...who was not at fault anywhere...and dosent deserve such cruelity of being killed and for (only mine pov i am spekaing) i called it murder as for me even its a fetus yet it holds a life in itself and killing it will eb murder for me 😡

whatelse can be expected form gauri...she know only one thing..gauri and her pleasure...rest dosent exist for her..and same is pighead..he is even a step ahead of gauri...
akvats01 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have nothing to do with her decision for the kid, But what I think

Because she is Gauri, who think first and last only about herself, She would drop the child, keep herself free and will move on in search of the next Bakra to make her husband.

Accepting responsibility of a child, Changing herself into a loving and caring mother, Regreting for her deeds and accepting her fault and chnage her attitude , is not Gauri at all.

Even if Jagya is forced to return to her now, She will certainly keep him nothing less then a door mat.

No point in expecting that Gauri would be take such a strong decision of rasing the child alone. And even if she take it now for some reason, It is so extremly bad for the child.

She is a person, who can not do any anything for the moral grounds, she can put all her powers in a task only if she find benefits. She can easily find an excuse to get rid of responsibility of child. That is what she has currentlt : Child's father has ditched her. This is sufficient for Gauri to get rid of child's responsibility and move on to the next man.
shamar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: mansimat

HI All, here are my views on the matter. Please feel free to comment.

1. Being doctors, it might mean that Gauri and Jagya can be more careful in birth control, but it doesn't mean that they are superior to nature. Again, Gauri is a doctor, alright but that doesn't mean that she is foolproof against pregnancy. And I can say that even if they didn't take birth control, it's not that wrong. Because according to their lives a week ago, they were together. Maybe if no fight had happened, they would have welcomed this baby in the world? 

2. I think the decision to bring a child in this world is a personal decision of the parents. In this particular case, the father has already left the mother. Whatever be the reason for separation, however wrong Gauri was in her conduct, but the fact of the matter is that right now, Gauri is a single, pregnant lady, abandoned by her lover. So right now, the decision lies in her hand solely, to whether abort it or raise it.

3. It's perfectly alright for a single woman to abort a baby. If she doesn't want the entire responsibility of a child on her shoulder, what's so wrong in that? She has the right to decide in life. If she had decided to raise the baby by herself, then also I would have said its a right decision. But at the end of the day, I respect the fact that Its HER DECISION TO CHOOSE if she is wants to take it up.

4.Also, the child will be out of wedlock, with no father. Which woman would want to bring a child in such scenario? Imagine the condition of an illegitimate child without a father in country like India? Grandparents might help in raising the kid, but they can't give the child the love, name and protection of a father. 

So in this scenario, despite all Gauri's faults, I don't find any fault if she decides to abort the baby. BTW, if she had decided to keep the baby, then we would have all shouted that she is using the baby to get Jagya back. So its like a lose-lose situation for her. 

Whatever be the status of JaGa relation, however much Gauri has lied and manipulated, but I respect her decision. 

Mansimat- Perfectly put.  i completely agree with everything you say.

@ Nmiks - It is a well documented fact which even priviliged upper class women  like us should be aware of - most birth control devices depend on their use by men where condoms etc are concerned. Pills freely made available in general by government are not very good for women's health often, and many women are forced to stop using them after a while because of their side effects. Besides its not about their availablity - its about whether social pressures and norms allow you to use them in most cases . Women , again this is well documented , are often far too scared of husband/inlaws etc to use them in several contexts.  The point is that women often turn into child bearing machines over here - often out of a family's instiable quest for a male child - bearing children one after another and are not allowed any reprieve. Many go for hidden unsafe abortions by village quacks  .  Under such circumstances many public health centres provide legal and medical counselling for them encouraging them to go ahead with it. Infact in case of accidental pregnancies which arise despite taking precautions , abortion is the only route.

In any case that statement i had made to bring out the general case against abortion in a country like ours where women's reproductive rights are still controlled by a patriarchal family, society and morality despite laws. And it is ridiculous to say that those who become pregnant by carelssness or not using pills etc, want to play victims card. This is a deeply regressive and moralistic statement - because none of us can know when even the most careful people become pregnant accidentally.

Nobody should force this choice on anyone . Even doctors can become victims of accidental pregnancies - as mansimat says "Being doctors, it might mean that Gauri and Jagya can be more careful in birth control, but it doesn't mean that they are superior to nature". And its ridiculous to say in a country suffering from a population explosion where  millions of orphans, child beggars, street children live miserably - that one should jut go ahead and give birth in case of unwanted pregnancies and then give the child to families who want them !!!...who can gaurantee these ideal  families under such circumstnces??

Whether she wants to be a single mother or not or even a mother  is a woman's choice and every woman has  right to decide that without being judged in this manner ..

Edited by shamar - 11 years ago
mansimat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
HI Shamar

Thanks for sharing your views. I was also looking at this particular pregnancy in the same view. But I also discussed this with other members of the forum. I realized that we are thinking so much about the pregnancy, the kid, single mother, etc. But Gauri is yet to be shown to be reasoning like this for abortion. Members here feel that she has been careless in her attitude and wants to abort it, probably, only on the basis of hatred or disgust for Jagat. She has not given serious thought to it, like what all I have mentioned in my post. My personal view is that abortion is a choice of the woman, for whatever factors she considers important to herself. (But if the factors themselves fall into unethical or immoral category, then I might be against it.) 

I think her intentions have not been clear, maybe it was just an initial reaction. We would have to wait and see how it plays out. 

Thanks
Mansi

This content was originally posted by: shamar

Mansimat- Perfectly put.  i completely agree with everything you say.

@ Nmiks - It is a well documented fact which even priviliged upper class women  like us should be aware of - most birth control devices depend on their use by men where condoms etc are concerned. Pills freely made available in general by government are not very good for women's health often, and many women are forced to stop using them after a while because of their side effects. Besides its not about their availablity - its about whether social pressures and norms allow you to use them in most cases . Women , again this is well documented , are often far too scared of husband/inlaws etc to use them in several contexts.  The point is that women often turn into child bearing machines over here - often out of a family's instiable quest for a male child - bearing children one after another and are not allowed any reprieve. Many go for hidden unsafe abortions by village quacks  .  Under such circumstances many public health centres provide legal and medical counselling for them encouraging them to go ahead with it. Infact in case of accidental pregnancies which arise despite taking precautions , abortion is the only route.

In any case that statement i had made to bring out the general case against abortion in a country like ours where women's reproductive rights are still controlled by a patriarchal family, society and morality despite laws. And it is ridiculous to say that those who become pregnant by carelssness or not using pills etc, want to play victims card. This is a deeply regressive and moralistic statement - because none of us can know when even the most careful people become pregnant accidentally.

Nobody should force this choice on anyone . Even doctors can become victims of accidental pregnancies - as mansimat says "Being doctors, it might mean that Gauri and Jagya can be more careful in birth control, but it doesn't mean that they are superior to nature". And its ridiculous to say in a country suffering from a population explosion where  millions of orphans, child beggars, street children live miserably - that one should jut go ahead and give birth in case of unwanted pregnancies and then give the child to families who want them !!!...who can gaurantee these ideal  families under such circumstnces??

Whether she wants to be a single mother or not or even a mother  is a woman's choice and every woman has  right to decide that without being judged in this manner ..

Edited by mansimat - 11 years ago
vamita thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I totally agree with all your view points and thank you all for bringing out so many issues a person faces under such conditions...And I know that many of those reasons are valid...But if you look closely, Gauri is not even looking at it from her child's point of view...Her reason to get the baby aborted is she doesn't want Jagya's nishani...I would have agreed with her, if she would have said that what life my child would have, if he comes to the world...He won't even have his father's name, neither will he get the love of both parents he deserve...How can I give birth to this baby, when I know I can not give the happiness he deserves...!

But as selfish as she is, she never thought of that...Instead she just doesn't want this unwanted complication because of her own reasons, not because the of the baby or it's future...! Don't you think this is the wrong reason to abort a child...!

The first thought as a mother my self, a women always has is, if I will be able to be a good mother to this baby, or if this baby would have a happy future, or may be...will I be able to give this life happiness it deserves...But her feelings are from pure rivalry...Won't that make her more selfish as one can call...? Won't that be a sin?

Aborting a baby under different situations, like rape, poverty, etc is valid and parents have no right to bring up the kids, if they can't provide what a child needs and deserves...

Isn't that baby a part of her as well...What if tomorrow she finds it that the baby is a ticket to destroy singhs and Jagya, will it be a good choice to keep a baby then...If that will be her motto, then I hope people like those who want to use their baby would have mis-carriage...! Na rahega baas, na bajegi bansuri...!

I am very very surprised, that a educated doctor like Gauri, never once thought of her baby...She never thought that a life is growing inside her...That it's heart has already started beating in her womb...She never thought how close that baby is to her...Only thing she thought is it is Jagya's part...Isn't it her part? Doesn't she have any contribution to it? It is considered that a mother knows her baby 9 months before the father, and is closest to her...That is the reason under divorce situations, a child is handed over to a mother most of the time, not fathers...She has a beautiful bond with her child for those first few years, which no one can imagine...Why isn't she thinking it from that point of view as well...

Gauri never thought of what she was doing, when she married Jagya, from Anandi and Singh's point of view...Never thought why Bhairon paid for her education...Only thing she saw every thing is from her selfish point of view...Any way, they were outsiders for her and it doesn't matter...But for god's sake this baby is hers...For once, I would have been happy if she would have thought from the babies point of view as soon as she came to know the news and then decide what she wanted to do...But no...She never did...That is what I was bothered about...!
shamar thumbnail
@ manismat and vamita.

We really dont know the reason why she wants it at this stage. Before she was hit and lost conciousness, as aparnauma pointed out - she was thinking of what all happened between her and jagat and so on - any women in her place, despite whatever she had done , would be feeling upset, depressed , even angry . Now if on regaining conciousness she is suddenly confronted by the news of her pregnancy, she would ofcourse initially instinctively react against it ...

I am concerned that without even knowing her reasons, her mental state, everyone just jumped to the conclusion that she's just being selfish, revengeful etc ...BV writers till now have steered clear of painting anyone only as black and i hope they will not just show it in a way that only destroy's her character further. If jagat who was primarily responsible for most of what happened  can still be redeemed, why can't she??
and incidentally i'm really surprised that nobody thought that jagat was also responsible for being careless here if gauri was so- because a man should also be careful in not  making a woman pregnant accidentally. He could also have taken due precautions !!

And i'm shocked by the deeply moralistic comments once again by so many others for whom G is no more than a vamp and a trollop and an object of ridicule instead of being an ordinary woman who might be guilty of wrong actions ut is neverthless still a human being.

Also even if we assume that she's being selfish ( though its quite natural to atleast iitially react like that when a man who's been your lover for 7 long years abandons you like this after publicly humiliating you , and i repeat if she was guilty of wrongdoing , J was far more guilty)- even if she's being selfish and wanting to kill the child as revenge - i'd much rather she aborts the child than give birth to it with such sentiments...

and lastly i do not think women who want to build their careers, their lives, and want children only at a later stage and still get accidentally pregnant - do not have a right to go for abortion - men never face such dilemmas for they are not the ones who have to carry the child for 9 months, give birth, be there initially for the child etc.   Our society still continues to be moralistic about these decisions though as if only men have  a right to think about their careers. So if a woman wants to decide the timing of when and whether she wants a child at all - it her decision .  I repeat - Much better to abort  than bring an unloved child into this world.

While i could relate to your confusion vamita and understand your wondering aout it all, i just wish so many had not  not raced to the conclusion that this is simply another black mark against her !!

Edited by shamar - 11 years ago