India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

cause for copying

basuanasuya Goldie
basuanasuya
basuanasuya

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 8:59am | IP Logged
sorry, i deleted the update...i just did it to know the rules...becoz somedays ago i submitted my own update and  somebody copied most of it, just changed end and start and posted on wall...everybody appreciated also though it was actually written by me... no body told that it was copied from other post...so i was just testing..today i got the response in seconds  .and i got my answer..there is a difference in treating the new and old memebers in the forum...sorry again

Edited by basuanasuya - 04 September 2012 at 9:02am

Justlikethat1 IF-Sizzlerz
Justlikethat1
Justlikethat1

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:03am | IP Logged
There is no difference in treatment of new and old members. Same rules applies for all. 

If someone had copied your update then I am sorry it happened. You should have let the person known immediately. 
But please do note that we have rules that do not allow for copying from other sites and vice versa. Please contact the Mods if you would like to do the update. I am sure we will need good updaters. 

All the bestSmile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Xarinamunnihyderabadilike_tvani_gr-Eris-

ilike_tv Goldie
ilike_tv
ilike_tv

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:13am | IP Logged
 I am quite new in this forum. I never felt there is any double standard... so plz dont say such things!!!

XarinamunnihyderabadJustlikethat1ani_grDivineDarkness

Chaccha IF-Rockerz
Chaccha
Chaccha

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:34am | IP Logged
There's no double standard treatment of old and new members. It's just that in this case, I knew  that it was copied because it had another member's name at the bottom. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known. The same must have happened when someone copied your update. When there's no indication of something being from a different website or written by a different author, then it's hard to catch the culprit.

I'm sorry too that someone copied your update, but as Harini has said, in the future do let the Mods know about this. They can handle it from there.

Xarinamunnihyderabadilike_tvJustlikethat1ani_gr

Xarina Coolbie
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:35am | IP Logged
I am sorry you felt this way.  Harini is right.  If you do wish to update contact the moderators.  All IF forums have their designated updaters. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadilike_tvJustlikethat1ani_gr

-Eris- IF-Stunnerz
-Eris-
-Eris-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:42am | IP Logged
No saathiya is the coolest when welcoming new members. :-) if u have proof someone copied ur update send it to the mod s am sure some action will be taken:-)

Xarinamunnihyderabadilike_tvJustlikethat1ani_gr

ShaunSA IF-Rockerz
ShaunSA
ShaunSA

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by basuanasuya

sorry, i deleted the update...i just did it to know the rules...becoz somedays ago i submitted my own update and  somebody copied most of it, just changed end and start and posted on wall...everybody appreciated also though it was actually written by me... no body told that it was copied from other post...so i was just testing..today i got the response in seconds  .and i got my answer..there is a difference in treating the new and old memebers in the forum...sorry again

Sucks that your WU's were copied but it does happen. There are ways of preventing it but I cannot remember what they are. A Mod should know though. I think that's what made your updates so easy to copy. Whereas an older forumite would put in the blocks so their updates do not get copied. Defo no difference in treatment of old or new forumites from Mods or anyone else.

Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadJustlikethat1ani_gr

Xarina Coolbie
Xarina
Xarina

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShaunSA

Originally posted by basuanasuya

Sucks that your WU's were copied but it does happen. There are ways of preventing it but I cannot remember what they are. A Mod should know though. I think that's what made your updates so easy to copy. Whereas an older forumite would put in the blocks so their updates do not get copied. Defo no difference in treatment of old or new forumites from Mods or anyone else.

Big smile

No Shaun.  Write Ups get copied and posted on other sites regardless of what is done.  It has been the bane on other forums also.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

munnihyderabadShaunSAJustlikethat1

Go to top