It's to tell you that you are supposed to update faster! πŸ˜†
avantika_2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Did you like my way of telling you that I want an update for 'Mohabbat...' πŸ˜ˆ
-doe-eyes- thumbnail

Originally posted by: samba12

Just got back to IF after a break grading lit essays - yes, for my sins I teach :). 
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.
This is probably the best aspect of this medium - being able to interact with the writers of these wonderful versions of IPK, and getting to know other povs a little more...
Your enthusiasm for what you do shines through.
Again, may you always have an interestng story to tell and may you enjoy the craft of story-telling...

PS

A literature teacher!! Oh my!! I can't explain how - honoured I am to receive such encouraging feedback from a professional in the field! In fact, now I'm childishly excited - my greatest and closest mentor in school was my poetry professor and I suppose that's a major reason why...and also the fact that there was a point when I was seriously considering it as a profession myself :P Sadly, my dad would not agree :s

I completely agree with you - the best thing about this forum is the fact that readers and writers get to directly interact, and that helps a writer grow in so many ways, as well as exploring the perspectives of different people in ways we might not have thought of ourselves :) 

Thank you so much for reading and for your lovely review and wonderful feedback - I was over the moon reading it :) 
-doe-eyes- thumbnail

Originally posted by: samba12

Hello again doe eyes,

Again, thank you. IPK from the very beginning crafted a host of intriguing characters with so much potential - for instance Shashi Gupta. I was seriously hoping he would recover in the show, and spill the beans on Shyam - I don't know whether the CVs forgot about him, but that question just went unanswered in the show. So I'm very relieved and reassured you enjoyed the different character developments here!
Wanted to pick up on this comment of yours on Shashi Gupta. First off completely agree with you. Waited long for the CVs to re introduce SG into the narrative. It could have been woven so beautifully into the 'redemption track'. And he is a good actor, so the role of 'father' to not just Khushi and Payal but also Arnav would have been so natural for him to portray. It would have made Arnav's understanding of the situation and his seeking support from an older and wiser man very authentic as well. Waited in vain as usual.
Also waited for Anjali's character to grow a spine. There was every indication of this possibility, but nothing came of it. So thank you for creating the scenario where Anjali is heading in the direction of facing up to her reality and seeking support. Who better than Shashi Gupta, the father figure she misses in her life. A natural connection.

I thoroughly agree with everything you've said regarding Shashi Gupta and Anjali - it's rather sad that the characters lost their depth towards the end of the show. One of the major reasons I started following IPKKND was the fact that the story was not predictable or typical or in any way shallow - there were so many complexities and emotions and layers to everyone and everything, and it was being portrayed beautifully. One of the main factors I was looking out for was Anjali's development in character, because the minute it was revealed that Shyam was her husband it was obvious she would be as hard hit by the coming storm as Arnav or Khushi. Unfortunately though, by the time that happened...the story had kind of lost that magic touch. Sigh. I'm glad you're liking the Shashi-Anjali aspect of this story - I hope it lives up to your expectations :) 

And she says its poetry for her!! 😊
"What oft was thought, but ne'er so well expressed!" It warms the cockles of my heart to know that there are still people in this world who are touched by poetry. To stumble upon such souls in the wasteland of tweets -140 characters - what is that??? - SMS abbreviations, pathetically limited 'likes' and other jargon of the world of social media networking ( nothing against networking, except the way it mauls the language)...is a delight!
So thanks again...

I'm immensely humbled by your saying so :) Literature is, was and always will be my favourite subject, and reading is something of an obsession of mine, so to have my work appreciated for its language is a huge compliment, and I am so thankful! 

Lookng forward to reading more updates. Read in one of your posts that you were considering a blog. Seems like a great way to go. Do let me know if this happens. Shall hope for access and a continuation of your stories...

I'm currently working on an update for this story - if all goes well, it shall be up by the end of the weekend :) I will definitely let you know once the blog is up and running - thank you so much for reading and for sharing your thoughts! 

Saludos,
PS

-doe-eyes- thumbnail

Originally posted by: LeenaRocks

Hi there!! 

read FF all chaps in one go!! 
and i cant tell you in words how i felt after the read! No words can justify the case...

you are awesome! lovely concept! i so so so wish the show actually shaped up this way! this is so much far far better than what we got in the name of redemption in the show!

i loved it... 
awaiting the next update! :)

Aw thank you! I'm so, so happy after reading this comment, and extremely glad you enjoyed this story so much! It really means a lot to me, and I'm thankful to you for taking the time to read this, and for letting me know your thoughts! :) 
-doe-eyes- thumbnail

Originally posted by: avantika_2012

So, there is this new trend that I see going on on the FFs forums!

It's exactly what I'm doing right now! 

Yes! It's called exactly what you think it is. 

It's called spamming! πŸ˜‰

It's to tell you that you are supposed to update faster! πŸ˜†

Did you like my way of telling you that I want an update for 'Mohabbat...' πŸ˜ˆ

*gapes like a fool*

*thinks : I'm getting spammed - and then : wait, is that even grammatically correct?!?*

*Runs off to finish update*

samba12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -doe-eyes-

A literature teacher!! Oh my!! I can't explain how - honoured I am to receive such encouraging feedback from a professional in the field! In fact, now I'm childishly excited - my greatest and closest mentor in school was my poetry professor and I suppose that's a major reason why...and also the fact that there was a point when I was seriously considering it as a profession myself :P Sadly, my dad would not agree :s

General consensus of the practical world - lit doesn't pay...sigh*. But it provides food for the soul. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Have you read Mario Vargas LLosa's "Why Literature?"...
http://www.uwec.edu/pnotesbd/Llosa_article.htm
He wrote it in 2001 but it still applies - perhaps more than ever.  

I completely agree with you - the best thing about this forum is the fact that readers and writers get to directly interact, and that helps a writer grow in so many ways, as well as exploring the perspectives of different people in ways we might not have thought of ourselves :) 

Another thing about the form - the sense of anonymity - which is a double-edged sword, no doubt - but can also lead to a genuine meeting of minds unaffected by any other considerations. So language - word choice, the tone, the nuances - matters more than ever, as it is the only way of expressing what is on one's mind. And emoticons despite being 'cute' are limited, along the same lines as the facebook 'likes'. Words matter...perhaps I've mentioned this before?

Thank you so much for reading and for your lovely review and wonderful feedback - I was over the moon reading it :) 

Glad you were touched by the feedback! Your enthusiastic and detailed responses tend to generate further dialog...
May words never fail you...
PS

samba12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Again thanks for the detailed responses. As you must have figured out by now I do love words. If you  are interested there's an entity that sends words every weekday (yes, there are many, but this one has been extremely sustained over several years...). If you like I could send the link to your email address. 
Feel free to completely ignore the suggestion. Will understand. :)

Looking forward to updates and the blog perhaps? No pressure...
PS
avantika_2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
*scans thread greedily for an update*