Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

I Always Hoped They had a Simple Wedding!!

jules IF-Rockerz
jules
jules

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Through all the ups and downs in the storyline and story telling formats... lets take a set back and revisit the characters of Arnav and Khushi.

He is a wounded soul who at a tender age closed the doors of his heart of any possibility of love, happiness or trusting anyone other than his immediate family. He shuns traditions and rituals and believes in following his belief. And that is what he has always done.
Infact this is why I really liked the depiction of how he reacted when Khushi said their marriage was not a real one. Even when he hated her, he always was clear that she was his wife. He was honest in accepting her as his wife back then though for a contract period and he was equally honest in seeing her as his wife when misunderstandings cleared and he accepted his love for her.
Infact he was visibly upset with Khushi for not considering them as married! For him they are as married as married can get because he feels so in his heart.

Khushi has had a more traditional upbringing where the significance of rituals and traditions have been imbibed into her. So when she doesnt do something as per her value system... it comes back to haunt her and pricks her conscious. Just like breaking her fast before the pooja during Teej made her guilty, not have taken the pheras makes her feel her marriage is incomplete. Though she never said they arent married, just that they had an incomplete wedding.. and the fact that she still completes her name with a Singh Raizada and still wears her mangalsutra and sindoor.

Now coming to what is common between them...
To me Arnav and Khushi are two lonely individuals who may have all their family and loved ones around but they are still alone. Both lived for their families, ensuring there was balance in their lives and nothing disturbed their happiness even if it meant their life and happiness was put on stake.
And yet this giving nature has never received a reciprocal from their respective families. Not until these two came into each other's lives.

For the first time Arnav has someone who cares for him and will move two world for him, who swears her unconditional support to him and for the first time with whom he can share his pain, her fears, his feelings!
As for Khushi..she may have had a happier environment growing up, but she never has been able to share her true feelings, her secrets and fear with anyone. She always concealed them under the pretense of craziness and a deceptive smile, until she met Arnav. He sees through her lies and unknowingly she always breaks down and shares her pain with him.
I dont think Khushi ever wanted a grand wedding, given her humble middle class background. She did want one with traditions and flashy clothes and jewellery but never did she say it should be one on a grand scale. Her idea of a wedding always seemed to be one where her family and friends are present and she is dressed up all bridal and has a ritualistic wedding.

So when it comes their wedding, it may not be one of the ASR status when we say simple with cocktail parties and functions on a massive scale but it would still be one where the rituals are performed.

As for me... I would have wanted them to marry again in the Mandir with the rituals just by themselves... cause honestly no one matters in their lives as much as these two and they are yet to discover that!!!

Edited by jules - 04 September 2012 at 9:50am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

monicasd31silvi07darshi28asrasrasrasrMeeraHKpisces25-CoolChick-

darshi28 Senior Member
darshi28
darshi28

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:45am | IP Logged
Well said!! Clap
All Arnav and Khushi really want is for everyone to accept them as husband and wife. Grand or simple its still a wedding!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top