India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

My Box Office Predictions for Raaz 3

srkat Goldie
srkat
srkat

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Im a little late this week, but i've been quite busy which is why my predictions are a little late this weke than usual Smile

Anyways, this Friday will see the release of RAAZ 3, starring Emraan Hashmi, Bipasha Basu,  and Esha Gupta. The film is the third part of the successful RAAZ franchise. RAAZ in 2002 (starred Dino Morea and Bipasha Basu) was a major hit, and arguably the biggest hit of 2002, while RAAZ-The Mystery Continues (2009) was a Hit as well.

Surprisingly, the buzz for RAAZ 3 has been a little low. A big factor could be the music. Emraan Hashmi's films usually have popular music, but the music for this film hasn't been as appreciated as the music of his other films have. Also, although the promos may catch the attention of some, they aren't the kind that makes a moviegoer think in their head that they want to see the film first day first show. 

With that being said, there are other factors that go in favor of this film. The first one is of course, the fact that this film is (as mentioned above) a part of the successful RAAZ franchise. The success of this franchise does create interest for RAAZ 3. Furthermore, another big factor is the leading hero of this film-Emraan Hashmi. Emraan has slowly become a man of the masses, and most of his films have worked lately at the box office to a huge extent, except for SHANGHAI, but that was not a typical Emraan Hashmi film. RAAZ 3, however, seems to be a typical Emraan Hashmi film: the type of songs, the horror/thriller type element (also seen in a film like MURDER 2), and of course, Emraan Hashmi smooching his heroines. These are elements that the audience likes, and that's why there is a high chance of the audience patronizing RAAZ 3.

I would also like to talk about Bipasha Basu. Bipasha was seen in the first RAAZ film (2002), and of course as we all know, the film became a major Hit. In RAAZ 3, there seems to be a lot of scope for Bipasha to deliver a power-packed performance. Looking at the promos, it seems like she will mix in a good dose of sexuality with strong acting. She will look sexy and act well, and this is what will be appreciated by men. Basically, Emraan may play more of a role in bringing the audience to the theatres due to his big mass following, but it will likely be Bipasha who walks away with all the ceetis and taalis at the end. The film should prove to be a turning point in her career.

Now, for the box office numbers of the film. I think that the opening willl be decent, but not great. As for the lifetime collection, it will post a good number that one can expect from this type of film, but obviously it's not going to be apart of the 100 crore club or anything like that. 

Opening Day: 6 crore net
Opening Weekend: 20 crore net
Lifetime Collections: 45+ crore net
Overall Box Office Verdict: Hit

For Emraan Hashmi, this film will be yet another success in his career, after having many successful films in the past such as MURDER, MURDER 2, JANNAT, JANNAT 2, ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAI, THE DIRTY PICTURE, etc.

For the director Vikram Bhatt, who also directed RAAZ (2002), this film will rejuvenate his career.

Most importantly, the star of the show (as mentioned above) will likely be Bipasha Basu. As I said above, this film should prove to be a turning point in her career. 

Edited by srkat - 04 September 2012 at 3:22am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Pirated_Funabby_girl30Nkapoor3Sunshine797-koiza-you2blue-ice.MR.KooLTheRager

srkat Goldie
srkat
srkat

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:26am | IP Logged
3 days left till the film comes...
TheRager IF-Addictz
TheRager
TheRager

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Looks reachable to me...unless the film is really bad.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nkapoor3

Kya.Bolta.Tu IF-Rockerz
Kya.Bolta.Tu
Kya.Bolta.Tu

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Lets see what happens to the movie,Bipasha has been promoting it even on shows like FearFiles.
Nkapoor3 IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
nishu786 IF-Sizzlerz
nishu786
nishu786

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 10:42am | IP Logged
It's lifetime business will easily be more than 50 crs...although not gonna watch this movie in theatre,but i m sure this movie will be big hit.
srkat Goldie
srkat
srkat

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Wave.

Lets see what happens to the movie,Bipasha has been promoting it even on shows like FearFiles.

ya and she was on Anupama Chopra's show recently too, talking about horror and stuff

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sunshine797

-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
bips really needs a hit. This movie determines her future in bollywood, She only has a b grade project "aatma" other than that. She has been going all over, even appeared on CID and what not to promote it. Hope it works for her.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

TINA!Nkapoor3MR.KooL-SalShah4eva-

Go to top