Diya Aur Baati Hum

***To Teacher with Love***

MisscoolEyes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
   SEPTEMBER 5th is almost here and it's time to celebrate the phenomenon called TEACHER

If you are wondering what is the relation between Teachers' Day and this forum of DABH in IF and why did I even open this thread.Think againπŸ˜›I have time and again read many posts from many of you saying that Diya aur Baati hum for you is not just a show-DABH has affected the way you live and think,DABH has taught through it's simple episodes and characters things that you didn't learn before and DABH has from time and again given you information regarding things that you didn't know before. Be it the female foeticide issue or be it importance of Cleanliness,Be it Sooraj's sweetness,SAndhya's determination or Bhabo's truthfulness,be it a very vague recipe of Dal-Baati-Churma or the information about Delhi,Wi-fii and Economics syllabus or be it the way relationships are meant to be lived, DABH has always been a Teacher! So A Very Happy Teachers' Day,Diya aur Baati HumπŸ˜†

The position of a Teacher is considered to be sacred in every religion,race,region,mythology and even literature. Sharing and passing on the knowledge is the best way of help and service.And a teacher is not just the person who has taught you in your school and college.

A Teacher is your Mother who has taught you to utter those first few words,taught you to walk and taught you how to love and respect others.

A Teacher is your Father who has taught you the value of principles and integrity in your life and supported every decision of yours.

A Teacher is your "teacher" at school or other learning institution who helped you develop interest in your field and made you say that school is your second home and that teacher is your mother there.

A Teacher is your Life-Partner who has walked you through every difficulty and taught you something important in life.

A Teacher is your Sibling who cautioned you the first time you wanted to lie to your parents or taught you the tricks of a game you long wanted to learn.

A Teacher is your Family who through their vast knowledge and experience have always lit your way.

A Teacher is your Friend who taught you that most difficult concept in your most difficult subject and has helped you and stood by you in every phase of your life.

A Teacher is that Roomie of yours who has made your life simpler teaching you many unknown things on the way.

A Teacher is that Special Person who filled you with confidence and moral-boost to face the challenges that the world throws at you.

A Teacher is your boss/manager/colleague who taught you the drills of a work-place

A Teacher is that "Famous Personality" living or dead whose qualities you admire and want to follow.

A Teacher is that Movie,song or a show that has changed the way you think .

A Teacher is hundreds of those books that you've read in your life-time and learnt from.

A Teacher is that Random stranger you came across who helped you and in turn taught you the important lesson of humanity.

A Teacher is that Unseen person that you met somewhere in this forum and who has taught you something or the other in the course of time.πŸ˜ƒ

A Teacher is the nature with its resplendent color, fragrance and lives each of which have it's own teachings to teach.

Finally, A Teacher is you yourself and your experiences!!

Diya aur Baati Hum has shown many of these Teachers through it's story. A Teacher is Sooraj to an apprentice in Chotu.A Teacher is Bhabo-Babasa to the Rathi family,A Teacher is Sooraj to a Sandhya and a Teacher is Sandhya to a Sooraj.

This thread is dedicated to all those teachers that have come in my life and made a ever-lasting change.Fortunate and Blessed am I to have had all of these Teachers in one way or the other.What would I ever be without these awesome and roccking TEACHERS!! I am sure,all of you too have many such TEACHERS who have made you what you are today.Go ahead and show them your love and appreciationπŸ˜ƒ 

A HAPPY TEACHERS' DAY!!πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by MisscoolEyes - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SAIBALROUTH thumbnail
Lovely Post Naina Di πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘ and truly appreciate how you depicted teachers in different avatars in all our walks of life ⭐️ πŸ‘ ⭐️ and a grand salute to all our teachers ⭐️

Happy Teachers' Day 😊

Sharing some quotes 😊

The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth.-----Dan Rather

In teaching, you cannot see the fruit of a day's work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years.-------Jacques Barzun

Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth.------Helen Caldicott

A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank, but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.-------Forest Witchcraft

Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own.------Nikos Kazantzakis Edited by SAIBALROUTH - 11 years ago
sadhana1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for the lovely post Naina.
Finally, A Teacher is you yourself and your experiences!!
Loved the above line so much. great one.
-Ayeshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I am a teacher myself... My mom is too... My grandma was, grandpa was... And I have many relatives whose profession is teaching... 
Feeling so special after reading ur post... And missing some of my teachers who supported me, guided me, made me laugh and raise my courage whenever I was disappointed and treated me like their own kid...  They were kind, selfless, honest persons... Love u all my teachers... πŸ€—
Thank u 4 the post... Such an awesome post...πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ 

-Ayeshi- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SAIBALROUTH

Lovely Post Naina Di πŸ‘ πŸ‘πŸ‘ and truly appreciate how you depicted teachers in different avatars in all our walks of life ⭐️ πŸ‘ ⭐️ and a grand salute to all our teachers ⭐️

Happy Teachers' Day 😊

Sharing some quotes 😊

The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called truth.-----Dan Rather

In teaching, you cannot see the fruit of a day's work. It is invisible and remains so, maybe for twenty years.-------Jacques Barzun

Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth.------Helen Caldicott

A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank, but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.-------Forest Witchcraft

Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own.------Nikos Kazantzakis

WOW Saibal bhaia...!!! The quotes are really heart touching... Thank u soo much 4 sharing with us...πŸ˜ƒ
Brahmaputra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wonderful, marvelous & meaningful Naina.⭐️. A teacher is the one who always makes u better. For the one who wish to learn, whole world itself is a teache. From grass to tall trees, waterdrops to oceans, sand to mountains can teach us many things if we wish. A clear lake tells us clean & sanctised our mind must be, however deep it may be. Thats what our ancestors said 'maata pita guru daivam'- mother, father and teacher are God. That says Guru is nearer to God or God himself. I remember once Gandhiji told- if I meet my Guru & Bhagwaan at the same time, I will do namaskaara to my Guru first; for it was him who has shown Bhagwaan to me. His virtues can't be told & I'm not gonna make my post longer. Even millions of pages cannot say what Guru is. Guru is the one who removes the darkness of mind with the rays of right knowledge...
TOTAL-ROMANTIC thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awww what a swet heart touching Post yaar..You all are soo good..πŸ€—I can never write like this..πŸ˜³πŸ‘ I simply loved itπŸ˜ƒ
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for this meaningful post Naina.  Wonderful quotes, Saibal.

In my opinion, teaching is the toughest of all the jobs.

Happy Teachers Day to All DABHians..!!
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Through out academic life I always teased/annoyed/harassed my teachers/professors a lot but it's also true that I always carry immense respect in my "NaiNa" whoever engaged in the teaching profession.

Teachers ain't hatched but created. They're peculiar people produced by Lord, for the improvements of manhood. They're reckoned as the source of "Love, Knowledge and Mercy"

I've inked down following poem to share my feelings to welcome teacher warmly:-πŸ˜›

Destroyed are the days of Master-Disciple!
Teachers of spunk are on the decline
Well-nigh matters seem altered in today's globe
Ethics is on a downhill curve!

Students sense they can instruct themselves
The Internet establishes an artificial assurance
Merely none can be faulted for how matters are
Merits are decaying quick!

Yet, Teaching is an elite art!
Ample teachers are a country's treasure
Teachers must put their Gist, Brain, soul
Into educating their professional destiny!

A teacher must be ideal
A teacher must be admonitory
A teacher must be experient
A teacher must be devoted!

Let's alter the world of educating then
Let's share with love, altruistically sight
Let's build better for all our kids
Let's construct the student's life, Paradise!

Let high-flown thoughts replete teacher's heart
Let persistence excel the craft
Let craft turn to all an art
Let love of educating make vantage!

***My Five Teachers***(--Source Google--)
My Poetry Teacher taught me 'How to Cry'
My Philosophy teacher taught me 'How to Dream'
My Religion teacher taught me 'How to bind Life'
My Yoga teacher taught me 'How to find Love'
My Liberation teacher taught me 'How to create Peace'

Edited by ami_dabh - 11 years ago
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
NaiNa bakudi infinite hugs n love to come up with such an attentive and pensive thread to tribute people who engaged in teaching profession.  πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

I just love whatever you've penned down to the core of my soul.. ESP teaching relationship with every person who're very close to our heart.

You're so true that every religion/culture carry similar kinda values when it comes to give respect master/teacher/educator. They all nurture this beautiful relationship but may be on different days.

I would like to share "Goddess Saraswati/Vandana Mantra" that I chant in my routine life..

Yaa Kundendu tushaara haara-dhavalaa,
Yaa shubhra-vastra'avritha
Yaa veena-vara-danda-manditakara,
Yaa shwetha padma'asana
Yaa brahma'achyutha shankara prabhritibhir Devai-sadaa Vanditha
Saa Maam Paatu Saraswati Bhagavatee Nihshesha jaadyaa-pahaa.

Translation
Oh Goddess Saraswathi,Who is fair as a jasmine flower, The moon or a snow flake,
Who is dressed in white,
and whose hands are adorned by veena,
Who is seated in a white lotus,
To whom Brahma, Vishnu and Maheshwara pray,
Please protect us.

In my childhood, While worshiping idol of Lord Saraswati, I observed that she kept on Stone.. I started to wonder why is it like this??? At that time my grandpa explained me this :- Goddess Saraswati(Goddess of knowledge)kept on stone because stone is stable and firm. Once you've acquired knowledge, it gets solidified in you. There is no question of losing it. It becomes a part of you not for just this lifetime but also for lifetimes to come.πŸ˜›
Edited by ami_dabh - 11 years ago