India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Ramgopal verma making movie on 26/11

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:12am | IP Logged
Just saw on AajTak news that RamGopal Verma is indeed going to make a movie on 26/11. What were all those denials for then? Mehh. Googled as well and one of the articles that came up is below.. Not sure if there has been news about this on BS earlier. I atleast came across the news today but this article says the movie went on floors in MarchConfused

Recreating 26/11 massacre felt terrifying: RGV
Maharashtra,Cinema/Showbiz, Tue, 04 Sep 2012IANS

Mumbai, Sep 4 (IANS) Ram Gopal Varma says that recreating the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, which claimed 166 lives, for his film was "terrifying".
"Just shot the Taj massacre of 26/11. Merely recreating it felt terrifying. Can't even imagine what the victims would have undergone," Varma tweeted Monday.
The movie, being made at a budget of Rs.40 crore, went on floors in March. It aims to bring forth every aspect of the dreadful attacks in which 166 people were killed.
Varma reportedly wanted to shoot some portions at The Taj Mahal Palace and Tower, which was one of the key spots of attack, but he was reportedly denied permission to film there.

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/2012/09/04/115--Recreating-26-11-massacre-felt-terrifying-RGV-Movie-Snippets-.html

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bambogli

anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:19am | IP Logged
Ram Gopal Varma shooting feverishly for 26/11 attacks
By: Bollywood Mantra Staff on 31st August 2012

Ram Gopal Varma's ki 26/11 Attacks seems to be hitting too many hurdles. Varma supposedly hasn't got the permission to shoot at Taj Mahal Palace and Tower hotel, Colaba for his film's shoot. Incidentally, he has also been granted just a limited access to CST.

The reason was quite obvious. The authorities were not in a mood to be reminded about that ghastly incident.  Even through a movie. Varma was indeed a bit disappointed with that. A source close to him said, "Ram Gopal Varma was a bit disappointed over not being given complete permission to shoot at CST or at the Colaba hotel. After shooting some sequences at CST, he will shoot the rest of the gory and firing scenes on another set."

But Ramu has now found an innovative way for his shoot. He has turned a hotel in Juhu into the chic lobby of Tower Hotel. The set has been designed by noted art director Uday Singh. Though, at a whooping cost of 2.5 crores.

Shortly after the terrorist attack RGV had visited Taj Mahal Hotel along with the then chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh and actor Ritesh Deskmukh. It had irked some people. He was seen as an opportunist, trying to make a movie on an incident that had deeply hurt people. In fact he was called 'insensitive scavenger. However, he had denied that and had said, "I just happened to be there. I was not part of the chief minister's team nor was I invited by him."

RGV has teamed up with Rommel Rodriguez, who is author of the book, 'Kasab the face of 26/11'. He has decided to give newcomer Sanjeev Jaiswal , the role of Ajmal Kasab . Earlier there were rumors that Ritesh Deshmukh may play that role.

Varma is quite eager about his new project and said, "It could be traumatic for many to see the recreation of that horrible tragedy. For me, in the context of the attacks, a five-star hotel is the symbol of human achievement in terms of splendor. To see blood flowing on its polished floo rs and its pristine walls and artifacts there to be riddled with bullets are living testimony of the ultimate barbarism Man is capable of doing."

He has described it as the most challenging movie of his career. He had said," "After my tryst with the so called underworld films I would consider this film as the greatest challenge of my career." We hope it comes out well.
Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -aakanksha-

Ram Gopal Varma shooting feverishly for 26/11 attacks
By: Bollywood Mantra Staff on 31st August 2012

Ram Gopal Varma's ki 26/11 Attacks seems to be hitting too many hurdles. Varma supposedly hasn't got the permission to shoot at Taj Mahal Palace and Tower hotel, Colaba for his film's shoot. Incidentally, he has also been granted just a limited access to CST.

The reason was quite obvious. The authorities were not in a mood to be reminded about that ghastly incident.  Even through a movie. Varma was indeed a bit disappointed with that. A source close to him said, "Ram Gopal Varma was a bit disappointed over not being given complete permission to shoot at CST or at the Colaba hotel. After shooting some sequences at CST, he will shoot the rest of the gory and firing scenes on another set."

But Ramu has now found an innovative way for his shoot. He has turned a hotel in Juhu into the chic lobby of Tower Hotel. The set has been designed by noted art director Uday Singh. Though, at a whooping cost of 2.5 crores.

Shortly after the terrorist attack RGV had visited Taj Mahal Hotel along with the then chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh and actor Ritesh Deskmukh. It had irked some people. He was seen as an opportunist, trying to make a movie on an incident that had deeply hurt people. In fact he was called 'insensitive scavenger. However, he had denied that and had said, "I just happened to be there. I was not part of the chief minister's team nor was I invited by him."

RGV has teamed up with Rommel Rodriguez, who is author of the book, 'Kasab the face of 26/11'. He has decided to give newcomer Sanjeev Jaiswal , the role of Ajmal Kasab . Earlier there were rumors that Ritesh Deshmukh may play that role.

Varma is quite eager about his new project and said, "It could be traumatic for many to see the recreation of that horrible tragedy. For me, in the context of the attacks, a five-star hotel is the symbol of human achievement in terms of splendor. To see blood flowing on its polished floo rs and its pristine walls and artifacts there to be riddled with bullets are living testimony of the ultimate barbarism Man is capable of doing."

He has described it as the most challenging movie of his career. He had said," "After my tryst with the so called underworld films I would consider this film as the greatest challenge of my career." We hope it comes out well.

As much as I'm not entirely game for this movie,
this bolded bit was said very, VERY articulately. 
anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:27am | IP Logged
But Rachna, has there been news about this earlier? I wasnt aware at all until I saw news on aajtak and then I googled and there were a bunch of articles. All I wish for is that he handle the movie with care and keep in mind the feelings of the victims and families.
-koiza- IF-Sizzlerz
-koiza-
-koiza-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:31am | IP Logged

oh 26/11 was an unfortunate incidence. 

Even the actor's ashish chaudary's sister with her family was killed in that one. Sad indeed.

bambogli

Chippeshwini IF-Sizzlerz
Chippeshwini
Chippeshwini

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -aakanksha-

But Rachna, has there been news about this earlier? I wasnt aware at all until I saw news on aajtak and then I googled and there were a bunch of articles. All I wish for is that he handle the movie with care and keep in mind the feelings of the victims and families.

Yes there was.. and that's exactly why I'm not game for it.

Right after 26/11 happened, like 2 days later, they were showing it on news how RGV and Ritesh and his father were touring the hotel... freaking 2 days after the blasts occurred!

I don't know.. I just felt like RGV was tripping over himself trying to find a film opportunity out of a national disaster. 

anku-

Gujar IF-Rockerz
Gujar
Gujar

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:38am | IP Logged
RGV is frustrated about his professional life in general, the clarifications/denials all stem from that frustration, he's clueless himself about his standing in the industry. Since everything collapsed like a sack of shit for him. Now he'll do anything it takes to salvage his distorted reputation. 
anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
It was much more than sad. No words to describe the pain the families ot the victims went through. When I think of 26/11, I think of these ppl:

My heart breaks and I can't stop myself from crying everytime I see the videos of all these people shown on Zindagi Live. RGV should see these ppl, keep them in mind while making the film. His film is going to bring back terrible memories for these and many more families.

Edited by -aakanksha- - 04 September 2012 at 2:49am

Go to top