pollution of culture? - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
the scary thing is that the people like garg families and the [people who thinks women's cloth and education are polluting our culture really exist..not on town but also in metro cities ..there are several incidents in Delhi and near Kolkata caught attention in recent days and made us more scared
Originally posted by aru_86

the scary thing is that the people like garg families and the [people who thinks women's cloth and education are polluting our culture really exist..not on town but also in metro cities ..there are several incidents in Delhi and near Kolkata caught attention in recent days and made us more scared

yes i agree i have a18 yr old daughter and my inlaws want my daughter to be decently dressed   ..it means no low necks and not very low backs ...so i think that is reasonable ...and whenever she was with us i used to allow her clothes she liked wearing ...but now going into a eng college she herself understands and follows ...never is education going to be a hinderance to anything ..infact once u start getting higher education i feel your   thinking power increases your ideas broaden   and regarding clothes  wear accordingly    thats all ..
things regarding education will change but will take time  ...my own experience was my father was very orthodox ..i can realate to this story ...but he was never against education he was against fancy clothes  dancingor for that matter any other extra activity ...but was all for education and once i entered mid school he never bothered what i did 😊
what happen to free speech, freedom of choice,freedom to express one self, what happen to our basic liberty as women and girls, when a father tell his daughter that she can go to college if she promise to never play hockey again or else she can sit at home for an entire year, something is wrong here. every parent want the best for their children,whe we c our kids excel at anything whether it is sport or academic we feel proud, but it is like this father has no respect or feeling for his daughter. it is no wonder rachana is so timid.
Dress code- since when is it a crime for a woman to wear a jeans, who said that by wearing western clothes is a disrespect to religion or culture. i think in today's society these religious fanatic n zelous r taking things too far, they r biggers issues to deal with, what about crimes against women, corruption, murder etc. i agree that sometimes we as women takes our dressing too far but come on. personall i think there should b a dress code for any religious gathering, schools and certain government  n business places.
I like this current track if it is handle properly it will draw in a number of young viewers, brave of the writers to tackle this issue. HATS OFF.
Originally posted by paras22

cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, murder,rape, corruption are polluting our culture not the clothes, or education of women .
i don't understand why men men have problem with women wearing jeans when they themselves are wearing it.
ok i personally don't like women women wearing too much revealing clothes but then its my view. i can't force my view on someone else.
as far as dress code is concerned, schools, office and places of worship should have dress code and people should follow it but at other places people should have freedom wearing whatever clothes they want provided they took care whenever they are going with children

Thats what the girls are standing up against. They are voicing their disapproval over the so called culture. Over clothes
I have never been to India so I don't know how it is there in real life regarding western clothes. But compared to some of the low back saree tops and the skirt part of the saree is low on the hips, I cannot understand what the issue with the jeans could be with regards to decency. More skin is shown with those sari tops. Please note that I have no problem with the sari tops. I am just curious to know why it's decent to wear these sari tops with low backs and skirts on the hips but a jeans is considered indecent.
I think the CVs have chosen a very relevant topic to show here 👍🏼 
Originally posted by JulieD

[STRONG]I have never been to India so I don't know how it is there in real life regarding western clothes. But compared to some of the low back saree tops and the skirt part of the saree is low on the hips, I cannot understand what the issue with the jeans could be with regards to decency. More skin is shown with those sari tops. <font color="#0000ff"><font color="#990000">Please note that I</font> <font color="#990000">have no problem twith the sari tops</font>. I am just curious to know why it's decent to wear these sari tops with low backs and skirts on the hips but a jeans is considered indecent.</font>[/
STRONG]

actually here in India in the interiors its not about wearing jeans.its about women wearing mens clothing. Something about male egos and mcpism. Wel i dont lik women wering reaveling clothes my self. But jeans with a decent top is hardly revealing
Originally posted by macdonald

actually here in India in the interiors its not about wearing jeans.its about women wearing mens clothing. Something about male egos and mcpism. Wel i dont lik women wering reaveling clothes my self. But jeans with a decent top is hardly revealing

yes i agree with u totally ...i think it hurts the male ego and basically girls r taking over all the fields so they feel threatened ...mind me the well educated ..cultured men will not feel threatened ...but people with  a  atmosphere in the house wherein   boys r preferred or favored   this is going to happen ...for this we really need our society to change 
i personally feel sarees and chaniya cholis r more revealing ...jeans r so convenient and comfortable to wear  .