India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Soap and signals (Page 2)

rohini55 Goldie
rohini55
rohini55

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:00am | IP Logged
I remember the scene where DS cried to Bhairon about the wrongs she did to A. It was anotherb beautiful episode, which was dramatic without any overt drama. 
I do know all that but what does one do in this TRP obsessed soap world? BV has been in top five without doing anything that its rival soaps do except for an idiotic segment featuringTeepri. This shows it has a mature audience. So my point is that they shd be  faithful to the basic plot and characters without going the melodrama way too much. They didn't have to show G being pregnant to establish the divergence between A and J. That is a done deed requiring no external stimulus. 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shamarthe_Rijlavyrusha4003fastforwardAnjanaYYZ

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:31am | IP Logged
Rohini - how does G's pregnancy factor in?Ermm  Not sure what u r trying to quite say.  Waise if u r looking for pointless tracks then look no further than the Badimaasi cancer track... no idea what that was about

G's pregnancy is needed... y o y... not for A to handover J to G in a giftwrap.  That's a GIVEN.  But, to tie J to G.   And G to J.  J stuck with the rishta whether he wants to or not...making G ka life miserable.  

G's pregnancy isn't about A, its about JG ka punishing them, however, long G is preggers... or its to permanently sever that rishta if she aborts

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shamarrohini55lavyJan50adi2512

mansimat Senior Member
mansimat
mansimat

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 2:52am | IP Logged
I would like add my views here. If we look at the symbolism so far in Balika Vadhu, it has been very much uni-directional. Whatever signs they have used to foretell the story, have always been right on cue. The only thing is sometimes, it has taken a very long time for them to actualize. But they have. I don't really think that BV will do a volte face and bring about a change in Ansh union. 
Though, It might bring out the sympathy and love of dadisa for Jagya. But let's not mistake this inherent sympathy towards Jagya's pitiful state as a great symbol of change in her character. 

Also, if I may add, I think the story is verging towards an Ansh & Jaga union. In fact I think that Anandi would be instrumental in getting Jagya forgiveness from his family. And then again in the JaGa re-union. I am dreading this though, because I don't think I will have the heart to bear the scenes. I am not sure if I would be able to watch Anandi do good to Gauri. I hope Anandi doesn't have that much goodness in her. Gauri, has not even got punished for all her deeds, let alone, redemption.

Edited by mansimat - 04 September 2012 at 3:35am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

shamarTheM5393brick_redthe_RijlavyJan50hookedfastforwardSuchi-aparnaumaAnjanaYYZ

adi2512 IF-Sizzlerz
adi2512
adi2512

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Rohini.,

somehow, you reflect the same type of fears as i do...Smile
would like to jump in with my POV...
if at all, G does decide to keep the child, then probably CV's want to indicate that this is the destiny's judgement to J...that he cannot just shirk from his responsibility towards G and the child...whether he likes it or not ( he may better like it ! )
also, it can be perceived as the destiny's way of giving the desired push to A to come out of memories of J ...becoz, now, she has to battle not only with her memories but also with the person right infront of her as we feel he will be back with a BIG sorry...

So, instead of solely relying on herself, to make her slate clean, she has the help of Shiv as well as the destiny...Big smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shamarmansimatthe_RijlavyAnjanaYYZaparnauma

lavy Goldie
lavy
lavy

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 3:52am | IP Logged
Signs and symbols sometimes even affect our everyday life a lot so why not serials? 

Sumitra closing her laptop cannot be viewed as a symbol or sign. She is just pissed off with A having to leave the family as she knows how valuable A is and having to let go of her is giving her a lot of pain. She cannot understand how could J be such an Ass.

I tend to agree with Anjana here about DS. Jagya is the child of the house and she is bound to get a bit mushy thinking of him. Am also sure DS wont budge away from Ansh nor would she regret Ansh.  Shiv will remain her kawarsa, but Jagya can come back to the house as her Grand Son. Why should that door be closed now for J? 

As far as A's confusion goes, am 100% sure she wont have any confusion. She is scared of moving on..does not mean she would love to have J back. She is over J, just not over the 18 yrs with him and his family.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

rusha4003Suchi-tiny15

adi2512 IF-Sizzlerz
adi2512
adi2512

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged
 i remember a dialogue from one of Shahrukh's movie...if your love for somebody is genuine...the whole of nature will help you in getting you to your love...
Shiv's love for Anandi is genuine...may be this is the nature's way of giving him help...

let's keep all our discussions on the forums etc., aside for  a moment and put ourselves in the shoes of lay audience...what will they feel...with the conversations that A had with Ashima ( after turning down the proposal with Shiv ), with Bhairon ( before Sagai ), and with Khajan ( y/day )...though she may have her heart turned to a stone with J's misdeeds...a small part of it still beats for J...for the beautiful memories that he had given her...due to which she cannot reciprocate the warmth and love that is oozing towards her from Shiv... however strong she may seem to outside world...J IS HER WEAKNESS...SHE IS AFTERALL A HUMAN...now with J's return, it will defntly impact this small corner of her heart...how many ever steps she is willing to take forward, she may def go that many backward...so how to come to a closure...to let her stand atleast where she stands right now...there should be some reason for audience to accept that J infact has a responsibility that he cannot run away from...and A has to have a reason to slowly erase that corner of her heart that she has dedicated to J. What better twist than G with J's child...once this is done, now it is all upto Shiv...to reclaim the whole of her heart...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

lavyrohini55

rohini55 Goldie
rohini55
rohini55

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:10am | IP Logged
@adi, agree with you totally.I just hope the story remains faithful to the basic nature of the chracters. That's all I ask for. -- not twists for the sake of twists and trps.
aparnauma IF-Stunnerz
aparnauma
aparnauma

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged
@rohini55
A and J will never get together again. Even with no baby A will never do what G has done to her and neither will she let J leave G.
Some relationships need cementing substance in case J and G baby will be the substance.They will be forced to play the role of parents while playing that role they may rediscover each other.So I think baby is essential for the story.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

brick_redAnjanaYYZ

Go to top