Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mansimat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
I would like add my views here. If we look at the symbolism so far in Balika Vadhu, it has been very much uni-directional. Whatever signs they have used to foretell the story, have always been right on cue. The only thing is sometimes, it has taken a very long time for them to actualize. But they have. I don't really think that BV will do a volte face and bring about a change in Ansh union. 
Though, It might bring out the sympathy and love of dadisa for Jagya. But let's not mistake this inherent sympathy towards Jagya's pitiful state as a great symbol of change in her character. 

Also, if I may add, I think the story is verging towards an Ansh & Jaga union. In fact I think that Anandi would be instrumental in getting Jagya forgiveness from his family. And then again in the JaGa re-union. I am dreading this though, because I don't think I will have the heart to bear the scenes. I am not sure if I would be able to watch Anandi do good to Gauri. I hope Anandi doesn't have that much goodness in her. Gauri, has not even got punished for all her deeds, let alone, redemption.

Edited by mansimat - 11 years ago
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Rohini.,

somehow, you reflect the same type of fears as i do...😊
would like to jump in with my POV...
if at all, G does decide to keep the child, then probably CV's want to indicate that this is the destiny's judgement to J...that he cannot just shirk from his responsibility towards G and the child...whether he likes it or not ( he may better like it ! )
also, it can be perceived as the destiny's way of giving the desired push to A to come out of memories of J ...becoz, now, she has to battle not only with her memories but also with the person right infront of her as we feel he will be back with a BIG sorry...

So, instead of solely relying on herself, to make her slate clean, she has the help of Shiv as well as the destiny...😃

lavy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Signs and symbols sometimes even affect our everyday life a lot so why not serials? 

Sumitra closing her laptop cannot be viewed as a symbol or sign. She is just pissed off with A having to leave the family as she knows how valuable A is and having to let go of her is giving her a lot of pain. She cannot understand how could J be such an Ass.

I tend to agree with Anjana here about DS. Jagya is the child of the house and she is bound to get a bit mushy thinking of him. Am also sure DS wont budge away from Ansh nor would she regret Ansh.  Shiv will remain her kawarsa, but Jagya can come back to the house as her Grand Son. Why should that door be closed now for J? 

As far as A's confusion goes, am 100% sure she wont have any confusion. She is scared of moving on..does not mean she would love to have J back. She is over J, just not over the 18 yrs with him and his family.
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 i remember a dialogue from one of Shahrukh's movie...if your love for somebody is genuine...the whole of nature will help you in getting you to your love...
Shiv's love for Anandi is genuine...may be this is the nature's way of giving him help...

let's keep all our discussions on the forums etc., aside for  a moment and put ourselves in the shoes of lay audience...what will they feel...with the conversations that A had with Ashima ( after turning down the proposal with Shiv ), with Bhairon ( before Sagai ), and with Khajan ( y/day )...though she may have her heart turned to a stone with J's misdeeds...a small part of it still beats for J...for the beautiful memories that he had given her...due to which she cannot reciprocate the warmth and love that is oozing towards her from Shiv... however strong she may seem to outside world...J IS HER WEAKNESS...SHE IS AFTERALL A HUMAN...now with J's return, it will defntly impact this small corner of her heart...how many ever steps she is willing to take forward, she may def go that many backward...so how to come to a closure...to let her stand atleast where she stands right now...there should be some reason for audience to accept that J infact has a responsibility that he cannot run away from...and A has to have a reason to slowly erase that corner of her heart that she has dedicated to J. What better twist than G with J's child...once this is done, now it is all upto Shiv...to reclaim the whole of her heart...

rohini55 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@adi, agree with you totally.I just hope the story remains faithful to the basic nature of the chracters. That's all I ask for. -- not twists for the sake of twists and trps.
aparnauma thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
@rohini55
A and J will never get together again. Even with no baby A will never do what G has done to her and neither will she let J leave G.
Some relationships need cementing substance in case J and G baby will be the substance.They will be forced to play the role of parents while playing that role they may rediscover each other.So I think baby is essential for the story.

surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
dadisa agar jagya ko dekh letin to woh jagya ko pakadtin aur  shiv se kehtin ki shiv beta ab tum ghar jao yeh sagai angunthi bhi wapas kar do kyonki ab mera raaj kunvar ghar wapas aa gaya hai ab main sagai anandi apne pote ke saath karaoongi .phir dadisa kehtin  jagya aur anandi se  ab tum dono ek doosre ko angunthi pehnao
rohini55 thumbnail

Look, I don't think there is any disagreement among us. We are saying the same thing in different ways. I know it will be Ansh in the end  so this discussion is not about Ansh versus Jaan.

I was on the point of consistency in the  plot and characterisations. When DS changed from autocrat to progressive matriarch,  it was a tectonic shift brought about by Jag leaving Anandi and someone asking her if she would get her DIL remarried.  For DS it was her chance to do right by the little girl on whom she had committed untold atrocities and whose husband left her because the grandmother had indulged and pampered him.

Having taken the decision, DS, in typical fashion, went about the task with messianic zeal. She sent A after S, not caring about the possible damage that could cause to A's reputation. She didn't bother about village gossip or misgivings from her own children. She knew it was the right decision and she railroaded it.

My point of difference arises only one issue: How can the same woman who moved heaven and earth to get Ansh together,  bring J to the haveli knowing the pain that would cause A, knowing the fragile state of her mind?  How can she be insensitive to Shiv and his family who are bound not to like J's presence in the haveli?

If all this is a dream, and DS actually does not indulge J, the stupid fool, I'd be very, very happy. If on the other hand, she does bring him home , I would need to ask her these questions.

lavy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You should be very very happy Rohini. :) Are you ?

Did you hear DS say...Straight from the horses mouth that the distances are slowly but surely reducing :)
Edited by lavy - 11 years ago
rohini55 thumbnail
Was it just a dream? If it was , I'd indeed be very very happy because this forum has been buzzing wth speculation abt DS bringing him home. Even A supporters were upset to hear this. Am in ofice so have now way of knowing. Tell me..