Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Sushpective: Twist in store for the future... (Page 5)

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by premparbat

HI Sush, So bring back Shyam track is on...at the cost of making everyone look stupid including the audience.
</div>
Indeed Shyam / Abhaas seems to the Golden boy here and the leads are simply reduced to eye candy. A shame.

<div>I am back in rant mode today after having made a solemn promise yesterday to take each day as it comes...

They can't seriously be thnking about getting Shyam back...not for long...Audience can only take so much torture...and hero getting fooled...this is a fictional story...It HAS to be entertaining... Perhaps it is better that they dont get married...then they can meet in GH and we don't have to tolerate the creep on the screen...

Edited by -Sush- - 04 September 2012 at 7:52pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Zuzanapremparbat

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by purplenpink

<font color="#6633cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Heya Sush, yesterday's was avery goodepi esp after the Friday debacle which seemed to resort to gore and bad contrivances to create some unwarranted sensationalism. I had tuned in with less than half a heart and was more than pleasantly surprised at the brilliant carry forward.</font>

<font color="#6633cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font>

<font color="#6633cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Finally a peek into that much hinted past and all the while admirably keeping Arhi at the focus- good job CVsThumbs UpI only hope the past and the hint of the MU there, has something more concrete to it than the flimsy terrace MU.</font>

<font color="#6633cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"></font>

<font color="#6633cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Today we saw anjali a girl who has lost it all- parents, husband and baby. And a boy who was forced to become a man and take charge of his sister promising her a world of happiness and yet blaming himself for failing to deliver on it.</font>

<font color="#6633cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Liked the scene where a delusional Anjali takes one look at her brother and realizes she has lost the baby. Her loss reflected in his eyes- beautiful depiction of the strength of the sibling bond there.</font>

<font color="#6633cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">And the scene were Arnav breaks down and shares his past and his guilt with Khushi. A soul sister moment with you Sush as for me too the setting was reminiscent of the scene aeons ago when the two had similarly sat on a hospital bench as Khushi had broken down about her father's poor health and Arnav had comforted her with a hand on her head. The two have traversed a long journey since then and yet theperpetrator of their grief is the same as it was then and he still roams around scot free- Shyam</font>

<font color="#6633cc" size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's heartening to see Khushi acting as Arnie's strength and confidante as he continues on his petal bartan journey and I hope we'll only see more of this going forward. The past MU does give an uneasy feeling of perhaps another MU coming up soon if Garima indeed is the other woman.</font>

<font color="#6633cc" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">One does feel very bad for Anjali for she has indeed lost a lot and is not someone who can easily rise above it. Her healing will take time and will have to be initiated by her at some point just like Arnav has now started doing that by sharing his inner complexes and fears/failings with Khushi. Anjali is actually a very layered character too and a complex personality who can be delusional and easily fooled while sometimes exhibiting surprising grit- there was scope for a more nuanced portrayal by a more capable actor perhaps. That said, I think a lot of the hatred for Anjali is actually dislike for DB. I have not seen that infamous DB interview but don't for a moment think that any actor wields the kind of power that would lead CVs to change tracks to give her more prominence.</font>

Excellent post purple!    

Yeah another rift is on the way...because of the past...but perhaps after reaching further heights in their relationship...as a couple who see each other through thick and thin...although all in fast motion

Edited by -Sush- - 04 September 2012 at 7:46pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

purplenpink

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mamiji

<font size="4">Sush I agree with you about the twist. This seems common to have the past repeated again. To be honest with you about Daljeet's character, I think its great she asked for a stronger screen presence, she was kind of getting thrown in the background. Characters like mamiji, buaji, shyam, and NK were getting more screen presence. Her future is at sake here, and she has a right to ask for it. But I think the CV's played a cruel joke on Daljeet by giving her the current role as the naive, cunning, and self-happiness seeking Anjali.As a viewer I have not been able to connect with Anjali at all. In the beginning when Shyam was shown as a cheat there was a connection, when she realized that she was pregnant with her baby there was a connection, and when she found out his deceit there was a connection. I have never been married, pregnant, or cheated on but I still connected with her on a human level. However her miscarriage was not something I could connect with. To me what has been broadcasted so far from the show is that if Anjali cannot have Shyam, she does not want the baby. Remember she once tried to kill her own child when she thought that the family will not treat her baby well. Therefore, the baby's loss is also a loss of having Shyam in her life. Since Shyam is the villian, I cannot connect with her. Whether its the storyline or whether its just poor directing, there were many things that were done wrong in the show to broadcast to the audience that Anjali is delusional and crazy. She could have beenportrayedin a better light, and this would be something most of us would have a connection with. I love this show and I continue watching it for Arhi, but I sometimes wonder if I need to take a break just for my own sanity.</font>

Hi there...Yes... I agree tha Anjali and all other side characters have been underutilized except Shyam who is over utilized IMO...

I also agree tha the could write Anjalis character a lot better than the one that appears foolish...she is highl insecure...and that's what the failed to show...

The show does not have good writers of female characters...even Khushi appears iffy at times...and highly inconsistent...

Am not sure if they will improve this...

Edited by -Sush- - 04 September 2012 at 8:37pm

DefLeppard

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vera

Originally posted by sun2011

Originally posted by -Sush-

True Ratna...the story is getting quite interesting and I almost didn't watch it...I am interested in everything but Shyam to continue to fool all including Arnav...ARnie boy HAS to come on TOP here...

When It comes to fiction...I am simplistic on one account..that is...The hero has to outsmart the villain...no ifs and buTs about that one...

Big smile

Loved your post and comments.
Yes it is high time ASR outwits Shyam - - - or perhaps Khushi will help him:)

I think that is where this is heading. ASR does not think when he is angry so Khushi will help him calm down and think with his "shatir dimaag" that we have only heard of till now. LOLI don't like the ekta type serials where the villian continues to create misunderstandings and is never caught. So I expect better from IPK. I am hoping that A & K will work together to bring down Shyam ! Now that will be something worth watching!

Ah...the proverbial villain of Indian soaps...do we have something better to look forward fo?
-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sush-

Originally posted by premparbat

HI Sush, So bring back Shyam track is on...at the cost of making everyone look stupid including the audience.
</div>
Indeed Shyam / Abhaas seems to the Golden boy here and the leads are simply reduced to eye candy. A shame.

<div>I am back in rant mode today after having made a solemn promise yesterday to take each day as it comes...

They can't seriously be thnking about getting Shyam back...not for long...Audience can only take so much torture...and hero getting fooled...this is a fictional story...It HAS to be entertaining... Perhaps it is better that they dont get married...then they can meet in GH and we don't have to tolerate the creep on the screen...

Unbelievable! They ARE thinking of getting Shyam back and it is Khushi who is going to facilitate that? They really need better writers for the female characters on the show!!!! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mamijipremparbat

premparbat IF-Rockerz
premparbat
premparbat

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Hi Sush for some reason I liked todays episode. Maybe it is because I am out of rant.

I knew Khushi will make case for it and true to her nature she did. She sees Di weak and gets easily persuaded b Shyams tears and ridden by her heart she makes a plea to let him in for once. I  liked the fact that the two did not fight about it and discussed it like a couple with different opinions. Khushi gave me with a maybe.

My BIGGEST crib is to give so much peer to the. Villan to be able to destro lives and get away scot free E VERYTIME.  There are so many things that ca happen...maybe babuji shows sign of getting enter and Shyam is scared   Or some of his misdeeds are somewha caught by mami...or Arnie tightens the leash with no money to Di and jijaji ...something at least. And not just a lead tha turns cold immediately...

Too much of Shyam and now the latest interview of the writer ...says that they are thnking if the marriage should happe or should shy interrupt it...

Just not happy with the Shyam track...

-Sush-

darch Newbie
darch
darch

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:44am | IP Logged
but why u think the other women is Garima then what is the role of Sham and his sis?
sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:55am | IP Logged
Hey Sush!!

What a lovely post. And I agree the Anjali hate has grown magnitudes, but that is probably because the majority of their demographic doesn't relate to her.
I know I don't, sure love is blind and so is trust... but there is life and it teaches you and gives you opportunities to start thinking... its hard to believe nothing has gotten inside her yet. Even a wife in a middle-class family knows when her husband starts having an affair. She shuts up due to circumstances and because she more often than not does not have a choice. What is Anjali's excuse again? Hold on to a perfect world?
I have a perfect world too where I get that 3.95 GPA and go work for a hawty firm on Wall Street. Dream, yes? Realistic? Well, I know my capability so when it doesn't happen, I will not slip into depression. I'll simply get up and dust myself.
That's how most 21st century females are... why can't they be a tad bit more realistic with Anjali then?

Alas, its all in the name of TRPs. I had said the 2.6 was the taken for granted eternal group... Just because I have come to love these characters and I'll say it like it is.. Right now its Arnav and Khushi and Barun and Sanaya for me. I sincerely hope you get your 4.0 crowd (if you can), sooner than later beecause it may just get too late.

Go to top