Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Sushpective: Twist in store for the future... (Page 3)

purplenpink Goldie
purplenpink
purplenpink

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 6:52am | IP Logged

Heya Sush, yesterday's was a very good epi esp after the Friday debacle which seemed to resort to gore and bad contrivances to create some unwarranted sensationalism. I had tuned in with less than half a heart and was more than pleasantly surprised at the brilliant carry forward.

Finally a peek into that much hinted past and all the while admirably keeping Arhi at the focus- good job CVsThumbs Up I only hope the past and the hint of the MU there, has something more concrete to it than the flimsy terrace MU.

Today we saw anjali a girl who has lost it all- parents, husband and baby. And a boy who was forced to become a man and take charge of his sister promising her a world of happiness and yet blaming himself for failing to deliver on it.

Liked the scene where a delusional Anjali takes one look at her brother and realizes she has lost the baby. Her loss reflected in his eyes- beautiful depiction of the strength of the sibling bond there.

And the scene were Arnav breaks down and shares his past and his guilt with Khushi. A soul sister moment with you Sush as for me too the setting was reminiscent of the scene aeons ago when the two had similarly sat on a hospital bench as Khushi had broken down about her father's poor health and Arnav had comforted her with a hand on her head. The two have traversed a long journey since then and yet the perpetrator of their grief is the same as it was then and he still roams around scot free- Shyam

It's heartening to see Khushi acting as Arnie's strength and confidante as he continues on his petal bartan journey and I hope we'll only see more of this going forward. The past MU does give an uneasy feeling of perhaps another MU coming up soon if Garima indeed is the other woman.

One does feel very bad for Anjali  for she has indeed lost a lot and is not someone who can easily rise above it. Her healing will take time and will have to be initiated by her at some point just like Arnav has now started doing that by sharing his inner complexes and fears/failings with Khushi. Anjali is actually a very layered character too and a complex personality who can be delusional and easily fooled while sometimes exhibiting surprising grit- there was scope for a more nuanced portrayal by a more capable actor perhaps. That said, I think a lot of the hatred for Anjali is actually dislike for DB. I have not seen that infamous DB interview but don't for a moment think that any actor wields the kind of power that would lead CVs to change tracks to give her more prominence. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DefLeppardZuzana-Sush-

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zuzana

Sush loved the episode...beautifully done with the right emotions!

My heart went out to Anjali ...she has lost everything...losing a baby is the worst any woman could handleCry

I dont undertsnad the forum many times...so dont bother much!

Loved Arnav and Anjalis silent communication...absolutely brilliant shot!Clap
It was heart warming to see Arnav open up to kushi ...they have become soul mates and accepted it! 

Yes...Zuz...the real test of if the wider audience relate to Anjali or not will be if the TRP holds up...

Edited by -Sush- - 04 September 2012 at 7:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Zuzana

Zuzana IF-Rockerz
Zuzana
Zuzana

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Ratna loved your post!Clap

From yesterdays epi  the past does look very flimsy! Nothing much to hold...so I expect more to it than we saw! 

I too am more worried for Arhi and all the impact all this has on them right from the argument of whether to let Shyam in RM or not to handling Anji and then revelation of the past each and everything will be a testing time for Arhi's bond,..so me more interested to see how the writers shape it up!

Originally posted by -Sush-

When It comes to fiction...I am simplistic on one account..that is...The hero has to outsmart the villain...no ifs and buTs about that one...

Sush I so agree with you..I am so waiting for that moment his harvard brain comes into playLOL

Edited by Zuzana - 04 September 2012 at 8:07am

-Sush-

Vera Senior Member
Vera
Vera

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sun2011

Originally posted by -Sush-

True Ratna...the story is getting quite interesting and I almost didn't watch it...I am interested in everything but Shyam to continue to fool all including Arnav...ARnie boy HAS to come on TOP here...

When It comes to fiction...I am simplistic on one account..that is...The hero has to outsmart the villain...no ifs and buTs about that one...

Big smile

Loved your post and comments.
Yes it is high time ASR outwits Shyam - - - or perhaps Khushi will help him:)

I think that is where this is heading. ASR does not think when he is angry so Khushi will help him  calm down and think with his "shatir dimaag" that we have only heard of till now. LOL I don't like the ekta type serials where the villian continues to create misunderstandings and is never caught. So I expect better from IPK. I am hoping that A & K will work together to bring down Shyam ! Now that will be something worth watching!

-Sush-

Mamiji Senior Member
Mamiji
Mamiji

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Sush I agree with you about the twist. This seems common to have the past repeated again. To be honest with you about Daljeet's character, I think its great she asked for a stronger screen presence, she was kind of getting thrown in the background. Characters like mamiji, buaji, shyam, and NK were getting more screen presence. Her future is at sake here, and she has a right to ask for it. But I think the CV's played a cruel joke on Daljeet by giving her the current role as the naive, cunning, and self-happiness seeking Anjali. As a viewer I have not been able to connect with Anjali at all. In the beginning when Shyam was shown as a cheat there was a connection, when she realized that she was pregnant with her baby there was a connection, and when she found out his deceit there was a connection. I have never been married, pregnant, or cheated on but I still connected with her on a human level. However her miscarriage was not something I could connect with. To me what has been broadcasted so far from the show is that if Anjali cannot have Shyam, she does not want the baby. Remember she once tried to kill her own child when she thought that the family will not treat her baby well. Therefore, the baby's loss is also a loss of having Shyam in her life. Since Shyam is the villian, I cannot connect with her. Whether its the storyline or whether its just poor directing, there were many things that were done wrong in the show to broadcast to the audience that Anjali is delusional and crazy. She could have been portrayed in a better light, and this would be something most of us would have a connection with. I love this show and I continue watching it for Arhi, but I sometimes wonder if I need to take a break just for my own sanity. 

Edited by Mamiji - 04 September 2012 at 7:45am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DefLeppard-Sush-

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by premparbat

Hi Sush

After a very contrived and an episode meant to create a sensation on Friday today according to me IPK was on track on what it set out to be.  A lovestory and the journey of the lovers strew with obstacles and a past that connects them.

For me the biggest progression was of the couple and their development as true partners. Today was the starting and what is to be seen how these two will fair in their next big test.

Indeed a lot of ctrtism has been made towards DBand her character. I have been a big supporter of her for the reason that she willfully or unwillingly she has a traumatized past and she holds onto the little joy even though it is make belief. It's a weakness but nothing to be condemned for. She is unfortunately not backed by a clear character sketch and by her acting skills. I have always liked her as not everyone on this earth is strong and needs support. What I do expect of her is to see the truth and face facts. She is far from it and it is only her who can oust Shyam, no one else can.

Loved the performances today. Arnie is getting a flack for his enunciation which is fair but I loved his breakdown.  Every time he goes thru one there are different opinions on IF . I have been ok with all and have felt his pain.

The past at this point looks flimsy...I hope there is more to it rather than a silly MU .  Whatever my interest in the entire thing is to see how ArhI come thru ...and is their bond strong enough to weather the storms still ahead.

Sush like you I hate having Shyam on screen but I understand he is a necessary evil. Will his deeds be known to anyone or will he have it easy.  People wanted to see Arnie repent and I want to see Shyam punished...and please no turning into a new leaf. This character is beyond redemption.

Don't know about you Sush but I am loving it and have decide to go with the flow on IPK . I still love the show and  will continue with it in sickness and in health...

Take care.

One thing is clear...we as viewers hate any one who comes between Arhi...even when it was Khushi...who was running off and not letting "Arhi" happen...she was not the favorite...so Anjali kis khet ki Mooli hei...LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Agree with you on Baruns enunciation ...Some times he mumbles words...and I cant follow what he is saying...first I thought it was the accent...but it is actually an enunciation issue...As much as I like his acting skills (which I have written many posts aboutWink)...This is an area he can certainly improve upon...(Gosh...I will be a magnet for unpopular opinions...first speaking for Anjali/ Daljett and now criticizing Baruns enunciation ...I (we) might as well be dead on this board)DeadBig smileDead

Edited by -Sush- - 04 September 2012 at 9:22am

DefLeppard

-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

The highpoint of todays episode was Arnav opening upto Khushi.

You are so right about Anjali. She has done nothing but loving someone. Too bad that person is not worth her love. Hope someday CVs show a strong Anjali.

I too am still holding out hope for her Israt...!! I am all fo STRONG WOMEN!!!!!! Big smile Big smile Big smile

Edited by -Sush- - 04 September 2012 at 5:04pm
-Sush- IF-Sizzlerz
-Sush-
-Sush-

Posted: 04 September 2012 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -sylph-

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">Sush nice take.</font>
</div><div>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">I for one liked the epi.</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">The scene where Anjali looks at Arnav and realizes her babies loss was so well done.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">I do not understand the hatred on DB to a large extent, if DB is getting more screen space then so is Abhas, Shyam is the major ring leader here, its all his actions that has led to these circumstances but none seem to even spare thoughts on Shyams evilness, GH made a mistake talking di ki saut lines and DBs interview seemed to hv done damage for few. But ppl need to cut her some slack.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">We got to see such a beautiful understanding between Arnav and Kushi yest, the communication was so heart felt. It was purely how a hubby trusted his wife and shared his pain with her and she supporting him silently..</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">yest epi was balanced, everyone were given their due.</font>
<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">scenes were touching as well.</font>

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">I hope they show anjali as a stronger Lwomen and nt being blind in love with shyam once she realizes what a scum bag he is.</font>

I agree Sylph...Somehow the forum sees this as Arhi vs Aranjali...Khushi vs Anjali...DB interview and leaks abou her demanding more screen time was a big PR failure for the PH...
They should really learn from it...focusing oo much on Anjalis reactions and not at all on her though process is not helping...

Here is to developing Anjalis character...!!!.

Edited by -Sush- - 04 September 2012 at 5:24pm

Go to top