Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Together in grief... (Page 7)

-Maggie- Goldie
-Maggie-
-Maggie-

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
N.Mussarrat in the Redux posted this picture: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3178042&TPN=4

Apparently, this is where dear mamaji has relocated too.  He is in Sony Tv's Love Marriage Ya Arranged marriage too, according to the poster.

Edited by magnetic693 - 03 September 2012 at 7:38pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

maaloodocgirlzainah09--Sari--showstruckipkbs

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Hello all!
Just got home after an amazing weekend and made a beeline to Doc and Sari's post, rest I will get back in a bit. Just wanted to make sure I catch Doc before she leaves ... again Big smile
@Doc - First of all.. boo hoo! I so wish you were in Boston, I had an amazing time although Maxine is probably doing jumping jacks in sheer joy that I left LOL coming back to your post, I am completely convinced now that I don't have to write anymore. You have said everything that I would have said. Mumbling has GOT to go. Bas. As far as the performance, there is room for improvement and quite a bit I must say. The accent thing has nothing to do with mumbling, completely irrelevant.
@Sari - Ransom? phangurls? Satyamev Jayate.. haila! abhi to humara 6 months ka contract khatam bhi nahi hua, aap abhi say aisy bataein kara rahi hain?LOL
@maxine - da fuq with symbolism. Just remember Nupur.

off to read the others...

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-maaloozainah09docgirl--Sari--Vistaamadmaxineshowstruckipkbs

zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Originally posted by savvy05

I have to admit, I was a bit sucked into the whole symbolism thing.
For the life of me I could not understand why Khushi was dragging the box before the famous I love you dammit episode, was it an indication of opening a Pandora's box?  Anyways... I am now reformedBig smile My motto - Go with the flow and not to waste unnecessary energy on a daily soap, instead sit back and enjoy till I like it.

Seriously?? I am really clueless when it comes to symbolism I thought that was just a way to get him out of his gloomy mood after the face off with the witch...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-maalooshowstrucksavvy05ipkbs

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

Originally posted by madmaxine

Hi SGs! 

Just popping in to say 3 things. 

1). Sari---thanks for saying that about the symbolisms and deeper meanings ruining it. I for one, am so thick skulled that I never get any deeper meaning out of anything. The amount Joey explained to me this weekend was astounding. I felt like I was eating Tiramisu, but counting the layers as I ate. Not even the taste of Tiramisu can rescue the pain of having to count the myriad layers. 

2). Docgirl: Sobti's mumbling! Good lord..I couldn't understand several things he said today. It's terrible. I like him as much as the next person, but the mumbling has got to go! Gawd...isn't diction the first thing they teach you at acting school or wherever these chaps go to become actors? 

3). Finally, I know everyone thinks today's episode is really good. I thought it was OK. Not stupendous. It's only stupendous if you compare it to Friday's Ramsay Brothers B-grade Horror movie. The lowering of the yardstick is perhaps inevitable in the face of all the yuckity yuck they threw at us on Friday. I, for one will never be able to reconcile myself to the grey cells I lost to electrocution that day. I feel like they're trying to rescue the crapshoot with classy. It might work. But I have a bit of a memory. I don't forget crap. Oh, well.

Maxine: Hug  Am sure you had a super time with Joey. Will have to get all the deets!  

1. I agree with Sari, twilight zone kills the show. I've been ranting about it for a while, but they ram it down our throats regardless. 

2. Surely chica you know these folks are born to act. Wink Unlike the rest of us who need years and years of training in our respective craft/trade... their only acting school is on the job, on the sets! LOL

3. Well, after Friday I was set to detox... so by comparison this WAS a stupendous  improvement! Most of us are 1. more forgiving than you perhaps Tongue and 2. entirely reliant on reference points. As Sari said Friday set the bar really low! 

Re 1). I think I may never recover from Friday. It's like when Indian lost the 2003 world cup. I cried for days. And then I stopped watching cricket with the same passion. Until they won in 2011. When I cried again..but tears of joy.So...I'll wait for IPK to have their 2011 moment. Smile 

I did have a nice time with Joey. I'm sure she'll provide you with deets! Hope your weekend was good too. 

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-purplenpinkdocgirljoenet1234showstruck--Sari--ipkbs

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by magnetic693

</div><div>
Hello!
Enjoyed the episode, and the takes thus far. The for me. When she regained consciousness and was refusing to acknowledge the miscarriage...didn't work for me. However, when the "pure" enjoyment of the episode. You do have me worried though...you seemed to have picked up on some unpleasant stuff. Hope it all works out though.
Which leads me to my question: IPPKND is one of the only indian soaps I have followed since the beginning. Do indian serials generally have a happy ending for the leads?????? I did watch an indian serial over eight years ago where the lead character eventually died of cancer after finally being accepted by her in-laws!! Dead Thankfully, I had stopped watching it before her death so I wasn't too scarred. I love M&B as they have happy endings, and I want my Arnav-Kushi to have one too... Is this a foolish hope? I can put up with the ups and downs, separations, etc...if I know they will be together in the end.
I know, a verysilly view to have..but I like my reel life to end well.

Most serials have happy ending for the leads.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-ipkbs

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:41pm | IP Logged

</div><div>
N.Mussarrat in the Redux posted this picture: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3178042&TPN=4
Apparently, this is where dear mamaji has relocated too. He is in Sony Tv's Love Marriage Ya Arranged marriage too, according to the poster.

It's a clip from Mahadev

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-docgirl.Mandy.

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madmaxine

Hi SGs! 

Just popping in to say 3 things. 

1). Sari---thanks for saying that about the symbolisms and deeper meanings ruining it. I for one, am so thick skulled that I never get any deeper meaning out of anything. The amount Joey explained to me this weekend was astounding. I felt like I was eating Tiramisu, but counting the layers as I ate. Not even the taste of Tiramisu can rescue the pain of having to count the myriad layers. 

Maxy-Loved this tiramisu symbolism girl...That is the pea brain variety...LOL you will fit in with us just fine, we have the copyright on that one...Joey explained or ate your brains?my evil twin gave me a break over the weekend (not quiteWink)...For that I have to thank you...I love that girl...she is a hoot isn't she?

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

docgirlzainah09soapsudsmadmaxineshowstruck

-Maggie- Goldie
-Maggie-
-Maggie-

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

</div><div>
Hello!
Enjoyed the episode, and the takes thus far. The for me. When she regained consciousness and was refusing to acknowledge the miscarriage...didn't work for me. However, when the "pure" enjoyment of the episode. You do have me worried though...you seemed to have picked up on some unpleasant stuff. Hope it all works out though.
Which leads me to my question: IPPKND is one of the only indian soaps I have followed since the beginning. Do indian serials generally have a happy ending for the leads?????? I did watch an indian serial over eight years ago where the lead character eventually died of cancer after finally being accepted by her in-laws!! Dead Thankfully, I had stopped watching it before her death so I wasn't too scarred. I love M&B as they have happy endings, and I want my Arnav-Kushi to have one too... Is this a foolish hope? I can put up with the ups and downs, separations, etc...if I know they will be together in the end.
I know, a verysilly view to have..but I like my reel life to end well.

Most serials have happy ending for the leads.

Thank you!  Hug  I hope this one does too!  The "starcrossed" reference has always worried me.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maalooshowstruck

Go to top