Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Together in grief... (Page 5)

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by madmaxine

Hi SGs! 

Just popping in to say 3 things. 

1). Sari---thanks for saying that about the symbolisms and deeper meanings ruining it. I for one, am so thick skulled that I never get any deeper meaning out of anything. The amount Joey explained to me this weekend was astounding. I felt like I was eating Tiramisu, but counting the layers as I ate. Not even the taste of Tiramisu can rescue the pain of having to count the myriad layers. 

2). Docgirl: Sobti's mumbling! Good lord..I couldn't understand several things he said today. It's terrible. I like him as much as the next person, but the mumbling has got to go! Gawd...isn't diction the first thing they teach you at acting school or wherever these chaps go to become actors? 

3). Finally, I know everyone thinks today's episode is really good. I thought it was OK. Not stupendous. It's only stupendous if you compare it to Friday's Ramsay Brothers B-grade Horror movie. The lowering of the yardstick is perhaps inevitable in the face of all the yuckity yuck they threw at us on Friday. I, for one will never be able to reconcile myself to the grey cells I lost to electrocution that day. I feel like they're trying to rescue the crapshoot with classy. It might work. But I have a bit of a memory. I don't forget crap. Oh, well. 

I think he mumbles more because he tries to incorporate that accent each time he speaks. And at times, like today, it all falls flat, the words don't come out right and nor does the accent!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie--Pallavi-zainah09maaloomadmaxineshowstruckipkbs

ipkbs IF-Sizzlerz
ipkbs
ipkbs

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Mandy.

Originally posted by maaloo

<font color="#cc0000" size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">The episode was really good, and very dramatic. Didn't like dadi as usual though. Her insistence in trying to get back Shyam.. it was kind of grating to me. Even in these trying times, it was as if she was proving her point with her I-told-you-so looks.</font>
<font color="#cc0000" size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Tomorrow, is when Shyam and Arnav come face to face. It being the hospital, and since he was obviously called in by Dadi, their face-off will be very limited I think. But anyways, the game has begun.. and though Shyam may feel powerful right now, he cannot be the God-player for long.</font>

I couldn't believe Dadi pushing Nani to bring back Shyam, she really wasted no time but in a way it is good since it leads to Arnav finally coming face to face with Shyam and realizing he was never out of the picture. I agree the face off will be limited with Shyam believing he's won but as usual that overconfidence will be his defeat, he will be back at RM alright but he won't be able to operate like he has in the past not with many of them watching him like a hawk. I truly look forward to his return at RM, it should be good.

I look forward to having shyam back at RM too Mandy,
Things are going to be good.. Big smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie--Pallavi-zainah09maalooshowstruck.Mandy.

maaloo IF-Dazzler
maaloo
maaloo

@ Sari: Loved your take as usual.   I am amazed by all the in-depth analysis and reading in to symbolisms.. I truly salute those who could do this.. but at the same time I do wonder, if the writers themselves think so deeply on what they dole out day in and day out.. My bird sized brain fails to see or decode half the things .. for me its more what i see is what i understand .. so just like you said in your post, I am gonna sit back and relax and take things as they come, instead of over-analyzing things and ruining my scant grey cells for a fiction.

@ Mandy: Great take.. I too feel that the whole ASR mom-dad MU as seen by a 14 year old boy didn't paint the right picture.. Not all the dots were connected.. and I am sure that his dad was nothing like Shyam. 

@meens: Superb...I am not quite so sure about Garima though.. Like you said, if she is then that would be a shock to me. But somehow I have a feeling that Garima was not directly involved in it, but she probably was the one who took the rap for it.. she might covered up for someone or something like that.. Dunno why.. but thats the way i feel.

@savvy: "He hugs her back, somewhere a bit comforted that he does not have to fight these battles alone anymore, once again divine presence watching over them. How far have these  two come together from the first day of the supposed contract marriage?" 
Loved this bit.. and its so true.. And their contract marriage has ended but their bond has only strengthened during all this. 

@ippy: Your optimism is truly contagious, and this is optimism is so very evident in your post every single day. Yep, there are too many kaala dals in this khichdi.. .As long as it doesn't give me indigestion, I am willing to savor each and every kala daal.. Wink

@sugarbabe: "Arnav and Khushi together fighting through tough times and Khushi being Arnav's emotional strength with Ganpati ji in the backdrop gives me hope that he's looking over them and they will get through all the obstacles laid out together. The past will shake them up and there will be a difference in opinion, but nonetheless, they will still be together and work together, they don't necessarily have to be physically together or apart. They've come a long way now, they're one soul and this will help them get through in tougher times."

Loved this part.. Amen to that. 

@docgirl: You nailed it when you said about Barun's mumbling. Especially when I watch it on TV I am very happy that there are subtitles at the bottom. That way I can watch the entire episode without any interference.. but he sure is a powerhouse actor. 
I also hope that Khushi doesn't offer herself as the sacrificial goatwa.. that would be too big a step backwords.. and we don't want any more of those.. Confused

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630crazyaddiction-Maggie-docgirlShegarf71zainah09premparbatshowstrucksavvy05soapsuds--Sari--sugar_babe.Mandy.pixiegirlipkbs

sugar_babe IF-Rockerz
sugar_babe
sugar_babe

Alright I'm off. Meeting people, a sort of mini-reunion..
Post updated on page 1!
xx

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-maaloo--Sari--showstruckipkbs

savvy05 IF-Rockerz
savvy05
savvy05

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:20pm | IP Logged

Hi SGs! 

1). Sari---thanks for saying that about the symbolisms and deeper meanings ruining it. I for one, am so thick skulled that I never get any deeper meaning out of anything. The amount Joey explained to me this weekend was astounding. I felt like I was eating Tiramisu, but counting the layers as I ate. Not even the taste of Tiramisu can rescue the pain of having to count the myriad layers. 

2). Docgirl: Sobti's mumbling! Good lord..I couldn't understand several things he said today. It's terrible. I like him as much as the next person, but the mumbling has got to go! Gawd...isn't diction the first thing they teach you at acting school or wherever these chaps go to become actors? 

3). Finally, I know everyone thinks today's episode is really good. I thought it was OK. Not stupendous. It's only stupendous if you compare it to Friday's Ramsay Brothers B-grade Horror movie. The lowering of the yardstick is perhaps inevitable in the face of all the yuckity yuck they threw at us on Friday. I, for one will never be able to reconcile myself to the grey cells I lost to electrocution that day. I feel like they're trying to rescue the crapshoot with classy. It might work. But I have a bit of a memory. I don't forget crap. Oh, well. 

Vidhya, nice to see you post so early in the hangout. The comparison was indeed to the Friday's/last week's episode when most of us almost felt like its about time for detox  for 2 reasons 1) Absolutely ramanchi with the marriage track which had nothing focused on Arhi except for Thursday and a bit of Friday 2) the way the jolt factor was introduced on Friday.

Gul seems to be back at the helm of things and as Sari pointed out expectations were very low going in but the understated scenes pulled it off.

I have to admit, I was a bit sucked into the whole symbolism thing. For the life of me I could not understand why Khushi was dragging the box before the famous I love you dammit episode, was it an indication of opening a Pandora's box?  Anyways... I am now reformedBig smile My motto - Go with the flow and not to waste unnecessary energy on a daily soap, instead sit back and enjoy till I like it.

Edited by savvy05 - 03 September 2012 at 7:22pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630crazyaddiction-Maggie-zainah09maaloodocgirljoenet1234--Sari--soapsudsmadmaxineshowstruck.Mandy.ipkbs

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meens80

Wonderful take Sari, loved it and loved the pics!

Today was fantastic; tight script, excellent pace and brilliant performances. The siblings rocked today. Today was about Arnav-Anjali and all about their rock Khushi. I am traveling this week and will be MIA but just wanted to drop in today to say i loved the episode and I'm super excited about the upcoming track. I am hoping for a united ARHI who stand with each other through thick and thinHeart.
Barun was undoubtedly at his brilliant best excellently supported excellently by Sanaya and Daljeet was very good in her scenes. I really felt for all 3 characters todayThumbs Up

Take care all and have a great week ahead. I'll try to drop by as n when i can otherwise catch up with all of you next weekSmile

Thanks Meens...Will miss you...Unhappy Safe travel...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630showstruckipkbs

-Maggie- Goldie
-Maggie-
-Maggie-

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Hello!

Enjoyed the episode, and the takes thus far.  The episode had me in tears at points...which IPPKND has not driven me too for awhile.

Anjali's grief was adequately done by DB..although something was lacking for me.  When she regained consciousness and was refusing to acknowledge the miscarriage...didn't work for me.  However, when she meets Arnav's eyes and slowly realization dawns...that was a good scene for me, and one I thought DB did well in.  

I am so happy to hear others had difficulty understanding what BS was saying in his scenes with Kushi.  I do understand the gist of the hindi spoken, however use the subtitles to reinforce/clarify what was said.  But those scenes with Arnav-Kushi...man, I just did not understand anything. I thought it might have been due to the hindi being used, but it was probably due to the fact that I could not completely hear what was being said!

@Sari: yes, I am trying not to keep hunting for symbolisms, hints etc.  It does spoil the "pure" enjoyment of the episode.  You do have me worried though...you seemed to have picked up on some unpleasant stuff.  Hope it all works out though.

Which leads me to my question:  IPPKND is one of the only indian soaps I have followed since the beginning.  Do indian serials generally have a happy ending for the leads??????  I did watch an indian serial over eight years ago where the lead character eventually died of cancer after finally being accepted by her in-laws!!  Dead  Thankfully, I had stopped watching it before her death so I wasn't too scarred.  I love M&B as they have happy endings, and I want my Arnav-Kushi to have one too...  Is this a foolish hope?   I can put up with the ups and downs, separations, etc...if I know they will be together in the end.

I know, a very silly view to have..but I like my reel life to end well. 

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-ashwink630Moon_lightcrazyaddictionSuniHriju321maaloo--Sari--soapsudspremparbatshowstruck.Mandy.ipkbs

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sugar_babe

Hi SGs! 

I think he mumbles more because he tries to incorporate that accent each time he speaks. And at times, like today, it all falls flat, the words don't come out right and nor does the accent!

Wasn't he speaking in Hindi for most part? I thought his accent issues usually come to the fore when he speaks English. Anyway. Bottom line...accent or not...he needs to stop mumbling. Like doc said..he can't mumble his way to superstardom in Bollywood. 

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-maaloozainah09docgirljoenet1234--Sari--soapsudsshowstrucksavvy05ipkbs

Go to top