Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Together in grief... (Page 3)

savvy05 IF-Rockerz
savvy05
savvy05

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 6:49pm | IP Logged

@Sari, Doc - Agree 100% on the diction and DB's portrayal. Today though DB did something different on the breakdown, for some it worked prior to the realization and for some after. Either way it was different from her standard portrayal and for me that worked.

@Mandy - Agree on the Mami portrayal. This is one character the CV's have been really consistent about. She never holds anything in her heart and blurts it out - be it her caustic remarks against the Gupta sisters or the fact that she overheard the Khushi-Shyam conversation. Today too, she was the first to break the news about the baby to Anjali when the remaining Raizada members were unable to speak.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie--Pallavi-crazyaddictionmaaloozainah09--Sari--sugar_babesoapsudsshowstruck.Mandy.ipkbs

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 6:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sari--

A lovely post & spot on...If I had a rant, your above lines would be it....I may sound like a broke record and face the wrath of phangurls but BS can deliver big time if he can improve on his diction...He has great potential, I don't doubt that one bit...I will not hesitate to point this out, even if the phangurls have a ransom on me. My life is precious but Satyameva jayete...Thumbs Up So many times I rewind but still quite can't get it...Then I just let it go coz I lose the flow...The past director's worked hard on this I suppose coz this is more evident now than before...

Daljeet fell flat for me...Her voice modulation isn't cutting it for me...She fell flat...Her character has so much potential...But she isn't cutting it for me...Yes, just when we thought detox times are here...

Doc, I am seriously tired of all the symbolism that is thrown around...That is where they are losing their audience...IF has taken it to a whole new level...I want to be a pea brain, get my 30 mins of simple pleasure of watching a gripping story & move on...We are all overdoing it & that is one reason we aren't enjoying this story...

Total 100% soul sisterhood today Sari! Supari from the phangurls on you and me both Wink ---- but I can't take Sobti's mumbling anymore. Zinny, we've been yelling from the rooftops, but the show's powers that be don't seem to care. If Sobti has bollywood ambitions, he has to do better than this in being understood. 

Unfortunately Daljeet will have more to deliver in terms of complexity. The sooner they restore her to the sweet clueless Di the better. That she can do...! 

@Israt: You've become a Sobti phangurl I think... usskay mann say aapkay mann tak! You understood him completely ShockedShockedShocked His speech seemed more unclear today than usual. Like Zinny I went back a few times and still didn't get it fully! Confused

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630Vera-Maggie--Pallavi-maaloozainah09joenet1234showstrucksavvy05--Sari--soapsudspixiegirlipkbs

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Mandy.

With the exception of Arnav and Khushi, I found Manorama to be the most realistic out of the family. Manorama rightfully did not want to leave her child's side knowing the ordeal she's endured but the rest of the family did not put up much of fight which I found surprising.

Mandy - agree, even with few lines, mami stood out. Her pain was so evident...She doesn't seem to differentiate between Arnav-Anjali and Aakash...They are her children...She is the saas to both Payal and Khushi... Fair even in cruelty...LOL
On thing I liked, even in her delusional state, she accepted the baby is gone...Otherwise it would be even more painful to watch...Ouch

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

nikkiaprilashwink630crazyaddiction-Maggie--Pallavi-maaloojoenet1234zainah09showstrucksoapsuds.Mandy.pixiegirlipkbs

maaloo IF-Dazzler
maaloo
maaloo

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
A power packed episode for sure.. The fact that they had audiences, atleast people like me, tuning in to see what happened, without a single promo being aired, and to be able to deliver the goods, shows the talent that this show has working behind it. Kudos to Barun Sobti, and Sanaya for portraying the emotions... not too much, not too little, just perfect. 
Daljeet was good for sure, much better than her usual performance but then somehow I seem to be a bit prejudiced, so I'd rather reserve my comments on her.

What we saw today was a mom whose pain is gut-wrenching when she realizes that she lost her baby .. her hope of finding happiness in a dark world.. 
We saw a nani and a mami, who were more like a mother to Anj, standing helplessly shedding tears. They would have done anything to make sure that their daughter's path in life was paved with roses, but they are helpless in the turns and twists that life doles out. 

We saw a brother, who though younger than Anjali, was always her rock. A brother who had vowed to make sure that he would protect his sister and keep her cocooned in a safe happy world, but time and again he was proven wrong. He was guilt ridden because he couldn't keep up his promise to his sister. .. but he needs to realize that it is impossible to shelter someone from the hard knocks in life, the best one could do, is to support them back and help them recover from it. 

We saw a girl, who is as much a victim as the brother and sister duo. Who has been tossed around and battered by life, but who has always pulled up and stood up that much taller, that much straighter and faced life.. because she believes in a higher force .. she believes that she has a role to play and she is happy to play the role as deemed by God. She becomes the rock for both Anjali, and also for Arnav. One she loves like a sister, the other is her love. This wisp of a girl, will help the two injured souls to stand up and face life and not run away from it, or try to fight it. 

The episode was really good, and very dramatic. Didn't like dadi as usual though. Her insistence in trying to get back Shyam.. it was kind of grating to me. Even in these trying times, it was as if she was proving her point with her I-told-you-so looks. 
Tomorrow, is when Shyam and Arnav come face to face. It being the hospital, and since he was obviously called in by Dadi, their face-off will be very limited I think. But anyways, the game has begun.. and though Shyam may feel powerful right now, he cannot be the God-player for long. 

smile emoticon kolobok

Edited by maaloo - 03 September 2012 at 7:20pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

-Reva-ashwink630yogifalucrazyaddiction-Maggie--Pallavi-Shegarf71--Sari--serialwatcher16premparbatshowstrucksavvy05soapsuds.Mandy.ipkbs

ipkbs IF-Sizzlerz
ipkbs
ipkbs

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:04pm | IP Logged
Mai bataaon.

I have rubbish hearing literally so for me everyone mumbles. Sobti does too, maybe more, Pata nai..
Especially when he's angry, he eats some of his words..
But today I heard everything on first watch.. maybe because he was crying?
Abnormal or what?? LOL

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie--Pallavi-IssK.zainah09maaloo--Sari--showstruck.Mandy.

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainah09

Sari..another awesome post!! Loved that you pointed out that even though he is younger he has always been the big brother to his sister..trying to ensure she is always protected..Going to follow your lead, stop looking for hidden meanings and enjoy the story as it plays out...as you stated in the end we have the ultimate power.

Mandy..I agree Manorama was the most realistic..her love for Anjali always comes through however silly she acts..quite surprised by the precap myself..I know we all expected Shyam back but not so soon but then again I didn't expect Arnavs past to be revealed today either..CV's seem to rush through everything at once or slow down altogether...

Ippy..Chotti sure showed them who the boss is and I think she is going to do it again with Chotte and he is not going to be happy about it...

I didn't find anything rushed today, the reveal of their past definately helped in understanding Arnav better. Timing was perfect

As for the Shyam and Arnav face to face, wasn't expecting it but glad it happened. CVs needed to move things along since the parallel tracks were starting to drag to the point where no one cared but now interest is gaining again which is a good thing.

I am expecting a fight between Arnav and Khushi over Shyam but it won't be bad, eventually Arnav will have to listen to Khushi since Shyam's return to RM is needed for the tracks to move forward.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie--Pallavi-IssK.crazyaddictionzainah09maaloo--Sari--soapsudsshowstruckipkbs

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
Hi SGs! 

Just popping in to say 3 things. 

1). Sari---thanks for saying that about the symbolisms and deeper meanings ruining it. I for one, am so thick skulled that I never get any deeper meaning out of anything. The amount Joey explained to me this weekend was astounding. I felt like I was eating Tiramisu, but counting the layers as I ate. Not even the taste of Tiramisu can rescue the pain of having to count the myriad layers. 

2). Docgirl: Sobti's mumbling! Good lord..I couldn't understand several things he said today. It's terrible. I like him as much as the next person, but the mumbling has got to go! Gawd...isn't diction the first thing they teach you at acting school or wherever these chaps go to become actors? 

3). Finally, I know everyone thinks today's episode is really good. I thought it was OK. Not stupendous. It's only stupendous if you compare it to Friday's Ramsay Brothers B-grade Horror movie. The lowering of the yardstick is perhaps inevitable in the face of all the yuckity yuck they threw at us on Friday. I, for one will never be able to reconcile myself to the grey cells I lost to electrocution that day. I feel like they're trying to rescue the crapshoot with classy. It might work. But I have a bit of a memory. I don't forget crap. Oh, well. 

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

tinutinuyogifaluashwink630IssK.Suni-Maggie-ArHi_4ever-Pallavi-ravenheartmaaloodocgirljoenet1234zainah09howcomeMepharmsavvy05premparbatshowstruck--Sari--soapsudspixiegirlipkbs

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by savvy05

@Sari, Doc - Agree 100% on the diction and DB's portrayal. Today though DB did something different on the breakdown, for some it worked prior to the realization and for some after. Either way it was different from her standard portrayal and for me that worked.

@Mandy - Agree on the Mami portrayal. This is one character the CV's have been really consistent about. She never holds anything in her heart and blurts it out - be it her caustic remarks against the Gupta sisters or the fact that she overheard the Khushi-Shyam conversation. Today too, she was the first to break the news about the baby to Anjali when the remaining Raizada members were unable to speak.

Sav, I thought if at all Daljeet was strictly serviceable. She's didn't do much with her scenes. She had a chance to really own her scenes... this was begging for the audience's sympathy and we were primed to give it to her, but she played it straight up. Despite Sobti's mumbling, all the sympathy went to Arnav - which is really saying something since his diction really let him down today! 

I liked Mami --- I know we've been tough on her, but they've stayed really true to her. Utkarsha is nothing but consistent in her portrayal, even with the hello hi bye bye. Tongue

I feel for Swati Chitnis - daadi's written to be horribly one note. Even there at the hospital, her one point agenda was bringing Shyam back. When her realization  comes --- and it will be a doozy --- I hope Swati Chitnis can do something with it. It'll be her only shot to be more than Stoppy and Shyam advocate! 

Edited by docgirl - 03 September 2012 at 7:23pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie--Pallavi-joenet1234maaloo--Sari--premparbatshowstrucksavvy05soapsudspixiegirlipkbs

Go to top