Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Together in grief... (Page 15)

maaloo IF-Dazzler
maaloo
maaloo

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vistaa

HugHola SG's,

Having said that, Arnav's line about Anjali having lost it all..."ma, baap, pati aur ab bachcha..." was heartbreaking. I cried then...cried for a young woman who has seen such tragedy and who, it seems, is destined to repeat it...despite her desire and effort to cling to her perfect, make-believe world. That line really summed up Anjali's trauma.

Now to ODB and Khushi. Can I just say how emotionally satisfying it was to see Arnav starting or ending his sentences with "Khushi"? It was a small touch but it underscored that he was actively and deliberately sharing his pain and tragedy, his fears and nightmares with her. It was not the automated, robotic outpouring of pain by a deeply tortured soul who has reached the end of his tether...and who does not care who is around him to listen. This was Arnav who now knows that Khushi is his partner in every which way...that she is strong, loving, and honest and trustworthy and that he can rely on her to understand his pain, without thinking any less of him. She has seen him at his best and at his worst; and she has always been around for him. He had shared with Khushi about his mother's suicide earlier, but today he opened up in a cathartic retelling of his tragic past. Let us hope this helps him move forward, and find strength in Khushi's constant presence by his side.

That was a beautiful post vista.. I loved the above two paras the most.. I cried too at those lines.. when he says his di, has lost her mom, dad, husband now her baby.. it kind of showed his inability to do anything about it.. and how much he tried to protect her, but still some things were not under his control.. that was beautifully emoted by Barun...

It was truly a joy to see ASR open up to Khushi without her prompting him.. That shows the kind of ease that he has with her. He has accepted her as his soul mate. 

Edited by maaloo - 03 September 2012 at 9:47pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Vistaapremparbatshowstruck

pinky_blueskies IF-Sizzlerz
pinky_blueskies
pinky_blueskies

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
I'm left speechless with the episode and more with the post, Sari! Loved your take and everyone's too
I felt the same numbness after watching the episode thrice last night. I never expected this to come last night, was thinking of some OTT track from Anjali but I was wrong.
It was emotional and Barun, hats off man! Only you can do this!
Looking forward to tonight's episode.

Will try to edit this again when I get home after college.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630maaloo--Sari--Vistaapremparbatshowstruck

zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:55pm | IP Logged

My only grouse was Barun's less than hundred percent hug...today of all the hugs, the director should have insisted on him putting his head down on her shoulder and just letting go...it was that kind of seminal moment in their story...no less important than the rain hug, or Diwali almost-kiss, or cliff-top hug. Sanaya as always, was flawless. Her silent facial expressions for better part of the episode, starting from Anjali's hospital room to Arnav's side, we uniformly spot on. Thumbs Up Nobody does empathetic pain better than this girl

Loved your post...especially the part in bold!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

VistaashowstruckNewbiesoapfan

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
It is usually quiet tonight.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maalooVistaa

docgirl IF-Dazzler
docgirl
docgirl

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:58pm | IP Logged

Now to today...one would have expected her first thought on gaining consciousness would have been to somehow find out about Shyam...if he was well...if he had safely made it out of Shantivan ...something that she was madly trying to do before she fell. She would have looked for Dadi and perhaps tried to check with her silently...but no, the moment she woke up...she started talking about her child...as if she had already been told about what had transpired. This break in continuity was jarring...and lent itself to a general impression of theatrics to her breakdown. I hate feeling this way to her very real loss...certainly as a mother, I can imagine little else that could be worse than a day when you know your child is no more.Cry

Having said that, Arnav's line about Anjali having lost it all..."ma, baap, pati aur ab bachcha..." was heartbreaking. I cried then...cried for a young woman who has seen such tragedy and who, it seems, is destined to repeat it...despite her desire and effort to cling to her perfect, make-believe world. That line really summed up Anjali's trauma.

My only grouse was Barun's less than hundred percent hug...today of all the hugs, the director should have insisted on him putting his head down on her shoulder and just letting go...it was that kind of seminal moment in their story...no less important than the rain hug, or Diwali almost-kiss, or cliff-top hug. Sanaya as always, was flawless. Her silent facial expressions for better part of the episode, starting from Anjali's hospital room to Arnav's side, we uniformly spot on. Thumbs Up Nobody does empathetic pain better than this girl...

Vistaa, lovely empathetic take - not surprising from you. One of my biggest peeves on the show next only to Khushi getting short shrift has a character has been the mishandling of Anjali. Her's is perhaps IPK's most complex character and it's been bungled! When Anjali woke up delusional and hopeful, my heart sank. I thought they were going the OTT drama way, picking up from Friday --- the lack of continuity that you mentioned was just jarring. But once we got past that things picked up. 

I wish I could feel as empathetic towards Anjali as you do - I had tremendous  empathy for her post thappadgate. But there has been too much discontinuity with her character sketch. So, now I watch her impassively, feeling little other than confusion and sadness that a fictional baby had to die in this OTT fashion to rescue the plot and reintroduce the villain. 

I've come to accept that Sobti is not going to win any prizes for his hugs, while Sanaya is the world's best hugger. Tongue  But today actually the hug worked for me. I think his breakthrough was not clamming up as he is wont to do and actually sharing his trauma with his Khushi. The hug... he'd come as far he could opening up to her about his thoughts, he couldn't have shared any more of himself. I think there may be another big breakdown at some point and perhaps he'll go further with the hug --- but then it is Sobti Wink

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630Sunijoenet1234zainah09maaloo--Sari--Vistaashowstruck

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:01pm | IP Logged
@Sari: Loved your anchor post...you described all the emotional quoutients of the episode so fabulously. Clap StarThumbs Up Arnav's guilt, Anjali's denial followed by anguish and Khushi's support and strength. Four Lions should take you on as their interpreter-in-chief..Big smile  Best of the best!!!

@Mandy: Great post...with you most specially on the FB...there has to be more to it...

@Sri: Loved what you said about Arnav...so true.

@Sugar: True that about miscarriage...like you, I too have had loved ones lose their babies and the subject is so painful on so many levels that I can't even begin to tell. Makes me deeply uneasy...

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

maaloozainah09--Sari--sugar_babeshowstruck

maaloo IF-Dazzler
maaloo
maaloo

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by showstruck

It is usually quiet tonight.

I know.. even I was wondering about the same thing.. Tongue
--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 10:05pm | IP Logged
Visi - was winding down...AD calling...A long weekend, now need to get it rolling... but your post brought me back...Awesome as usual...much of what we discussed tonight and we all agreed...You essentially summarised it beautifully...Clap The hugs, the diction, DB's childish banter...
But what worked was the screenplay...today they didn't mince words, they went straight to the story...So we all got the point...If only they could stick to their story, they have a powerful one...Leave the BW stuff for the competetion...A compelling story will bring back the audience...8pm isn't the time for decoding, we need to relax and unwind...the brains have been drained by AD...LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630zainah09docgirljoenet1234Vistaa

Go to top