Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Together in grief... (Page 13)

joenet1234 IF-Dazzler
joenet1234
joenet1234

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
Dadi's character is supposed to be 'my way or the highway'. She is being used as a pawn to make way for Shyam. Right now, the biggest hurdle for Shyam is ASR and the only way to break ASR is through Dadi - metal cuts metal. First part of the plan was successful on Friday i.e. to hurt Anjali. Second plan was completed today i.e. make ASR vulnerable, cause him to feel guilty. Now that ASR is blaming himself, all is needed is a slight nudge to push him over the edge, the nudge will come from Dadi. She'll magnify his guilt by bringing up the past decisions and how he is repeating history if he doesn't allow Shyam back.
The unfortunate part here is Dadi's expressions are monotone. The one-dimensional acting is not cutting it, she needs to show a range. There should have been a moment of pause or ponder for her at the same time as ASR. Both of them have seen the past, both of them were affected by it, how come Dadi didn't recall similar thing happening 14 years ago?

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-ravenheartmaaloozainah09docgirlHriju321--Sari--premparbatshowstrucksoapsudsVistaasbk2

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by docgirl

Joey, I leave again only on Wed, in NYC until then. I would be envious of your great time in my neck of the woods...IF my time in New York wasn't such a blast. You've got to PM me deets on what I missed! 

Apart from the mumbling, Sobti still didn't cut it for you? You're tough, girl! I think the epi itself didn't quite match the intensity of the post shaadi ones. Those were just terrible to watch --- ergo they worked. Sobti was much better there, but he also had virtually no dialog. While I liked what they did in today's epi (esp after fearful friday!), at no point did I feel this was too awful to watch. So as Maxine suggested much more forcefully this wasn't from the IPK drama hall of fame. Tongue

Doc - I revisited the shaadi...Those few days were great...Where is that Khushi? Some awesome conversations especially the dubbed one...If only they could spend sometime and redo it with Sanaya's voice and show it in FB...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-ravenheartzainah09docgirljoenet1234soapsudsVistaashowstruck

zainah09 IF-Dazzler
zainah09
zainah09

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by premparbat

Originally posted by showstruck

One confession, I understood BS today without having to rewind. Good for me.

Sari, I am so happy that I never see any of the symbolism.

Barun,s mumbling is and has been an issue. I,ve had to rewind many of his scenes to clearly hear him. But for some reason I was willing to overlook it as he got the emotion right...which to me was perfect as I could feel his anguish.

Poor guy ...has set such a high bar for himself that he gets noticed for just about everything. Is not hugging properly,  seems disconnected, seems like Barun...

It must be hard day in day out to remain in character...anyway I am willing to overlook all these shortcomings. I simply think he brings ARNAV to life as no one else can...

No argument that he brings Arnav to life...that's  the reason everything he does gets noticed...personally the hugs don't bother me but diction definitely does...I don't mean to sound rude but he gets paid to act and his job puts him in the limelight to be scrutinized...if he is not doing something right people will see it...sure it's hard staying in character but that's exactly what he signed up for...

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-ravenheartdocgirljoenet1234soapsudsVistaapremparbatshowstruck

showstruck IF-Rockerz
showstruck
showstruck

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by zainah09

Originally posted by showstruck

One confession, I understood BS today without having to rewind. Good for me.

Sari, I am so happy that I never see any of the symbolism.

Barun,s mumbling is and has been an issue. I,ve had to rewind many of his scenes to clearly hear him. But for some reason I was willing to overlook it as he got the emotion right...which to me was perfect as I could feel his anguish.

Poor guy ...has set such a high bar for himself that he gets noticed for just about everything. Is not hugging properly, seems disconnected, seems like Barun...

It must be hard day in day out to remain in character...anyway I am willing to overlook all these shortcomings. I simply think he brings ARNAV to life as no one else can...

No argument that he brings Arnav to life...that's the reason everything he does gets noticed...personally the hugs don't bother me but diction definitely does...I don't mean to sound rude but he gets paid to act and his job puts him in the limelight to be scrutinized...if he is not doing something right people will see it...sure it's hard staying in character but that's exactly what he signed up for...

Like I said I had trouble understanding him before. Today was an exception. I was actually ready for his mumbling but then understood without rewinding.
Both actor and director should try to work this out.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-docgirlzainah09ravenheartVistaapremparbatsbk2

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by --Sari--

Maloo, Maggie - Dadi didn't not sit well with me today...I applaud her for her persistence and believing in her principles, right or wrong...But there is a time and a place...Get both sides of the story , will ya...A man who has taken care of his sis for 14 years starting at the tender age of 14, can't be that wrong...can he? She is not grey but she is headstrong, a Malik trait...

Sari for some reason I dod not disagree with dadi today...see she is looking at Shyam in the light of her own son and how he lost his life because of a silly mistake according to her. She is trying to ensure that history does not repeat. Also she thinks it is because of Arnies stubbornness that the husband is absent and Anjali needs her husband.    I don't think she has any other agenda.

She is thinking of Anjali...

Ratna - I get Dadi's argument. I look at both sides of the coin, even with evil Shyam...LOL They have yet to prove to me Shyam has reasons to be so demonic to his wife and child...Angry In fact, I was defending Anji over the weekend even though I have never been on Anji fan.

Yes, t
his is the time for the father/husband to grieve alongside his wife. But in times like these you take collective decisions as a family. What is right for Angi should be done in consultation with her brother who has taken great care of her for 14 long years when she was visibly absent from their lives. If nani made this decision I can understand but dadi claiming rights this late is not acceptable. Discuss w/ASR and see what the real issue was...If she thinks ASR is unreasonable, ask nani what the issue was...They are friends aren't they? But just bringing him without their consent is plain wrong...

Edited by --Sari-- - 03 September 2012 at 9:12pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-ravenheartmaaloozainah09docgirljoenet1234showstruckpremparbatsoapsudsVistaa.Mandy.sbk2MrDarcyfan

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mepharm

Rabba Ve ladkisBig smile...read most of the takes and loved themClap

I didnt want to rant right after the episode today so I kept it to myself but now I am going to say it.This episode was heart wrenching only because a mother lost her child and a loving doting brother failed as one in his own eyesOuch...But as actors were concerned the siblings did nothing to me today..

Barun Sobti emotes well through his face and eyes but I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE TALKS/SAYS/MUMBLESConfused...How difficult is it for the editing and sound dept to make his voice heard??? Do they not watch the episode even once before SP airs it??

Daljeet Bhanot is limited and handicapped with her acting skills...she can only pull off a mentally skipping DI...she had two big ticket scenes...one when she lost her husband and today when she lost her child...BOTH LEFT WANTINGConfused

BAS BOL DIAY...RANT OVERWink

Ditto girl on BS and DB, that has been our theme tonight...pea brains unite...LOL

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-docgirljoenet1234MepharmshowstruckVistaasbk2

MrDarcyfan IF-Sizzlerz
MrDarcyfan
MrDarcyfan

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
Amazing post! Have not seen the episode! Now can't wait!

After reading some of the posts I have something to add! WHO does Stopwa think she is? She was gone all these years and she thinks she knows best? What does she know about Shyam?? Is she such a fool to not at least discuss the issues with Devyani? Where does this women get off?

Sick of her high handedness! She has NO right to force Shyam in them!

Edited by MrDarcyfan - 03 September 2012 at 10:02pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Maggie-premparbatshowstruck--Sari--sbk2

-Maggie- Goldie
-Maggie-
-Maggie-

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Goodnight,Good day all,

Tomorrow's the first day of school for my little one...gotta get up early to get ready!

Catch you later!

Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Hriju321showstruck

Go to top