Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Spice Girls Hangout:Together in grief... (Page 12)

-Maggie- Goldie
-Maggie-
-Maggie-

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Sari--

Originally posted by magnetic693

Seriously...Dadi is super persistent isn't she?  I am eagerly awaiting the showdown..but I have a feeling they will drag it until Wednesday?  Hope I am wrong, and they show the confrontation tomorrow for trps.

Maloo, Maggie - Dadi didn't not sit well with me today...I applaud her for her persistence and believing in her principles, right or wrong...But there is a time and a place...Get both sides of the story , will ya...A man who has taken care of his sis for 14 years starting at the tender age of 14, can't be that wrong...can he? She is not grey but she is headstrong, a Malik trait...

Agreed.  What I did like seeing was Kushi showing her haq on Arnav and Anjali.  Kushi was right in there, helping Anjali and taking care of her needs without showing any hesitancy or fear in front of Dadi.  And there was no reprisal from Dadi which was interesting...

Edited by magnetic693 - 03 September 2012 at 8:30pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630maaloo--Sari--showstruck.Mandy.ipkbs

--Sari-- IF-Rockerz
--Sari--
--Sari--

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by joenet1234

Hello all!
Just got home after an amazing weekend and made a beeline to Doc and Sari's post, rest I will get back in a bit. Just wanted to make sure I catch Doc before she leaves ... again Big smile
@Doc - First of all.. boo hoo! I so wish you were in Boston, I had an amazing time although Maxine is probably doing jumping jacks in sheer joy that I left LOL coming back to your post, I am completely convinced now that I don't have to write anymore. You have said everything that I would have said. Mumbling has GOT to go. Bas. As far as the performance, there is room for improvement and quite a bit I must say. The accent thing has nothing to do with mumbling, completely irrelevant.
@Sari - Ransom? phangurls? Satyamev Jayate.. haila! abhi to humara 6 months ka contract khatam bhi nahi hua, aap abhi say aisy bataein kara rahi hain?LOL
@maxine - da fuq with symbolism. Just remember Nupur.

off to read the others...

Joey - Hug Blame it on the company,  YOU...Angry Phangurls ki baatein phangurls hi jaanein...Hum seedhe dil se likthe hai, koyi shaq?
Gaaliyan bhi...ROFL 6 month contract - itna aasan hai tumhare liye?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

maalooHriju321joenet1234showstruck

-Pallavi- Goldie
-Pallavi-
-Pallavi-

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by premparbat

Seriously...Dadi is super persistent isn't she?  I am eagerly awaiting the showdown..but I have a feeling they will drag it until Wednesday?  Hope I am wrong, and they show the confrontation tomorrow for trps.

Maloo, Maggie - Dadi didn't not sit well with me today...I applaud her for her persistence and believing in her principles, right or wrong...But there is a time and a place...Get both sides of the story , will ya...A man who has taken care of his sis for 14 years starting at the tender age of 14, can't be that wrong...can he? She is not grey but she is headstrong, a Malik trait...

Sari for some reason I dod not disagree with dadi today...see she is looking at Shyam in the light of her own son and how he lost his life because of a silly mistake according to her. She is trying to ensure that history does not repeat. Also she thinks it is because of Arnies stubbornness that the husband is absent and Anjali needs her husband.    I don't think she has any other agenda.

She is thinking of Anjali...

Dadi wanting to bring back Shyam makes more sense now because she was right about her son and she is thinking the same about Shyam now.

But CVs must have told the actress who plays dadi that your role is to bring back Shyam. So she does only that and doesn't show any other emotions.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-maaloopremparbatshowstruck

Mepharm IF-Rockerz
Mepharm
Mepharm

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Rabba Ve ladkisBig smile...read most of the takes and loved themClap

I didnt want to rant right after the episode today so I kept it to myself but now I am going to say it.This episode was heart wrenching only because a mother lost her child and a loving doting brother failed as one in his own eyesOuch...But as actors were concerned the siblings did nothing to me today..

Barun Sobti emotes well through his face and eyes but I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE TALKS/SAYS/MUMBLESConfused...How difficult is it for the editing and sound dept to make his voice heard??? Do they not watch the episode even once before SP airs it??

Daljeet Bhanot is limited and handicapped with her acting skills...she can only pull off a mentally skipping DI...she had two big ticket scenes...one when she lost her husband and today when she lost her child...BOTH LEFT WANTINGConfused

BAS BOL DIAY...RANT OVERWink

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

cheeky25ashwink630Suni-Maggie-maalooHriju321zainah09--Sari--soapsudsshowstruck

PSharada IF-Sizzlerz
PSharada
PSharada

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:40pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by docgirl

Both Sobti and the director need to do something about his mumbling... or cut his dialog. As a performer he really brings nuance to his portrayal of emotion. He uses his eyes and face really well, but his diction really lets him down. Many times I had to strain to listen, try to lip read or simply stop and rewind to catch his dialog. That really kills the flow of the scene, especially when he does such a stand up job of emoting.

I also wish that someone with better acting chops than Daljeet had played Di. She did fine in the denial scenes, but then there's the scene when she realizes that no matter what Chottey can be trusted to tell her the truth and she reaches to her belly to check for the physical evidence of the baby. It's a moment of transition  from hopeful, desperate denial to desolate desperate realization. Daljeet played it with the broadest of brushstrokes. Someone more competent could've really elevated the scene with a more nuanced portrayal.

A lovely post & spot on...If I had a rant, your above lines would be it....I may sound like a broke record and face the wrath of phangurls but BS can deliver big time if he can improve on his diction...He has great potential, I don't doubt that one bit...I will not hesitate to point this out, even if the phangurls have a ransom on me. My life is precious but Satyameva jayete...Thumbs Up
So many times I rewind but still quite can't get it...Then I just let it go coz I lose the flow...The past director's worked hard on this I suppose coz this is more evident now than before...

Daljeet fell flat for me...Her voice modulation isn't cutting it for me...Her character has so much potential...Yes, just when we thought detox times are here...

Doc, I am seriously tired of all the symbolism that is thrown around...That is where they are losing their audience...IF has taken it to a whole new level...I want to be a pea brain, get my 30 mins of simple pleasure of watching a gripping story & move on...We are all overdoing it & that is one reason we aren't enjoying this story...

Agree with both Sari and Doc. Barun needs to speak out clearly. He was quite good in the truth coming out scene with Khushi on the bridge. But today I felt he could have done better. He was absolute treat to watch in the first 10 mins when he watches his Di breaking down. He could say so much even without saying any dialogue. But in the part when he actually was speaking I felt so disconnected, I had to strain hard to hear him. Maybe the sound in the background could have been reduced a little bit so that the dialogues were audible.

Anyway story-wise I am happy we are not getting a typical serial wherein the miscarriage would have played out for 1 week or so. Good that IPK moved on from that point within 10 mins of the show, so really thankful on that part. But sorry to say Daljeet can't act, it is a fact. She can look beautiful, and smile and say "aap bhi na" but acting is not her cup of tea.

Sanaya acts very well and maybe that is why I feel DB's acting very ordinary. Case in point - when Khushi hears Arnav saying "I Love You" on phone, the way her eyes go wide like she can't believe it and then a tear dropping from her eyes, and then the walk back recollecting all her interactions with her husband, like she wants to believe it but is very afraid to touch the dream, and then her realization that she indeed has fallen for her husband even with the hate they had. Absolute wonderful. Had Daljeet shown that range of emotions, Anjali would have been redeemed. She came across as a fragile toy and I for one didn't feel touched by Daljeet's acting. Bol diya toh bas bol diya.

Another thing is I am getting highly irritated by the Dadi character. She is just do things my way kind of character and sorry to say she is not cutting it for me. Nani and Manorama Mami are truly the mothers to these orphans and both aced their scenes with Anjali and Chotte.

Now looking forward to Slapgate 2, Shyam and Arnav dishum dishum.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630Suni-Maggie-maaloozainah09--Sari--soapsudspremparbatshowstruck

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:41pm | IP Logged

Agreed.  What I did like seeing was Kushi showing her haq on Arnav and Anjali.  Kushi was right in there, helping Anjali and taking care of her needs without showing any hesitancy or fear in front of Dadi.  And there was no reprisal from Dadi which was interesting...

I agree, I love how she took charge in this episode whether it was taking care of Anjali or being there for Arnav she stood as a pillar of support for both. Khushi was the shoulder for Anjali to cry on and was there for Arnav, I really like the way he opened up to her without hesitation. Like Sri pointed out Khushi and Arnav have come a long way.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-maaloozainah09soapsudsshowstruckPSharada

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:45pm | IP Logged

I agree with you, whether she knows the truth or not she was not there for 14 years. I do not like how Dadi has returned ready to take charge suddenly believing she knows better than Arnav who took care of his sister in the time she and her other son abandoned them. Dadi should not be contradicting the decision Arnav made especially since he has his family's support.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwink630-Maggie-maaloozainah09--Sari--soapsuds

Hriju321 IF-Dazzler
Hriju321
Hriju321

Posted: 03 September 2012 at 8:47pm | IP Logged

A song fitting for Arnav and Khushi

Go to top